Author Topic: Training/prep for first audax  (Read 11888 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Training/prep for first audax
« Reply #75 on: 21 February, 2013, 08:01:53 pm »
I have two of them & they have made appearances ay various yacf & audax rides,soliciting a wide variety of comments.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #76 on: 21 February, 2013, 08:25:35 pm »
I'll bet.   :-X
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #78 on: 21 February, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »
Tsk, Helly.

You're thinking of a Banana Hammock, not a Banana Guard.

Now wash out your mind.

« Reply #79 on: 21 February, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »
When I rode my first 12 hour (which I probably rode slower than some here would ride a 400) I was told that rice pudding in a bike bottle is good (remove top to consume). Unfortunately, they didn't point out that they meant Ambrosia. My mum's rice pudding is very nice, but the milk went down my throat and the rice all stayed firmly in the bottom of the bottle ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #80 on: 21 February, 2013, 09:28:35 pm »
Cheap rice pudding is wonderful Audax food. I've never carried it though; just drank it at controls. Tins are heavy; don't forget a can opener or carry decanted pud in a leakproof (ha ha) container.

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #81 on: 21 February, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »
Find out what works for you...

Pork pies and bananas with yummy Jelly Babies (the geniune Bassett's ones) for a pick-me-up (as often for whoever I'm riding with as for me) and Zero Xtreme in the bidons.  Anything I manage to purchase en-route is a bonus, although the spicy meat balls sandwich I had in Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychllwyndrobwllllantisiliogogogoch (from memory  :facepalm:) last weekend didn't go down well ... Oh, and any time I see a sticky flapjack, that goes with me, the the thicker and stickier the better  :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to trying out hot curry and beer as a nocturnal fuel source, sometime soon   ???
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...