Author Topic: Beardys running log - Ct5k  (Read 143080 times)

Re: Beardys running log - Ct5k
« Reply #650 on: 15 October, 2020, 08:42:54 pm »
13km nonstop running before lunch.

Then a four mile walk into town after work.

Ouchy ouch!!

I've slightly tweaked some muscle in my groin and both Achilles are grumbling. A rest day tomorrow I think.

Had a lovely rhythm going for once though even with a sore shoulder and neck requiring me to swing my torso round to look over my shoulders crossing the side roads.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #651 on: 15 October, 2020, 09:17:44 pm »
 Be carful out there Asha, running distances like that could get you asked to go elsewhere.  ;D

Seriously, though, 13k sounds an odd distance, was it a commute? Hope you can work the knots out without too much agro. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #652 on: 15 October, 2020, 10:12:55 pm »
:D

I went out with vague plans of 10k, with 5k being fine if that's all I felt like. The first 8 went pretty smoothly so I decided to extend to 12.5 at that seems like a neat increase.

As it is that would have been quite a long cool down walk based on where my last loop ended so decided to push on to 13.

I'm sure I'll be ok with a rest day tomorrow (luckily we're getting a lift home because I don't think I could walk the four miles). Maybe two rest days And a hot bath. And maybe one more beer before bed.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #653 on: 16 October, 2020, 10:34:13 am »
PB's Quest 2 half marathon: week 1, run 3.

Stretches done, it's time to run!!!   

« Reply #654 on: 16 October, 2020, 11:45:11 am »
PB reporting:

Week 1 completed to plan.  Enjoying the runner's high.  Only 14 weeks to go...

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #655 on: 16 October, 2020, 12:18:00 pm »
How far this morn PB?

I need to go out with today or tomorrow. I'm thinking it'll be tomorrow when Sarah is at home and working, but I've yet to decide and might just go out today. Decisions Decisions

For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #656 on: 16 October, 2020, 12:46:23 pm »
It was 6.3km.   My plan has 3 x 6km for week 1 and I have managed this.

Week 2 has 2 x 6km and 1 x 7km.  I think that I will do the 7km on Monday.

If you have the time now just do it.  Oh shit, I sound like a Nike advert.  😲

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #657 on: 16 October, 2020, 01:37:44 pm »
Ive actually got access to my computer while Sarah is at Uni, so I'm trying to do some maintenance on it. It does look good out there though, so I might go... watch this space.  :D

« Reply #658 on: 17 October, 2020, 07:59:18 pm »
Away for a couple of nights so 24km of walking and 6.5km run this morning.
I need to get a plan for longer runs in the diary so that I can get upto my half marathon distance.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #659 on: 18 October, 2020, 12:16:21 pm »
Every day’s a school day. This mornings rather painful lesson was three fold. Getting out of the door is still challenge, but with spousal encouragement I managed it.
1. Kicking a hidden immovable object in running shoes while running is both painful and undignified
2. At some point over the last year or so I seem to have morphed, mentally at least, into a runner. Whilst trying to collect myself, reassure the couple I was avoiding that I was ok and pick myself up off the floor, all I could think was that I’d been doing quite nicely but a new 5k PB was now note going to happen.
3. I actually want to run. Whilst I was limping along post sprawl, easing the knots out, I wanted to be running. I started again as soon as I could. Armed with this insight, I noticed the same on each of the subsequent visits from Jeff.

I ended up going further than I think I was planning, as I’d set out with a vague idea of doing a 5k PB attempt without Jeff. After my enforced first visit I sort of picked my route on the fly to stay away from the main roads. It turned out that I incorporated parts of both of my major routes from opposite directions from home, though the river path was very busy (which is mainly why I was briefly in a position to closely examine the path construction!) and is to be avoided, especially on a Sunday morning. The fields were much quieter and I saw a reasonable amount of wildlife.

The run stats then, 10.6k so the furthest I’ve ‘run’ , faster than the last time I covered that sort of  distance, though rather more jeffing than I would like. Fastest 1mile and fastest 1k as bonuses.

