General Category > Rides and Touring

Route knowledge please - Steventon/Milton/Didcot area

(1/2) > >>

robgul:

Does anyone know if you can get, with a bike, from Steventon to Didcot Railway Centre via a track that appears to leave the village, cross a footbridge over the A34 to Milton Manor and then through the Milton Park and between the railway and line and the power station site?

The OS suggests that you can and Google Streetview/Satellite ditto.

Info appreciated

orraloon:
Don't know the Steventon to Milton village bit, as you say maps suggest yes.

Milton Park to Didcot has shared use pavement with a roundabout juggle at the edge of Didcot.

RichForrest:
The track shows as a bridleway on OS and streetmap. Google streetview from the Steventon end seems to show it as an unsurfaced singletrack.
The bridge has quite high steps (I drove under it today) so you would need to carry your bike up and over it.

JonBuoy:
It may be possible but the Strava heatmap suggests that it is not a popular route:

robgul:

--- Quote from: RichForrest on 10 May, 2021, 02:25:58 am ---The track shows as a bridleway on OS and streetmap. Google streetview from the Steventon end seems to show it as an unsurfaced singletrack.
The bridge has quite high steps (I drove under it today) so you would need to carry your bike up and over it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Rich - I'd spotted the steps . . .  it's probably a "decide on the day" although it's a bit of a loop round unless we tackle the Milton/A34 interchange and then traverse the roadside cycle path into Didcot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version