Author Topic: 2023 Results are in (unofficial)  (Read 9992 times)

frillipippi

• from Italy
Re: 2023 Results are in !
« Reply #50 on: 13 September, 2023, 07:42:50 am »
fwiw, i carried 3l in 4 bottles, which lasted up to villaines. i was a little jealous (every time i ride pbp) of supported riders carrying not much with them. my loaded bike weighed 15kg :'(

Then, your bicycle was lighter (less heavier  ;) ) in stage 2 than in stage 1.
This contributed to your faster pace, even if the contribution was probably tiny.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #51 on: 18 September, 2023, 09:40:05 pm »
This report, or at least the photos, could be subtitled "all your gardens are belong to us".
https://bikepacking.com/plog/paris-brest-paris-2023/
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #52 on: 05 October, 2023, 09:38:32 am »
do PBP results go to AUK site eventually - ie does it show up on your completed rides list?
The stats freak in me doesn't want to miss out on SR2500  :D

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #53 on: 05 October, 2023, 11:44:34 am »
do PBP results go to AUK site eventually - ie does it show up on your completed rides list?
The stats freak in me doesn't want to miss out on SR2500  :D
they did last time, but it seemed to be a manual process by the recorder scraping the PBP finishers list for UK riders, and corelating with AUK members list.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Re: 2023 Results are in (unofficial)
« Reply #54 on: 17 December, 2023, 05:22:26 am »
I guess it's all ancient history now but I had assumed that, with the better control time recording including the secret controls and only a couple of hundred "finished" riders without complete control recordings, the official results would have been published fairly quickly. But now almost 4 months since they are still outstanding, any intel on expected finalisation? Been fairly much radio silence on the ACP/PBP web/farcebook sites for a long time too? Ta.

« Reply #55 on: 17 December, 2023, 08:14:02 am »
All 2000 riders with missing control check ins need to be analysed as potential finishers, minus those that officially DNFed.

Without the brevet cards I don’t know what they can do. I suspect some horrible fudge is coming, or there just won’t be a definitive list this year…

Has anyone been contacted by ACP asking for a butchers at their brevet?

« Reply #56 on: 21 December, 2023, 02:05:56 am »
I am one of the 2000 – I contacted ACP via email, pointing out the issue and providing a photo of my brevet card and additional corroborating evidence and receive a reply – “I am not granted to update the online file but I have updated your time at Villaines-la-Juhel in the ACP file that will be used to publish the official PBP results.”

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Re: 2023 Results are in (Official)
« Reply #57 on: 04 January, 2024, 11:53:16 am »
Looks like ACP have published the results here:
https://www.audax-club-parisien.com/palmares-du-paris-brest-paris/palmares-paris-brest-paris-randonneur-2023/

And some interesting side notes:

Pour toutes les éditions les abréviations sont les suivantes :

hh:mm = temps en heures et minutes (temps réel corrigé des pénalités ou corrections éventuelles)
    AB = abandon
    AB† = abandon suite à décès lors de PBP
    HD = hors-délai
    NH = non-homologué suite à infraction au règlement (absence de contrôle, triche…)
    NP = non partant après une inscription validée

(my bold)

I wonder if any NH are missing timing data but have their card stamped.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #58 on: 04 January, 2024, 02:39:51 pm »
I figured it must have been published as I did see a sudden increase in points for 2023 on the AUK result pages  :D

« Reply #59 on: 06 January, 2024, 11:23:25 pm »
I just compared the final validated results from https://www.audax-club-parisien.com/palmares-du-paris-brest-paris/palmares-paris-brest-paris-randonneur-2023/ with the provisional tracking data results at https://track.rtrt.me/e/CC-2023#/tracker/

There are 247 riders where the status has changed.
OTL: outside time limit
NOT_TRACKED: rider did not appear in the published tracking data, but is included in the final results
NH: as noted above, "not approved following violation of the regulations (lack of control, cheating, etc.)"

Tracked status    Final Status    Count
    DNF    FINISHED    26
    DNF    OTL    23
    DNS    DNF    2
    DNS    FINISHED    4
    DNS    OTL    1
    FINISHED    DNF    67
    FINISHED    NH    20
    NOT_TRACKED    DNF    14
    NOT_TRACKED    DNS    12
    NOT_TRACKED    FINISHED    40
    NOT_TRACKED    OTL    5
    OTL    DNF    15
    OTL    FINISHED    17
    OTL    NH    1

I wonder if any NH are missing timing data but have their card stamped
It looks like all 21 of the riders classed as 'NH' had a full set of 16 controls recorded in the electronic tracking results. When I was analysing the tracking data, there were some results that looked dubious, where riders recorded unusually high speeds for certain stages, but none of the 'NH' riders appear to be in this category, and their tracked speeds look quite feasible.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #60 on: 06 January, 2024, 11:37:10 pm »
That is amusing. The official PBP results list me as a finisher. My stoker Steve ditto and AUK lists him as a PBP finisher but not me.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #61 on: 08 January, 2024, 02:02:13 pm »
I'e got a minute quicker.  Which makes me smile, as until that I thought I had finished in the same time as in 2007.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 183 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

« Reply #62 on: 08 January, 2024, 03:08:48 pm »
That is amusing. The official PBP results list me as a finisher. My stoker Steve ditto and AUK lists him as a PBP finisher but not me.

There's some slight difficulty finding AUK members who are not 'GB' and whose club affiliation isn't AUK.  There are no other general search parameters (that I can think of).

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #63 on: 08 January, 2024, 03:13:34 pm »
I figured that might be the case. Clubs listed in AUK’s club list might be part of the solution.

« Reply #64 on: 08 January, 2024, 03:45:34 pm »
I figured that might be the case. Clubs listed in AUK’s club list might be part of the solution.

It would be worth people in that position checking and claiming if necessary.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #65 on: 08 January, 2024, 04:27:58 pm »

It would be worth people in that position checking and claiming if necessary.

AUK should announce that they should do so and identify who to notify (the Recorder?).

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #66 on: 08 January, 2024, 05:06:34 pm »
News item on website:
"Did you complete PBP? Results now available

Results for PBP have now been uploaded - the data is here. We've added all riders who match members and are shown in the results as having Audax UK as their club or who reside in GB. Any other member should claim the ride using the overseas ride claim form."

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #67 on: 08 January, 2024, 05:15:58 pm »
Do we email recorder@audax.uk or do we use https://www.audax.uk/forms/recorder/ or is there a specific 'overseas ride claim form'? I've not found such a form yet.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #68 on: 08 January, 2024, 05:23:44 pm »
Didn't have to do anything, PBP showed up in my results automatically even though my primary club is Randonneurs NL (listed on the PBP results) and I don't reside in the UK  :thumbsup: (nor does the membership details form allow me to select Randonneurs NL as my club btw)

I just email Dan to the recorder@audax.uk address when I have finished a Dutch etc brevet.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #69 on: 08 January, 2024, 07:15:22 pm »
Do we email recorder@audax.uk or do we use https://www.audax.uk/forms/recorder/ or is there a specific 'overseas ride claim form'? I've not found such a form yet.
There is https//www.audax.uk/forms/overseas-event-claim-form. Sorry I just copied the link as text, but it's in the news item.

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #70 on: 16 January, 2024, 11:48:15 am »
bravo cards with the time stickers are being sent out - received mine with the post this morning