Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 144399 times)

Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #725 on: 26 October, 2020, 03:04:57 pm »
Well done Chris.  I’ve been saying ‘that’s the longest I’ve ever run’ for every first since I hit 5k  :D

It is a great feeling isn't it? 

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #726 on: 27 October, 2020, 10:41:38 am »
My procrastination means it is now raining. General anxiety is causing me some pain this morning. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #727 on: 27 October, 2020, 11:36:56 am »
Rain continues to stop play here too.  Tomorrow is forecast dry though and I have  7km planned for mid-morning.  Join me Beardy.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #728 on: 27 October, 2020, 03:21:35 pm »
My COVID app has turned red so no running for me, now leaving the house except for my Corona test tomorrow (and walking Rheindorf)
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #729 on: 27 October, 2020, 03:33:48 pm »
My COVID app has turned red so no running for me, now leaving the house except for my Corona test tomorrow (and walking Rheindorf)

Is that a test following the app suggesting you may have been exposed, but before symptoms? I think that would put your app ahead of ours!! How you are given the all clear

Mike

« Reply #730 on: 27 October, 2020, 03:34:45 pm »
Did this week’s lone run today, in the rain. It was very wet for almost 10km.

Now I  showered and fed:)

« Reply #731 on: 27 October, 2020, 04:05:23 pm »

Oh no.  Is that a proximity warning given that you are going to have a test?

Fingers crossed regardless.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #732 on: 27 October, 2020, 06:00:17 pm »
Yes, it’s a proximity warning - no surprise as my landlord and landlady downstairs have COVID.

I was negative in the test last Friday. Results took under 2 days so we shall see. Results appear in the App, all mega German efficiency.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #733 on: 27 October, 2020, 06:07:35 pm »
What most sane Brits would give for some efficiency here ...

« Reply #734 on: 28 October, 2020, 09:57:38 am »
I am on a bus heading out to Draycote Water and hopefully an 8k run.  It is about 7.6k for a full lap so we'll just have to wait and see what unfolds.

It's sunny but quite a biting breeze and I will be running in shorts and a tee.

« Reply #735 on: 28 October, 2020, 12:36:08 pm »
You know that saying about sometimes you get all four seasons of weather on the same day?  How about within the same hour?

The last 1.5k  was directly into driving rain.  It was truly miserable and reminded me of a cycling tour in the Outer Hebrides.  Anyway, 8k done and a very happy bear here.  👍

« Reply #736 on: 28 October, 2020, 05:29:28 pm »
Congratulations

« Reply #737 on: 28 October, 2020, 05:42:35 pm »
Well done PB. Think of it as character building, or an experience. At least that’s what they told me back in the day...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #738 on: 28 October, 2020, 08:41:58 pm »
I went out today for my first attempt at intervals - 30 seconds running followed by 2:30 jogging.

I found it harder than the basic 5k running so was happy when the intervals finished. However, I think I will try longer than 30 seconds running next time, maybe 1 minute. I hope this will help me speed up a bit.

« Reply #739 on: 28 October, 2020, 09:18:49 pm »
By contrast I've been experimenting with the "easy" run. Today i managed half an hour split between zones 2 and 3. Still got wet though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

« Reply #740 on: 29 October, 2020, 09:12:33 am »
I'm wondering about replacing my shoes. According to Strava, they've done 700km.

Still feel reasonably cushioned, but even on 5km jogs my dodgy foot is going completely numb.

Current shoes are Hoka Challenger ATR

Might look at something more off-roady, like the Speedgoat. (Since Lewis offers interesting, if rough, off-road.)
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #741 on: 29 October, 2020, 02:19:41 pm »
It would appear that the big toe nail I used last week to explosively decelerate while running along the river path, has indeed parted company with the toe although it is still currently affixed at the nail bed. I cannot therefore pull it off without some potential pain, something I to which I find I am allergic. It’s not as painful1 as it was, but I have been avoiding running in deference to it with the vague hope that if I left it alone it would be ok. Now that I know I’m going to lose the nail, I think I will just ignore it and go for a run. As soon as it stops raining!

1. It doesn’t half itch though.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #742 on: 29 October, 2020, 03:19:12 pm »
*Shudder* at Beardy.

I've recently replaced my old shoes, which "felt" OK, but kept giving blisters. So I reckon numb feet is worth a change.

« Reply #743 on: 29 October, 2020, 03:27:26 pm »
Can you tape your toe Beardy?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #744 on: 29 October, 2020, 04:30:17 pm »
I think I probably can PB, but I’m reluctant to do so for fear of ripping the toenail out when I take the tape off. I’ll have a word with the currently resident practicing nurse when she returns home from her afternoon out as she might have some magic tape...

« Reply #745 on: 29 October, 2020, 06:00:27 pm »
superglue can work well for nails. It naturally detaches as skin cells detach.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #746 on: 30 October, 2020, 12:04:06 pm »
Gosh, it's warm today.  Sweated my way around busy roads and quiet pavements.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #747 on: 30 October, 2020, 12:14:36 pm »
I’ve just done a very short run* of 2.13km. It hard;y seems to have been worth the bother of getting my running kit on.
Anyway, it was deliberately short and contained intervals ‘sprinted’ up a steep incline. 9 intervals in all, and the ToJ seems to be happy with my efforts. I needed to get out and it took me all morning to push myself out of the door, but I achieved that so it’s a win. And I agree PB, it’s rather warm out.

Toe update: I’ve not taken my shoes of yet, so,I don’t know how my toe has faired.  While I was getting ready, before I put my socks on I pressed the nail to see if it was painful. The squeamish should look away now. A jet of puss shot out and some more was cleaned out with further squishing. It smelt awful. I’m now in two minds as whether to Bother the medical profession with it or whether to leave it be. I’ll see what the nurse says.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #748 on: 30 October, 2020, 12:32:54 pm »
I left the house once it started to get light and did my 5 x 60 second running intervals with 2 minutes of walking in between.

What was interesting was that overall my average speed per km was 8:40 which isn't much slower than when I jog the whole way.

I am thinking I might do intervals with running/jogging rather than running/walking next time and see how that goes.

Well, my next run will be a 30 minute jog in the C25k mould as I want to do that once per week at least. I am hoping that if I also do 2 intervals sessions then my overall speed may increase. We shall see.

« Reply #749 on: 30 October, 2020, 12:59:53 pm »
I’ve just done a very short run* of 2.13km. It hard;y seems to have been worth the bother of getting my running kit on.
Anyway, it was deliberately short and contained intervals ‘sprinted’ up a steep incline. 9 intervals in all, and the ToJ seems to be happy with my efforts. I needed to get out and it took me all morning to push myself out of the door, but I achieved that so it’s a win. And I agree PB, it’s rather warm out.

Toe update: I’ve not taken my shoes of yet, so,I don’t know how my toe has faired.  While I was getting ready, before I put my socks on I pressed the nail to see if it was painful. The squeamish should look away now. A jet of puss shot out and some more was cleaned out with further squishing. It smelt awful. I’m now in two minds as whether to Bother the medical profession with it or whether to leave it be. I’ll see what the nurse says.

sounds like it needs a thorough clean with disinfectant and then iodine. Don't seal it up if infected.
<i>Marmite slave</i>