« Reply #660 on: 18 October, 2020, 03:22:57 pm »
Every day’s a school day. This mornings rather painful lesson was three fold. Getting out of the door is still challenge, but with spousal encouragement I managed it.
1. Kicking a hidden immovable object in running shoes while running is both painful and undignified
2. At some point over the last year or so I seem to have morphed, mentally at least, into a runner. Whilst trying to collect myself, reassure the couple I was avoiding that I was ok and pick myself up off the floor, all I could think was that I’d been doing quite nicely but a new 5k PB was now note going to happen.
3. I actually want to run. Whilst I was limping along post sprawl, easing the knots out, I wanted to be running. I started again as soon as I could. Armed with this insight, I noticed the same on each of the subsequent visits from Jeff.

I ended up going further than I think I was planning, as I’d set out with a vague idea of doing a 5k PB attempt without Jeff. After my enforced first visit I sort of picked my route on the fly to stay away from the main roads. It turned out that I incorporated parts of both of my major routes from opposite directions from home, though the river path was very busy (which is mainly why I was briefly in a position to closely examine the path construction!) and is to be avoided, especially on a Sunday morning. The fields were much quieter and I saw a reasonable amount of wildlife.

The run stats then, 10.6k so the furthest I’ve ‘run’ , faster than the last time I covered that sort of  distance, though rather more jeffing than I would like. Fastest 1mile and fastest 1k as bonuses.
Brilliant. Congratulations.

I like the definition of a runner as someone who leaves the house intending to move at a pace slightly greater than a walk. 

« Reply #661 on: 18 October, 2020, 04:36:06 pm »
Excellent stuff Beardy.  👍

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #662 on: 18 October, 2020, 04:50:54 pm »
Thanks guys

I forgot to add, the ToJ says I’m overreaching whatever that means.  :o

« Reply #663 on: 18 October, 2020, 04:54:13 pm »
Thanks guys

I think it means it has under estimated you!

« Reply #664 on: 18 October, 2020, 04:56:51 pm »
Thanks guys

🤣

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #665 on: 18 October, 2020, 05:02:37 pm »
Thanks guys

;D

« Reply #666 on: 19 October, 2020, 11:53:16 am »
PB's Quest 2 half marathon: week 2, run 1.

7km in the bag.  Feels good.  A nice cloudy and cool day: perfect for running.  I was the only one out there in shorts and a tee though   🙂

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #667 on: 20 October, 2020, 10:19:51 am »
A bit of weather earlier on provided me with the perfect excuse, but I’m struggling to continue with said excuse now that it’s just a _bit_ windy. I only need to do a short one this morning as well, so I really should get my arse in gear.

« Reply #668 on: 20 October, 2020, 10:33:31 am »
Hope you get out!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #669 on: 20 October, 2020, 10:40:54 am »
I had four days in England eating all the wrong stuff (non-Keto) so feel horribly bloated and heavy. I think I will give it a couple of days before I try my next run.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #670 on: 20 October, 2020, 11:24:25 am »
I have been a bit down the last couple of days and eaten more than planned even though i had a good 6km run on Saturday.  Yesterday I ate all the wrong things and then was up operating all night (literally).  My hope is to get a 5km in this evening then an early night and commute by bike tomorrow with a longer ride home.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #671 on: 20 October, 2020, 12:58:23 pm »
A short one just shy of 5k running and a long walk home. I just didn’t have the energy to keep running. But the analysis shows that my pace was faster than of late, so that and the lack of a good nights sleep probably account for the fatigue. Oh, and I went in a completely different direction than usual, forgetting that there are what amounts to hills in this part of the country in that direction. So my pace includes Jeff’s company up some of those.

It’s nice out though, so I’m glad I went.

As an aside, does anyone have any tips for improving sleep hygiene? If I try and go,to sleep, I just lie there thinking about the worst possible outcomes for everything...

« Reply #672 on: 20 October, 2020, 01:05:31 pm »
Less than 5k?  You are letting the side down.  😉

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #673 on: 20 October, 2020, 01:29:02 pm »
Less than 5k?  You are letting the side down.  😉
imdid run a bit more before I stopped the clock, and the last Jeff was included, so technically the whole was 6 k  :P

« Reply #674 on: 20 October, 2020, 03:16:26 pm »
That's better.   :thumbsup:

I have my own dilemna:  Tomorrow rain is forecast throughout daylight hours.  Should I go for a treadmill run in the gym or should I simply shift 24 hours?  To be quite honest I do fancy giving the treadmill a bashing as I suspect it will be used more and more during the winter.

Will have to think about this.