Author Topic: WEDNESDAY Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride  (Read 191712 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: Thursday Night Northallerton and Environs Social Ride
« Reply #600 on: 01 March, 2013, 09:58:12 pm »
Did we come second in the quiz?

I remember having a wee in a field on the way back and falling over a bit. The beer was nice. And Deano did 95 miles before the pub run. And there was a pie with cheese in it. Chips also.

I miss all the exciting nights out . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #601 on: 01 March, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »
Mmmm ..... fajitas!

Were very good! Though a bit too much, even though I'd ridden a long way for them.

FYI, next week is Pie Week at the Farmer's Arms in Scorton.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #602 on: 02 March, 2013, 10:03:01 am »
...and even better news, for those who haven't seen it on FB, The New Inn is re-opening today!

I soooooooooo feel a trip down Shark Lane coming on!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #603 on: 02 March, 2013, 03:01:18 pm »
I have a prior engagement this Thursday, imbibing culture instead of beer! 

And yes, interzen, Pugsley would _like_ shark lane.

« Reply #604 on: 04 March, 2013, 07:57:46 pm »
I'll be missing this Thursday too, though - a previous appointment with poetry and music.

I might wander out for a ride around Darlo on Tuesday the 5th (tomorrow), if anyone fancies it...?

tiermat

« Reply #605 on: 04 March, 2013, 08:27:57 pm »
I shall still be going out, anyone else?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #606 on: 04 March, 2013, 08:32:41 pm »
I shall still be going out, anyone else?

Not sure. Off work sick. Have to see how it goes.

thelazycyclist

• where's crusty?
    • thelazycyclist
« Reply #607 on: 06 March, 2013, 11:00:15 pm »
Sorry, I'm out this week.  Some boring admin type stuff I need to do tomorrow night.  If you're going it alone T have a good one, hope to see you on the next one.
The friendly landlord helped us put our bikes into his very big shed.  Very carefully we did not fall into the acid bath which was there.

tiermat

« Reply #608 on: 07 March, 2013, 02:01:44 pm »
I tlooks like I will be on my Jack Jones then, I intend, shortly, to head out to meet <Name redacted by request>(if I can find my Mojo, I know it is here, somewhere, under this pile of junk in the office), then shall keep the flag flying for Thursday Night Pub Rides by heading out to a) Maunby then back to b) Thrintoft.  May well include a loop past my parent's house :)

tiermat

« Reply #609 on: 08 March, 2013, 03:07:39 pm »
I did manage to get out for a bike ride yesterday, out to Thirsk, then train home.

I was intending to go and recce the chip situation at Thrintoft, but was too cold, so I went home :) It'll have to wait for another time, won't it?

To forewarn you all, next Thursday, at the moment, is forecast for snow (as it would be as I have just removed the mud/snow tyres and mudguards from the Inbred), so we shall be aiming for a short "interesting" ride...

Who's free for next Thursday, then?

CrinklyLion

« Reply #610 on: 08 March, 2013, 04:12:20 pm »
Free,  but won't be riding on snow!  Shall keep a weather eye on the thread ;)

tiermat

« Reply #611 on: 08 March, 2013, 04:12:47 pm »
Free,  but won't be riding on snow!  Shall keep a weather eye on the thread ;)

YHPM

tiermat

« Reply #612 on: 10 March, 2013, 01:55:59 pm »
Weather changing to dry and cold, still time for it to revert to snow, of course. Maunby, or further?

CrinklyLion

« Reply #613 on: 11 March, 2013, 10:09:17 am »
If it isn't snowy/icy I could prob manage the short route round to Maundy - that is realistically about my limit on an evening, and is slightly contingent on being able to keep my eyes open for long enough!  Similarly, straight up the a road to Thrintoft, I guess.  Or a train to the Vale of York, depending on how people feel about a trip to Thirsk.

tiermat

« Reply #614 on: 11 March, 2013, 01:44:04 pm »
If it isn't snowy/icy I could prob manage the short route round to Maundy - that is realistically about my limit on an evening, and is slightly contingent on being able to keep my eyes open for long enough!  Similarly, straight up the a road to Thrintoft, I guess.  Or a train to the Vale of York, depending on how people feel about a trip to Thirsk.

How about I say we will work around you? Hopefully this snow will have stopped and cleared up by Thursday (the forecast says it will) so a run out to the Buck might be a plan :)

« Reply #615 on: 11 March, 2013, 02:18:54 pm »
I wouldn't mind a bit of Copper Dragon lottery* in Maunby.

*one bar tender pours a very good pint, and the other bar tender pours a pint that.. isn't as good.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #616 on: 11 March, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »
Well, as I say I'm very weather dependant!  Ever since the Elbow I am somewhat more risk averse than I used to be.  I ain't riding on snow and ice, at all.  The implications of breaking something else and another 6 weeks off work being useless are too unpleasant to think about!

« Reply #617 on: 11 March, 2013, 09:45:14 pm »
I've re-fitted my ice tyres. If that doesn't bring on spring, nothing will.

tiermat

« Reply #618 on: 12 March, 2013, 10:10:48 am »
Well, as I say I'm very weather dependant!  Ever since the Elbow I am somewhat more risk averse than I used to be.  I ain't riding on snow and ice, at all.  The implications of breaking something else and another 6 weeks off work being useless are too unpleasant to think about!

Completely understood.

It's ok, though, as Deano has fitted his ice tyres, so there will not be ice, or snow, on Thursday, guaranteed* :)

*I may have gone some way to balancing out the universe, though as I removed the mudguards and fitted thinner tyres...

CrinklyLion

« Reply #619 on: 13 March, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »
*checks metcheck for NTR tomorrow*

Hmm.  Station Hotel anyone?  Or the Golden Lion?  These have the significant advantages that you could actually go for a bike ride beforehand and it is very handy for the station/THoFC afterwards :D

tiermat

« Reply #620 on: 14 March, 2013, 07:51:08 am »
I haz a plan which can involve either of those pubs.  We can reprise the part-abandoned ride we did previously, when we met you last time at the Station.

Who is in for tonight?

LindaG

« Reply #621 on: 14 March, 2013, 07:54:40 am »
Me!

tiermat

« Reply #622 on: 14 March, 2013, 07:58:09 am »

CrinklyLion

« Reply #623 on: 14 March, 2013, 08:30:45 am »
I'll meet you at the pubbe then :) 8ish? Let me know which when you decide, I'll keep an eye on here.

tiermat

« Reply #624 on: 14 March, 2013, 08:31:49 am »
NP, remember, if it is the Station, ASK just what is in the quiche before ordering ;)