Linked Events

• The Bears do Twiteys: 09 May, 2024 - 13 May, 2024

Author Topic: Twitey's camping break - May 9th through 13th, 2024  (Read 3744 times)

Re: Twitey's camping break - May 9th through 13th, 2024
« Reply #25 on: 03 April, 2024, 12:15:04 pm »
The wee glamping sheds looked very interesting when we did our walk-a-round last time.  Something similar a couple of hours from home would be quite appealing.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #26 on: 03 April, 2024, 11:10:33 pm »
I still think the major issue is bladder o'clock. We could bring our big camping bucket, but it's a pretty costly weekend for a tent, albeit a luxury tent.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #27 on: 30 April, 2024, 07:59:07 pm »
Having enjoyed a few days of almost no rain and the ground having finally dried out a bit I took the recently acquired Hilleberg Keron 4GT to the rec just to put her up and check her over.

I had checked it out from the bag when I bought her some months back and all seemed in order but there is no test better than a full erection.  🤭

Anyhoo, all is well.  Add in to this that we've bought a king size rectangular sleeping bag with zips along each edge allowing me to hang a limb or two out for cooling through the night as I do with the duvet at home and I am confident that Twiteys will be another very comfortable experience.

Looking forward to a few days away from everyday life.

« Reply #28 on: 06 May, 2024, 12:39:22 pm »
I'm planning to load the bike on Tuesday & ride down.   Has anyone else booked a pitch yet ?   

I note that the intrepid Kim has been camping in the Lakes over the last few days where she has been horribly nibbled by midgies.  Don't forget the repellant.     Another site advises me that ticks are out in force this year as well.  :(     Warmer & wetter.....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #29 on: 06 May, 2024, 01:42:15 pm »
As far as I know I have booked a pitch which we are sharing with our non-YACF friends.   Cycleman has intimated an interest but nothing more as far as I know.  Perhaps send him a PM?

That's my understanding so far.

chopstick

• aka "freiston" in other places
« Reply #30 on: 06 May, 2024, 06:38:50 pm »
I'm hoping to make it for Friday night (only, unfortunately) but was just going to turn up and see what pitch was available.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #31 on: 06 May, 2024, 08:24:56 pm »
I shan’t make it, tempting though it is.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:54:28 pm »
I'm back from the Lake District (where it rained) via the midgefest of Delamere Forrest (where pre-emptive application of DEET on the return trip started to dissolve my cycling mitts).  Will give this proper consideration once I've dealt with the considerable backlog of Stuff that needs doing now I have a real computer, and have dried all my kit out.

Has anyone apart from PB booked a pitch?

It would be Friday and Saturday nights at the most, though.  Barakta only just got me back.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #33 on: Today at 03:00:38 pm »
If I was ever considering this, I no longer am. Birthday party in the Forest on Saturday, "stewarding" at an event on Sunday, gosh, what an exciting weekend, ect, ect, and so on.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #34 on: Today at 03:16:48 pm »
I’m on my way but expect to be SLOW as I’m totally out of condition.  If nothing goes wrong I might make it by Friday evening.   Looking at their website there were plenty of pitches available at the weekend.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark