Author Topic: PBP first and last start times start times (for a spectator!)  (Read 1648 times)

PBP first and last start times start times (for a spectator!)
« on: 03 August, 2023, 09:54:06 am »
Can anyone give me the first and last starting times for PBP, please?
I am planning (and hoping!) to be able to get there to watch and take a few photos but searching on the net has failed to give a window of times to work towards. I don't know if the organisers think that this is information only useful to riders. Even the Rambouillet tourist office is mute on this although still advertising the event! It's mainly the time of the last starts that interests me, I can't see any way I'll be there for the first ones.

I was hoping to have volunteered but family and life have got in the way. Good thing I never got involved in the process!

Re: PBP first and last start times start times (for a spectator!)
« Reply #1 on: 03 August, 2023, 10:29:28 am »
Sunday 20th: 1600 First (Group A) to 2100 (Group U) last, a group of approx 300-350 every 15 minutes, 1600, 1615, 1630,...all "bicycle" except Group F "Specials" (Tandems, recumbents) at 1715
Monday 21st: 5 Groups 0500 - 0600

« Reply #2 on: 03 August, 2023, 12:25:47 pm »
Thanks, that's wonderful. I should be able to make just about all of them. It might be a late night and sleeping in the car on the way home.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #3 on: 03 August, 2023, 09:51:30 pm »
It might be a late night and sleeping in the car on the way home.

I hope somebody else will be driving  :D
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #4 on: 04 August, 2023, 01:02:54 pm »
It might be a late night and sleeping in the car on the way home.

I hope somebody else will be driving  :D

Nope, just me and the car. But we've always decided to park up and have a nap at the same time (at least up until now. I hope it stays that way, don't plan on changing it!)
Actually last group sunday at 21h means that I should be able to cycle back to Dourdan and sleep before I need to get back for the last groups on monday. Can't sleep at Dourdan monday morning, the girls have to go to work!