Author Topic: NO!!!!!!!  (Read 5010 times)

Jes

NO!!!!!!!
« on: 25 April, 2008, 08:03:24 am »
Am currently sitting in office commando style - in a skirt....too scared to move in case I inadvertently do a Sharon Stone.

What do I do?
Spend the day like this of walk down Oxford Street to M&S hoping the wind doesn't blow. :-[

Used to keep spares in cupboard but owning to fact I've forgotten before, the cupboard is bare......

Re: NO!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 25 April, 2008, 08:07:36 am »
:D

I'm working on pall mall today - you want me to deliver some to your receptionist?  "these are for Jes, she forgot this morning"

should start some great rumours!!

Jes

« Reply #2 on: 25 April, 2008, 08:15:14 am »
 :-[.....I can;t believe that after five years of this bike commuting thing I can still do this!

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2008, 08:17:13 am »
That's just very funny! What can you do but keep your legs tightly crossed all day!

Or could you put your cycle shorts back on and say its the new fashion?

Chris S

« Reply #4 on: 25 April, 2008, 08:23:34 am »
Used to keep spares in cupboard but owning to fact I've forgotten before, the cupboard is bare......

It's not just the cupboard that's bare then...

*sniggers*

So the choice is a Sharon Stone in the office, or a Marilyn Monroe in the street...

« Reply #5 on: 25 April, 2008, 08:50:49 am »
Bike shorts under skirt & nip down to M&S.  And buy a 5-pack & leave the rest in your drawer!

(I too have done this.  Yesterday I forgot to take a bra :-[ but luckily it was cold enough to wear jumper over t-shirt & just do without.  It was surprisingly comfy, in fact.)

spen666

« Reply #6 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:04:47 am »
Am currently sitting in office commando style - in a skirt....too scared to move in case I inadvertently do a Sharon Stone.

What do I do?
Spend the day like this of walk down Oxford Street to M&S hoping the wind doesn't blow. :-[

Is that Brazillian bare or Hollywood bare?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #7 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:09:36 am »
I'm sat here with no pants on <snip>...
But I'm enjoying the frisson.  :P

Hmmm. I'm not entirely sure that we wanted to know that.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #8 on: 25 April, 2008, 09:14:04 am »
Why does this make me think of Norwich?

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: 25 April, 2008, 11:22:38 am »
Is it inappropriate to admit here that I do that enough that I've got quite used to going au naturel?

::-)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: 25 April, 2008, 11:46:23 am »
I think I might nip back down to the computer room and put my underware in a pannier, just so I can join you all.

annie

« Reply #11 on: 25 April, 2008, 11:48:32 am »
I rarely wear them, I have a problem with latex (elastic) so have no choice, unless I can find a pair without any elastic and that has its own problems.  It doesn't bother me, quite comfortable.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #12 on: 25 April, 2008, 11:49:11 am »
On the occasion that I've done this my biggest fear is that I'm in a meeting and my fly is down.  There are some things your colleagues don't need to know.

spen666

« Reply #13 on: 25 April, 2008, 11:50:46 am »
On the occasion that I've done this my biggest fear is that I'm in a meeting and my fly is down.  There are some things your colleagues don't need to know.

Dead birds don't fall out of the nest

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #14 on: 25 April, 2008, 11:51:59 am »
Were we supposed to be getting dressed today?

Oh.
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #15 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:19:19 pm »
ACF dress-down Friday.

I haven't got any shoes on but my socks have been well darned.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jes

« Reply #16 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:23:08 pm »
I rarely wear them, I have a problem with latex (elastic) so have no choice, unless I can find a pair without any elastic and that has its own problems.  It doesn't bother me, quite comfortable.

Modesty has been restored - although quite reluctantly coz yes, i agree, au naturel is actually very comfie!

« Reply #17 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:37:12 pm »

Dead birds don't fall out of the nest

No, Winston.

« Reply #18 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:43:25 pm »
I'd rather forget my skids than my socks and have to wear my white coolmax cycling socks with my black brogues and dark suit. I don't usually tell anyone I am without, unless there is follow through.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #19 on: 25 April, 2008, 12:56:14 pm »
We have no showers at work, so the morning routine is a strip wash in the teeny hand basin in the blokes' khazi, get dressed.

The other day I forgot my teeny commuting towel, so drying using a handful of paper towels was, umm, interesting.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #20 on: 25 April, 2008, 06:46:38 pm »
The closest I've come to this was leaving my socks and grundies in my locker and, following my shower, having to go commando back to the locker (it's in a corridor a long way from the changing rooms) and furtively get re-dressed in the bogs.

I've also ripped a sock in half when putting it on (if anyone knows a source of decent sized socks like 10-14, rather than the 9-12 I have to put up with, please tell me) and had to wear the sweaty one I used to cycle in.  Fortunately I wear black socks for cycling in winter, because white ones look silly peeping out below my longs.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

donpedro

• ain`t haulin` any lambs to the marketplace anymore
    • But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #21 on: 25 April, 2008, 07:02:02 pm »

What do I do?

:-X
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."