Author Topic: LEL Brevet cards and refunds?  (Read 13950 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: LEL Brevet cards and refunds?
« Reply #75 on: 29 January, 2010, 07:36:26 pm »
Wonder what the italian ride will have. 
Last time there was a sheet of paper for stamping and a certificate and medal at the end

Everytime I see this I think it would make a good teatowel

Infact everytime I see it I think it is a teatowel!

DanialW

« Reply #76 on: 29 January, 2010, 08:04:11 pm »
Me too!

mikewigley

« Reply #77 on: 29 January, 2010, 08:44:07 pm »
What was the timescale for informing the organiser of LEL that you were a non starter ?.I e-mailed about about 4-5 weeks before the start. I must admit I did'nt expect anything back, but having just found this thread it's set me thinking.I can well understand that food and services would have been purchased in advance and that the monies would have to come from somewhere.

I understood the entry fee was NOT refundable unless the person withdrawing from LEL was able to help out at a control.  Is that the case?

« Reply #78 on: 29 January, 2010, 09:55:18 pm »
What was the timescale for informing the organiser of LEL that you were a non starter ?.I e-mailed about about 4-5 weeks before the start. I must admit I did'nt expect anything back, but having just found this thread it's set me thinking.I can well understand that food and services would have been purchased in advance and that the monies would have to come from somewhere.

I understood the entry fee was NOT refundable unless the person withdrawing from LEL was able to help out at a control.  Is that the case?

It was refundable only at discretion of the organiser. In practice this sort of phrase means that the nearer to the starttime you pull out of the start list, the better your story has to be to get a refund. Generally speaking, a doctor's letter that you're unable to start due to an injury gives you a bigger chance to get a refund as something in the line of motivational problems or not fit enough.

« Reply #79 on: 18 February, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »
My validated card arrived today!  :D
"There is nothing nothing nothing wrong with spending money on a bike."--R. Ballantine

« Reply #80 on: 16 March, 2010, 05:41:23 pm »
Is anyone else still waiting for their brevet?  VeloYellow's hasn't made it back yet and we are wondering who to check with.
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

« Reply #81 on: 16 March, 2010, 07:57:16 pm »
Is anyone else still waiting for their brevet?

I haven't got my Brevet card either, and don't know who/where to ask.

Tal.

« Reply #82 on: 16 March, 2010, 09:20:30 pm »
Is anyone else still waiting for their brevet?

I haven't got my Brevet card either, and don't know who/where to ask.

Tal.

Hi Tal

I have your (unaddressed) card.  PM me your address and it will be in the post to you tomorrow.

Keith

« Reply #83 on: 16 March, 2010, 10:08:46 pm »
I haven't got my Brevet card either

edit: it's on its way

« Reply #84 on: 20 March, 2010, 08:00:20 pm »
I haven't got my Brevet card either

Henk Verouden, Holland but living in France

Robert Lammerts has your card. You can contact him through the Dutch E-mail list.

anselmo

« Reply #85 on: 02 April, 2010, 11:05:18 am »
I am rider number 359, I have not got the brevet card, please  tell me whom I have to contact with

« Reply #86 on: 02 April, 2010, 11:40:42 am »
Most of the cards have now been returned to their owners.  Some have gone to national organisations for onward distribution.

We still have a small number of cards where we have been unable to find a valid postal address.  We've been very wary of posting them without first verifying the address, since many were scribbled or seem incomplete.

If you haven't yet received your card, PM me and we can talk.

Cheers,  Keith

« Reply #87 on: 11 October, 2010, 02:25:58 am »
Yay! VeloYellow's brevet has arrived.  Delivered to Australia by carrier pigeon Swallow.  Thanks Judith. (And very well done on your Perth-Albany-Perth ride)
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1