Author Topic: Missed by inches, driver sent a sodding advisory letter  (Read 5642 times)

ian

Re: Missed by inches, driver sent a sodding advisory letter
« Reply #25 on: 03 July, 2022, 11:40:16 am »
I was striving for hyperbole, but generally yes, we do make choices and to make a deliberate choice to buy or undertake an activity that can only lead to more degradation of the environment, well, I'm fair to judge them (and be judged) on those.

Obviously, I don't have an issue with a farmer etc. needing a larger vehicle, but I don't believe the ones parked around the corner belong to farmers and they've certainly never seen mud.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #26 on: 03 July, 2022, 01:35:55 pm »
Now taht our EV has arrived, I expect my X-Trail to be designated solely to the camping, moving of STUFF and carrying bikes to audaxes.  Yesterday the EV was the choice for a quick run into town.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #27 on: 03 July, 2022, 01:56:28 pm »
Okay, you can compare the two, but they are not equivalent.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

ElyDave

« Reply #28 on: 03 July, 2022, 02:57:39 pm »
well, they are equivalent, in that they both get you to New York.

My cousin got married in Florida, my aunt did not fly, at all, so she took the QE2 to New York and the train down to Florida.  She made her choice, just as you are doing.

« Reply #29 on: 03 July, 2022, 05:07:40 pm »
I disagree, choosing to drive an suv as opposed to a normal car is a different type of choice than choosing to fly instead of taking the qe2.
In one case you are choosing to pay more money to be more of a cockwomble, whereas the other you are unable to afford the more eco option.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #30 on: 03 July, 2022, 05:45:48 pm »
And ultimately, it's still micro-consumerist bollocks, even if it does demonstrate cockwomblitude.

ElyDave

« Reply #31 on: 03 July, 2022, 06:20:44 pm »
I disagree, choosing to drive an suv as opposed to a normal car is a different type of choice than choosing to fly instead of taking the qe2.
In one case you are choosing to pay more money to be more of a cockwomble, whereas the other you are unable to afford the more eco option.

you were comparing flying vs QE2, not me