Author Topic: Fair Fuel survey on drivers' frustrations - including cyclists  (Read 31105 times)

Re: Fair Fuel survey on drivers' frustrations - including cyclists
« Reply #75 on: 09 May, 2022, 11:22:23 am »
Hope he doesn’t mind me living in a Wetherspoons in Folkestone

« Reply #76 on: 24 April, 2023, 09:11:28 pm »
Here's the latest survey, on "YOUR VIEWS ON THE POLITICAL ISSUES AFFECTING UK DRIVERS"  ;D

https://s.surveyplanet.com/amdddiur

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #77 on: 25 April, 2023, 12:28:02 am »
All done. Usual fun.  ;D
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

« Reply #78 on: 25 April, 2023, 06:44:16 am »
‘Previous backers have included Logistics UK, the RHA, the RAC, Association of Pallet Networks, UKLPG and others’

People not to give your business to

« Reply #79 on: 25 April, 2023, 08:30:44 am »
‘Previous backers have included Logistics UK, the RHA, the RAC, Association of Pallet Networks, UKLPG and others’

Hard to move house/ transport goods without them.

I'm much more concerned about this misinformation:

UK's petrol and diesel drivers are up against the rich celebrity backed 'Client Earth', the fanatical 'Extinction Rebellion', "Stop Oil" and the uncompromising 'Green Party' all well financed by millions of pounds of donations from misinformed virtue signalling big egos and the liberal elite

As opposed to fossil fuel lobbies??

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #80 on: 25 April, 2023, 08:57:49 am »

UK's petrol and diesel drivers are up against the rich celebrity backed 'Client Earth', the fanatical 'Extinction Rebellion', "Stop Oil" and the uncompromising 'Green Party' all well financed by millions of pounds of donations from misinformed virtue signalling big egos and the liberal elite

They could've just said Woke.

« Reply #81 on: 25 April, 2023, 09:53:57 am »
On the "Which political parties support drivers, I ticked 'em all and said:

All parties support drivers. Not everyone supports that drivers rights should take precedence over other groups.

« Reply #82 on: 25 April, 2023, 10:49:46 am »
On the "Which political parties support drivers, I ticked 'em all and said:

All parties support drivers. Not everyone supports that drivers rights should take precedence over other groups.

Heh. I did the same.
Drivers are just people. All the parties support people.

« Reply #83 on: 25 April, 2023, 11:35:22 am »

[/quote]

I'm fairly certain that any of the fossil fuel companies have more money and can afford more lobbying than any of those  lefty activist groups intent on stopping the motorist

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #84 on: 25 April, 2023, 11:47:55 am »
And it's not even generally perceived as 'lobbying', just 'business'.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #85 on: 25 April, 2023, 05:16:22 pm »
Hope he doesn’t mind me living in a Wetherspoons in Folkestone

Did you know that Tristan da Cunha has its own post code. It was specially created to enable online deliveries.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #86 on: 25 April, 2023, 05:34:11 pm »
I just put my own details in.  He can do whatever he likes.

« Reply #87 on: 25 April, 2023, 06:23:07 pm »

Taking the RAC as an example, there are alternative providers of breakdown insurance. We all accept that we still need to burn fossil fuels in some ways - I’m still heating with gas - but I don’t accept them funding the misinformation, on which we completely agree. Associations/membership orgs and representative bodies are harder and, of course, do not necessarily represent the views of all their members.

Anyway - I did his survey but it’s plain to see it’s intended to wind people up rather than really to gather opinion.

« Reply #88 on: 27 April, 2023, 12:27:46 pm »
I wonder if completing his survey is actually counterproductive; if, say it comes out the 70% of respondents are in favour of his agenda, then it seems quite compelling to newspapers running the "story". If it says that 100% of respondents (or close) agree, then it looks like it is, totally unscientific and unrepresentative.

« Reply #89 on: 27 April, 2023, 06:33:30 pm »
I just put my own details in.  He can do whatever he likes.

I did, too. I don't really care.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #90 on: 27 April, 2023, 06:39:46 pm »
The Green Party does not accept large donations from individuals or companies, full stop.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Membership subscriptions
Membership subscriptions ("subs") provide one source of funding for political parties. However, in recent times membership has declined and campaign costs have grown.

The Green Party is the only major political party in the UK which receives the majority of its funding through membership fees and these are what cover the running costs of the organisation. Membership subs have become a more significant source in income for both the SNP and Labour in recent years, as both have seen substantial increases in membership.[2][9]
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #91 on: 28 April, 2023, 09:44:14 am »
"...the uncompromising 'Green Party' all well financed by millions of pounds of donations from misinformed virtue signalling big egos and the liberal elite"

They've obviously never looked at the Green party accounts.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #92 on: 28 April, 2023, 12:18:29 pm »
virtue signalling big ego liberal elite
Is a contender for my next sig
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #93 on: 03 May, 2023, 09:41:23 am »
The Green Party does not accept large donations from individuals or companies, full stop.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Membership subscriptions
Membership subscriptions ("subs") provide one source of funding for political parties. However, in recent times membership has declined and campaign costs have grown.

The Green Party is the only major political party in the UK which receives the majority of its funding through membership fees and these are what cover the running costs of the organisation. Membership subs have become a more significant source in income for both the SNP and Labour in recent years, as both have seen substantial increases in membership.[2][9]

I suspect that any figures the SNP provide on its funding are somewhat unreliable - https://news.sky.com/story/scottish-first-minister-humza-yousaf-reveals-snp-auditors-resigned-six-months-ago-and-he-did-not-previously-know-12855153#:~:text=It%20was%20revealed%20last%20week,they%20actually%20resigned%20in%20October.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 183 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #94 on: 10 May, 2023, 08:33:25 pm »
Howard Cox of FairFuel has drunk even more of his own CoolAid.  Joining the Reform Party to run for London Mayor in 2024 with a pro-motorist and anti everything else stance.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/london-reform-uk-richard-tice-fairfueluk-tories-b2336323.html
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #96 on: 16 February, 2024, 08:21:16 am »
New survey, folks!

https://forms.zohopublic.eu/fairfueluk/form/BUDGETMARCH2024/formperma/PMNA3K0qp3OFk9vjdHD9pUt0hBrMzDLiQfboIBW7cR4
They are moving to a subscription model now and the survey will not be accepted unless you tick
one of the boxes (£25, £50, £100, etc) indicating that you're prepared to pay said amount as an
annual subscription.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #97 on: 16 February, 2024, 08:09:53 pm »
New survey, folks!

https://forms.zohopublic.eu/fairfueluk/form/BUDGETMARCH2024/formperma/PMNA3K0qp3OFk9vjdHD9pUt0hBrMzDLiQfboIBW7cR4
They are moving to a subscription model now and the survey will not be accepted unless you tick
one of the boxes (£25, £50, £100, etc) indicating that you're prepared to pay said amount as an
annual subscription.

Not quite.  They're merely asking your opinion as to what the membership fee should be.  It doesn't require you to pay up when they launch that.  And you can of course tick the "Other" box and enter 0.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #98 on: 16 February, 2024, 08:59:02 pm »
Or select £100, as they are obviously worth that, and if enough people do that then that'll be what they set their subs to when they start to do a membership drive.

« Reply #99 on: 16 February, 2024, 09:12:32 pm »
That is one very biased survey, which of course is as expected.  Completed the survey with answers that they probably didn't want.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.