Author Topic: Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***  (Read 10921 times)

Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***
« on: 20 March, 2021, 10:58:27 pm »
Starts tomorrow! (Sun 21st)

During lockdown 1 I rewatched all 5 series, so I'm up to speed and ready to roll....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2021, 10:16:37 pm »
Long shot from Ted’s office of new girl at work in the background...

Steve: “She’s good.”

SO WAS GEORGIA!!!!

Odds on she doesn’t survive the series - not least because they’ll need an excuse to bring Kate back into the fold.

Can’t remember Carl Banks from earlier series. Have we seen him before? And where have they moved Jackie Laverty?
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Re: Line of Duty S6 ***spoilers***
« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2021, 10:50:21 pm »
So was Jackie still in the missing "Large appliance"? I can't remember whether they moved her or not?

Edit: I'm glad I now know what CHIS means :P

« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2021, 07:16:10 am »
So was Jackie still in the missing "Large appliance"? I can't remember whether they moved her or not?

I think millions simultaneously reached for their phones to search for "CHIS".  I did.  Had to have subtitles on, to catch everything. 
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #4 on: 22 March, 2021, 08:45:23 am »
Can’t remember Carl Banks from earlier series. Have we seen him before? And where have they moved Jackie Laverty?

There was a Lee Banks in S5 (a member of the OCG).  Coincidence, no?

citoyen

« Reply #5 on: 22 March, 2021, 11:39:25 am »

I have a vague recollection of Ryan saying something about getting rid of her. Seems a bit pointless keeping her after Tony Gates died at the end of S1. They probably just forgot she was in Terry’s freezer.

I remembered it from having looked it up when it came up in a previous series. :smug:

citoyen

« Reply #6 on: 22 March, 2021, 11:40:10 am »

There was a Lee Banks in S5 (a member of the OCG).  Coincidence, no?

Unlikely to be a coincidence!

« Reply #7 on: 22 March, 2021, 09:35:46 pm »
I fired up the BBC sounds app earlier to listen to the radio and I noticed the LoD podcast. So I listened to it. It's early doors yet, but a few interesting questions:

WTF with all the locks on Davidson's front door?!

Why did she chuck the wine glass at the photo? Is the photo of her and her mother? And what's its significance?

Why have they got someone as well known as Andi Osho to play a dead woman? Is she actually still alive?!

citoyen

« Reply #8 on: 23 March, 2021, 07:20:37 am »
Why have they got someone as well known as Andi Osho to play a dead woman? Is she actually still alive?!

That’s a very good question!

Just had a look on imdb and she is credited as appearing in six episodes of this series...

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #9 on: 23 March, 2021, 11:50:23 am »

DNA from her remains was found in the bag with John Corbett's body in S5 (episode 5 or 6, can't remember). Was it actually those body parts from that freezer, or just a trace of DNA?

« Reply #10 on: 28 March, 2021, 10:21:36 am »

DNA from her remains was found in the bag with John Corbett's body in S5 (episode 5 or 6, can't remember). Was it actually those body parts from that freezer, or just a trace of DNA?

Well remembered!

citoyen

« Reply #11 on: 28 March, 2021, 10:51:20 am »
Yes, well remembered indeed - I'd completely forgotten about that, but according to the internet it was actually body parts that they dumped in a bag along with Corbett's body.

citoyen

« Reply #12 on: 29 March, 2021, 02:46:03 pm »
"There's only one thing I'm interested in....

<drum roll>

BENT COPPERS!"

<downs all the drinks, sets fire to bingo card>

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #13 on: 30 March, 2021, 03:42:12 am »
Watched this on my phone last night after missing it Sunday night. Looks like we're being asked to remember stuff from Series 1 now! Kate recognised Ryan but couldn't remember why - she had dealings with him as the precocious and nasty little shit on a bike in Series 1 (as well as John Corbett's murderer in S5, but she doesn't know that yet).

citoyen

« Reply #14 on: 30 March, 2021, 08:17:42 am »
“Hey, aren’t you the little scrote who tried to lop my colleague’s thumb off with bolt croppers?”

He was quick to hide his face when Steve came in the room.

« Reply #15 on: 31 March, 2021, 07:54:45 am »
So.... Davidson being involved with the OCG either willngly or unwillingly is a bit obvious. Perhaps she's infiltrated the group to try and bring them down? She's kept it quiet as she doesn't trust anybody.

Hillside or The Hill. Maybe that is the significance of H? Dot was stationed at Hillside before moving to DCI Gates' team in S1.

Buckles has always been made to look suspicious, but we dismiss him as a fool. Is his character purely there to mess with us or is there more to him?

« Reply #16 on: 31 March, 2021, 10:09:22 am »
Did Kate really leave AC12?  Or was it just a way of getting into Davidson's team undercover?

citoyen

« Reply #17 on: 31 March, 2021, 12:08:17 pm »
Did Kate really leave AC12?  Or was it just a way of getting into Davidson's team undercover?

Seems a bit of a coincidence that it's her new team that's being investigated by AC12, doesn't it?

Although if she is undercover, Steve obviously isn't in on it.

citoyen

« Reply #18 on: 31 March, 2021, 12:11:19 pm »
Dot was stationed at Hillside before moving to DCI Gates' team in S1.

Good knowledge!

I've no idea about Davidson but it feels like she's more Denton than Corbett.

No idea about Buckells either. Did wonder if there might be more to him than meets the eye but not much evidence to go on yet.

« Reply #19 on: 31 March, 2021, 04:45:03 pm »
Dot was stationed at Hillside before moving to DCI Gates' team in S1.

Good knowledge!

It was mentioned in the podcast. I didn't actually know that  :P

« Reply #20 on: 31 March, 2021, 04:45:32 pm »
Didn't Buckells interview young Ryan in S1? I guess he might not remember him, but it does seem a little suspicious. Also, surely there'd be background checks for previous for any new recruit? Or was Ryan too young for it to be kept on record?

« Reply #21 on: 06 April, 2021, 10:38:01 am »
What do we reckon to Buckells?  Wrong 'un, or just being thrown under the bus by Davidson?

citoyen

« Reply #22 on: 06 April, 2021, 11:21:42 am »
What do we reckon to Buckells?  Wrong 'un, or just being thrown under the bus by Davidson?

I reckon Buckells is a fall guy. His biggest crime is incompetence. His biggest asset is being inconspicuous, which is why he has managed to work his way quietly up the career ladder.

Davidson is throwing everyone under the bus she can, to deflect attention from herself. She clearly engineered the break-up of her relationship with Jatri, probably to protect her, but then she's thrown her under the bus as well.

The prominence of Osborne as a background character without being directly involved in the plot leads me to suspect he is going to figure significantly as the series progresses.

Glad Kate is on to Ryan now. She's still AC-12 at heart.

Overall, I'm finding this series kind of gripping but also kind of disappointing. Is it just me or is it all just a bit "Line of Duty's Greatest Hits Tour"? At least Ted managed to come up with a new variant on his "like the battle" line.

« Reply #23 on: 06 April, 2021, 11:24:38 am »
At least Ted managed to come up with a new variant on his "like the battle" line.
Yup, my inner voice said "Booom!" when he came out with that one!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #24 on: 06 April, 2021, 11:35:06 am »
Overall, I'm finding this series kind of gripping but also kind of disappointing. Is it just me or is it all just a bit "Line of Duty's Greatest Hits Tour"? At least Ted managed to come up with a new variant on his "like the battle" line.

There was a point in this week's episode where it felt like they'd decided to hell with the 4th wall.

When Kate and Davidson are together, the reference the "everytime someone says OCG", which is a common twitter line of duty drinking game. While Kate then references the short hair making everyone think she's a dyke. Blatant pokes at the fans there. Kate's always given my gaydar issues, but that may just be more hope than accuracy...

Does anyone know if series 7 is happening? If it isn't, then this is going to have to wrap it all up, including the whole Laverty in a freezer thing.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/