Author Topic: PBP - Knowledge Resource  (Read 19292 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Re: PBP - Knowledge Resource
« Reply #75 on: 14 January, 2023, 12:44:18 pm »
I'm in: 18:00 start. Again resisted the temptation to go for a slow 80 hour PBP.

« Reply #76 on: 14 January, 2023, 01:38:25 pm »
How do you get a homologation number if there is not one showing in my Audax UK results ?

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #77 on: 14 January, 2023, 01:42:34 pm »
To confirm you have managed to enter if your in doubt, just try rentering again with the same details and eventually just before the payment step, it will tell you that you have registered.
:thumbsup:

How do you get a homologation number if there is not one showing in my Audax UK results ?

Try looking up details here for LRM rides: https://randonneur.me/
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #78 on: 14 January, 2023, 02:50:52 pm »
The PBP Website seems to be working again but the Rider "Follow-up" link doesn't appear to work.

https://www.paris-brest-paris.org/en/how-to-register/

Andy Corless

« Reply #79 on: 14 January, 2023, 02:57:34 pm »
registration link

I'm starting at 17:15  :thumbsup:

Now waiting for my vélo special to be build and delivered...

Why not join in with us trikies? I'm sure we could loan you a barrow.  :demon:..but seriously however your 'special needs' are realised, see you at the depart!

« Reply #80 on: 14 January, 2023, 05:31:17 pm »
and two more emails, one of them saying "Amount remaining to be paid: 50€" while paypal shows I paid...

Same for me, when i logged in to check it has recorded the payment is received however!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #81 on: 14 January, 2023, 06:13:54 pm »
Been for a long ride with my wife in the wind and rain 🌧️,  got home shower and tea, some chat then remembered pre registration had opened today.  Registered at 17:23 and nice and smooth and no crashes.

I’m in the 90hr Special Needs group - 17:15 start.

The content of the last email (they send 3 emails in addition to PayPal one) once you’ve paid is

Bonjour,

Nous avons le plaisir de vous confirmer votre préinscription au Paris-Brest-Paris Randonneur

Les inscriptions seront ouvertes du 27/05/2023 au 02/07/2023
Nous vous rappelons que votre préinscription sera annulée si vous ne vous êtes pas inscrit avant le 20/06/2023

Cordialement,

L'ACP

« Reply #82 on: 14 January, 2023, 06:49:22 pm »
How do you know if it's worked?!
It took me to Paypal page, I paid and it takes you back to registration page.
But I haven't had an email except for the PayPal receipt.

Never got my emails, but it’s appearing when I log in now so all good. Got my G start as I wanted. Good news!

« Reply #83 on: 14 January, 2023, 07:57:05 pm »
...and now I have received an email to tell me that I am 'validated'.

There are still nearly 6000 places left for Deano  :thumbsup:

« Reply #84 on: 15 January, 2023, 09:31:52 am »
The rule on aero bars is:
For safety reasons, the use of extenders is strongly disadvised in peloton
(The French is pretty much the same)
So you can fit what you like, just don’t use them when riding in a big group.

This is good to know. I suffered nerve damage in my hands on LEL last year (they are still not right!), and was planning on using aero bars for PBP to take the pressure off. Obviously wouldn't use them in a group.
A friend ( @vorsprung OTP) addressed this in his blog a while ago, which might help: https://audaxing.wordpress.com/2012/06/24/hand-numbness-and-long-distance-riding/

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #85 on: 15 January, 2023, 06:10:07 pm »
My PBP inscription email took over 24hrs to arrive. I didn’t think I was being that difficult.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #86 on: 15 January, 2023, 06:53:34 pm »

Yeah got that today, my 4th email from them for my pre registration.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #87 on: 15 January, 2023, 10:42:08 pm »
I need to tweak my inscription details but, despite the ACP email suggesting that I can alter my records via a supplied link, no luck so far. I will wait a week or so and try again.

« Reply #88 on: 15 January, 2023, 10:46:51 pm »

Very thoughtful, Jon, but I got my entry in yesterday afternoon (17.30 since you asked)

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #89 on: 16 January, 2023, 11:20:07 am »
In for 18:15, after procrastinating all weekend, 15 minutes later than last time.

Contemplated taking an 80hr slot, but figured there is no need to increase the risk of failure.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #90 on: 16 January, 2023, 11:51:42 pm »
Forgot pre-reg was Saturday. All the 90 hour 6pm slots gone so got 6:15, for now.
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #91 on: 17 January, 2023, 11:02:43 am »
Hi All

Just a quick question; As an Audax UK member, is the public liability element of the insurance requirement for rides in Europe covered ?
Cheers

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #92 on: 17 January, 2023, 12:56:04 pm »
Hi All

Just a quick question; As an Audax UK member, is the public liability element of the insurance requirement for rides in Europe covered ?
Cheers
I don't think so, I'm sure it only covers Audax UK, so calendar events, perms and DIYs in the UK.

Last time I bought insurance from Dogtag £50

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #93 on: 17 January, 2023, 10:54:35 pm »
Hi All

Cheers
It doesn't.   I'm not even sure it covers Perms/DIY/ECE.  https://www.audax.uk/about-us/insurance/

If you are a CyclingUK member you get third party coverage worldwide except US and Canada.  Audax is specifically included.

John Stonebridge

• Has never ridden Ower the Edge
« Reply #94 on: 18 January, 2023, 10:26:06 am »
Using some of the figures quoted from the 2019 registration thread, a 2019 v. 2023 comparison of places left is as follows

On 21 January 2019

80hr    1043      
90hr    2781      
84hr    710      

TOTAL 4534

On 18 January 2023

80hr   887
90hr   3205
84hr   1317

TOTAL 5409

So it looks like slightly (but not wildly) higher levels of pre registration enthusiasm v. 2019 (in part at least a result of LEL22 being out of sync?)

Mind you I cant recall exactly how many extra places were added for 2023 I have 1000 in mind but may have been a bit more. 

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #95 on: 22 February, 2023, 09:42:21 am »
It looks like I might be riding tandem again at PBP, with Steve Bateman this time. I should remember how my previous stoker and I linked our pre-registrations (second rider to pre-register put the other's entry number into a comments box?) but is there a definitive guide for PBP tandemists somewhere? I've not found one.

« Reply #96 on: 23 February, 2023, 03:06:50 pm »
Me neither.  I was wondering how to do it, and I'll be riding when my window opens, so will need to do it fairly quickly on my phone. 
I'll certainly shout if I find something.

« Reply #97 on: 23 February, 2023, 03:15:46 pm »
Just had a look 👀 in my complete pre registration.  The only * comment showing is that tandem and triplet riders must both register.  Nothing more than that.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #98 on: 23 February, 2023, 04:15:55 pm »
From vague memory, the second rider to enter could use the first rider's pre-registration priority. This is important because Steve did not complete any BRMs last year.

I think that last time (but can't remember) that my stoker used my PBP entry number to allow him to register before he could do without but I have no idea how he did it.

I might just send an email to ACP and hopefully get a definitive answer.

« Reply #99 on: 23 February, 2023, 09:16:54 pm »
From vague memory, the second rider to enter could use the first rider's pre-registration priority. This is important because Steve did not complete any BRMs last year.

The Rules Article 4 says, “ For a multi-rider vehicle, the rider who rode the longest BRM (or RM1200 and +) will initiate the preregistration, so that their co-rider(s) will get the same priority to preregister.”

https://www.paris-brest-paris.org/en/rules/

but does not say how.

Perhaps when you pre-register and select Special - Tandem there might be an additional entry field or instruction?