Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3012394 times)

nicknack

• Hornblower
A rather creepy geezer rang our doorbell a few minutes ago. He wanted to sell us a  framed overhead pic of our house and garden.
Shooed him away.
Just seemed a bit weird.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
My brother bought one, but it was a photo from 30 or 40 years ago, not one just taken by drone.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

nicknack

• Hornblower
This was taken last June apparently. He said it showed folk enjoying the sunshine on the patio. Actually it was a bunch of workmen fixing our fence.

They're not that uncommon. We had a similar chap not long after we moved in. I was tempted, but MrsC vetoed, amongst other things on the grounds that the very tatty patio table left by the previous owners, but which we had replaced, was very visible in the picture.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
We have three aerial photographs of our house, all left for us by the previous owners. We’ve had people knocking to try to sell us additions to our collection but have never taken them up on the offer.

The oldest of them dates back to when the place still looked quite new - probably early 80s. It’s interesting seeing how the place has changed over the years.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Anyone else keep thinking it's Sunday?

Yep. But I'm completely out of kilter as I had Monday to Wednesday off work to burn up some leave, in on Thursday, then obviously out since then.

Bad news for you then, its Wednesday and people at work are wondering where you are  ;D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
It was Tuesday earlier this morning as I listened to the bin men collecting the recycling bags that have adorned the pavements since Monday night.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary

Jury's still out on that one but yesterday was definitely Saturday.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

MrsC has been worried all morning that our trip to the tip and supermarket would prevent her from listening to the Archers (or, worse, force me to have to listen to it). We were leaving our third stop before either of us realised she was thinking about tomorrow.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

citoyen

It must have been Saturday yesterday because we had fajitas for dinner.

No idea what today is. Some kind of strange limbo that doesn’t feel entirely real.

Beardy

• Shedist
I’m superfluous. I’m no longer needed by my son to sit with him when he drives to his visits. He did four visits on Thursday a round trip of over 100 miles and didn’t even feel the need to tell me he’d done so.  :'(
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer

It must have been Saturday yesterday because we had fajitas for dinner.

No idea what today is. Some kind of strange limbo that doesn’t feel entirely real.

I'm finding lately that the week seems to be around 9 days long and three of them are Saturdays. Unless they're Mondays.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
There are names for days?

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Yeah, but they never come when they're called.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I was delighted to receive a promotional leaflet from the Daily T*l*gr*ph in the envelope containing the CTC Cycle magazine today.
Not

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End

Yep - I only know what day it is by looking at the days on foil packs for the pills I take!

I’m superfluous. I’m no longer needed by my son to sit with him when he drives to his visits. He did four visits on Thursday a round trip of over 100 miles and didn’t even feel the need to tell me he’d done so.  :'(

You should be feeling proud that you were able to help him become more independent.

citoyen

One of them is called “Binday”. This is the day when you look out of the window to see the bin lorry trundling past your house without stopping, and that is the moment when you realise that yesterday was Binday Eve, the day when it is traditional  to put the bins out for collection. But you didn’t. Again.

Beardy

• Shedist

You should be feeling proud that you were able to help him become more independent.
oh, don’t get me wrong, I am very happy to have enabled his further independence. He’s not needed me since he was 15 or 16, but that hasn’t stopped him turning to me for help, or indeed stoped me from stepping in to offer support. It’s just that since he’s been back in Woodbridge, circumstances have conspired against him and he’s had to ask for more help more often than either of us had become used too.
It’s a double edged sword. I’d become somewhat more used to being needed. That I am free of the commitment and was instrumental in enabling the same is of course wonderful. That I don’t get to spend as much time with him is a little sad.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
I was delighted to receive a promotional leaflet from the Daily T*l*gr*ph in the envelope containing the CTC Cycle magazine today.
Not
That's curious, cos when mine arrived I thought how unusual it was that there were no promos inside.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
I only know it's the weekend 'cos Mrs P starts demanding Piña Coladas.

I've just realised it's Saturday so I've ordered a pizzer

nicknack

• Hornblower

One of them is called “Binday”. This is the day when you look out of the window to see the bin lorry trundling past your house without stopping, and that is the moment when you realise that yesterday was Binday Eve, the day when it is traditional  to put the bins out for collection. But you didn’t. Again.
Which is exactly what I did last Tuesday. I was convinced it was Friday. ::-)