Author Topic: Sending route route with privacy code to device from RWGPS  (Read 1545 times)

Can someone please check this  - I prefer not to share my routes publicly. One rider for the upcoming CC cannot send the route to their device
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/12607232?privacy_code=r9Y0ErrHZ8r67cgj

I can open and download in an incognito browser but cannot test sending the file directly to my device* without logging into my account - and of course I own the file!

When I try to send route to the Garmin and click on download TCX (as I usually do)
"The record you are trying to view is not public.

If you are the owner, make sure you are logged into your account. Otherwise, contact the owner. If you came here from another website, contact the owner of that website about this problem."

*I (me personally use an Etrex)  so it's always a download  - which works for me with the above private file, privacy code and incognito window.

guessing that 'sending to device directly' needs an account whether the file is private or public

'spose I could unlock the privacy for next week but I'm curious is this an individual issue or a feature?

Thnks :-) A.

Re: Sending route route with privacy code to device from RWGPS
« Reply #1 on: 28 April, 2022, 08:11:46 am »
I am able to download the route you linked to whether I am logged in or not.

Does this help?
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

« Reply #2 on: 28 April, 2022, 10:40:32 am »
From incognito if I try to click on "Send to Device" then I'm offered a choice of devices but every one of them is blocked when I try it.

But if instead I click on the triple dot to the right of "Send to Device" then every format option I tried works and downloads ok.

« Reply #3 on: 28 April, 2022, 11:18:23 am »
Thanks  for the checks
Incognito just so I was not using my account  profile
strangely, download is now OK for me

« Reply #4 on: 28 April, 2022, 01:59:50 pm »
Opened and uploaded to my Elemnt Bolt without issue (but I do have a RWGPS account).