Author Topic: LEL Entry  (Read 9690 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: LEL Entry
« Reply #50 on: 06 February, 2019, 12:51:01 pm »
Panic over, I've just found out I can squeeze in a sex change to qualify through positive discrimination, phew what a relief  :thumbsup:
It's a win win really, as I'll be able to get rid of those irritating dangly bits that get in the way when cycling.

Are you sure. A friend of mine who's going through this process had nearly a 2 year wait from referral to the gender clinic to first appointment, that was before she then had to live in her target gender role for at least a year, to then get put on the referral list for surgery. If she's lucky, she'll be through and out the other side by 2022. (Don't think it's better here in .nl, a friend here has a 20 month wait for the gender clinic).

I'd suggest there are easier routes to guarantee yourself a place on LEL...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #51 on: 06 February, 2019, 01:20:14 pm »
Panic over, I've just found out I can squeeze in a sex change to qualify through positive discrimination, phew what a relief  :thumbsup:
It's a win win really, as I'll be able to get rid of those irritating dangly bits that get in the way when cycling.

Are you sure. A friend of mine who's going through this process had nearly a 2 year wait from referral to the gender clinic to first appointment, that was before she then had to live in her target gender role for at least a year, to then get put on the referral list for surgery. If she's lucky, she'll be through and out the other side by 2022. (Don't think it's better here in .nl, a friend here has a 20 month wait for the gender clinic).

I'd suggest there are easier routes to guarantee yourself a place on LEL...

J
Worth reading this, too, before going down that road: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=110909.msg2364468#msg2364468
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #52 on: 06 February, 2019, 01:25:48 pm »
And anyway....?
Will you positively discriminating and guarenteeing women a place again?

No. That was an opportunity borne of circumstance, and that circumstance shouldn't arise this time. I'm reluctant to offer it from the outset - it feels a little unfair.

« Reply #53 on: 06 February, 2019, 08:54:08 pm »
Thanks for your concerns and advice Quixoticgeek, after considering all what you've written I've decided to do the surgery myself, who would have thought such a trivial life choice would take such a time.

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
« Reply #54 on: 06 February, 2019, 09:22:28 pm »
Thanks for your concerns and advice Quixoticgeek, after considering all what you've written I've decided to do the surgery myself, who would have thought such a trivial life choice would take such a time.

The forum view is that Gender Dysphoria jokes are in extremely non-excellent taste.

Kindly desist before there are Consequences.

« Reply #55 on: 07 February, 2019, 08:46:47 am »
Silly me, I forgot us Randonneurs don't have a sense of humour that we know of.
As the fear of the "consequences" far outweigh having fun I shall desist immediately, ciao for now.

« Reply #56 on: 07 February, 2019, 08:52:41 am »
Not so much that, more that there are trans people on the forum for whom the process has been no laughing matter. Times change and we have to change with them.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #57 on: 08 February, 2019, 10:10:34 am »

The forum view is that Gender Dysphoria jokes are in extremely non-excellent taste.

Kindly desist before there are Consequences.

Agree... and I also think the same respect should go towards individuals, not just categories.

When an individual reports a comment for being offensive on a personal level, it would be nice to have some kind of reply

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
« Reply #58 on: 08 February, 2019, 02:19:25 pm »
Multiple complaints were received.

A 'wait and see' approach was used initially.

I intervened when this failed.

whosatthewheel

« Reply #59 on: 08 February, 2019, 02:45:30 pm »
Multiple complaints were received.

A 'wait and see' approach was used initially.

I intervened when this failed.

Personally, I think it should be clear when a comment is "ad personam" and offensive or abusive or bullish and there shouldn't be a need for multiple reports... but I won't teach you how to be a moderator, because I was a terrible one in my days...  :thumbsup: