Author Topic: Selling Pictures On-line  (Read 1095 times)

Afasoas

Selling Pictures On-line
« on: 04 March, 2014, 03:13:22 am »
I know this has been covered before, but I couldn't find the thread despite trying a few searches. I figured the position's probably changed slightly since then in terms of what's out there.

I'm looking to sell images via a website - mainly fine art/landscape/pet photos. It'd be great if the order goes straight to a reasonable quality lab who take their cut in return for fulfilling the order. I've used Zenpholio in that past. Just wondering if there are any better recommendations?

Thanks

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: Selling Pictures On-line
« Reply #1 on: 05 March, 2014, 10:31:00 am »
As you know, I've just done this and plumped for Zenfolio.  I don't know of any better UK-centric outfits, so I'll be very interested to hear if anyone has experience with other fulfillment options.

As far as their cut goes, I think it's pretty fair actually.  Given the massive amount of work that I had stuffing envelopes and dealing with queries post-LEL, their cut seems quite reasonable.  I'm definitely going to try and avoid that kind of workload again.

That said, for low volume fine art work where presentation and the personal touch is everything, self-fulfillment might still have a lot to be said for it.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Afasoas

Re: Selling Pictures On-line
« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2014, 12:18:40 am »
For now I've integrated photomoto into my personal blog.

It works fairly okay and it includes all the images on a WordPress site by default. You get options to exclude certain pages.
I need to try and disable it for featured images and also stop the featured images appearing at the top of each post.

I will probably be taking out a Zenfolio subscription again for the biz website as I have an upcoming job where by the client wants to make pictures available for folk to buy after the event. Zf gives a lot more flexibility and is better when it comes to pricing your own items with different price lists available for different albums.