Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 897608 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2325 on: 02 February, 2017, 09:00:06 am »
Palmer Luckey

Funds pro-trump trolls in systematic way to disrupt election
'founded' occulus VR headset, but seems he ripped off mucho code from his previous employers, which has cost fb 500m. 
<i>Marmite slave</i>

essexian

« Reply #2326 on: 02 February, 2017, 10:37:29 am »
Whoever did this on NCN Route 55 in North Staffordshire....

https://www.facebook.com/midlandstoday/videos/10154949612724761/

Twat.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2327 on: 10 February, 2017, 06:23:58 am »
A toss up between Motoring Moron, here or Rant...hmm... nooo... _definitely_ a Twat.

The bloke (and it _has_ to be a bloke) at Vauxhall (GM) who decided that automatic headlight dipping (I think the ad. calls it "adjustment") which, "detects oncoming traffic so you don't have to" was a good idea. Does he think that drivers aren't sufficiently inattentive to other road users already?

How many poor bloody pedestrians and cyclists is that going to dazzle / blind?  'Cos you can bet that the detection method (oncoming light level? movement above a given speed?) will be calibrated for cars, vans and lorries.

And what's the betting the system only works when the other vehicle is directly ahead and that it'll dazzle other car drivers as well?

Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #2328 on: 10 February, 2017, 08:57:39 am »
A toss up between Motoring Moron, here or Rant...hmm... nooo... _definitely_ a Twat.

The bloke (and it _has_ to be a bloke) at Vauxhall (GM) who decided that automatic headlight dipping (I think the ad. calls it "adjustment") which, "detects oncoming traffic so you don't have to" was a good idea. Does he think that drivers aren't sufficiently inattentive to other road users already?

How many poor bloody pedestrians and cyclists is that going to dazzle / blind?  'Cos you can bet that the detection method (oncoming light level? movement above a given speed?) will be calibrated for cars, vans and lorries.

And what's the betting the system only works when the other vehicle is directly ahead and that it'll dazzle other car drivers as well?
Sorry going OT - my automatic headlight dipping on my Renault Kadjar works faultlessly- it dips for cyclists as well as it does for cars - both in front of me and coming towards me, but somehow manages to not dip for passive reflective material (eg on marker posts). It's mightily impressed me.
Discussion elsewhere on this learned forum suggests there may be an algorithm for detecting closing speeds (if there is - it's about the only bit of computing that Renault did get right).

Tapatalk puts this signature here, not me!
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #2329 on: 10 February, 2017, 09:09:16 am »
I have to admit to begin out of touch with automotive technology as I'd assigned the blinding full beams responsibility to knob jockeys behind the wheel.

In a world of incredulous levels of twattishness I find it somewhat intriguing that we've tired of Trump, Conway, Morgan, Gove, Clarkson, Farage, Spicer, Vine, Icke, Grayling, Mugabe, ...

Donald trump becoming President of the USA rather seems to have drawn a line under this thread for me.

Suddenly everything else seems mildly irritating by comparison.

Couldn't agree more with Lee's sentiment two pages ago.

« Reply #2330 on: 10 February, 2017, 09:11:38 am »
Ah, but at least Trump keeps on giving...

« Reply #2331 on: 10 February, 2017, 10:49:28 am »
Nicola Sturgeon’s Cambridge relative that burned a £20 note in front of homeless guy.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2332 on: 10 February, 2017, 11:14:50 am »
Nicola Sturgeon’s Cambridge relative that burned a £20 note in front of homeless guy.

Or possibly the desperate journalist who used the tenuous connection with Sturgeon to make the story seem a bit more interesting:

A spokesman for the Scottish government said: “The individual is not a direct relative of the first minister or her husband.”
He is thought to be the nephew of the former husband of Mrs Sturgeon’s sister-in-law.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2333 on: 10 February, 2017, 12:29:49 pm »

Sorry going OT - my automatic headlight dipping on my Renault Kadjar works faultlessly- it dips for cyclists as well as it does for cars - both in front of me and coming towards me, but somehow manages to not dip for passive reflective material (eg on marker posts). It's mightily impressed me.
Discussion elsewhere on this learned forum suggests there may be an algorithm for detecting closing speeds (if there is - it's about the only bit of computing that Renault did get right).

As with self-driving vehicles, this is the sort of thing that if done right is going to treat cyclists better than a typical human driver who is either incompetent or doesn't give a fuck.

« Reply #2334 on: 10 February, 2017, 12:43:49 pm »

Or possibly the desperate journalist who used the tenuous connection with Sturgeon to make the story seem a bit more interesting:

A spokesman for the Scottish government said: “The individual is not a direct relative of the first minister or her husband.”
He is thought to be the nephew of the former husband of Mrs Sturgeon’s sister-in-law.

Or even both.

Regardless of who the twat is a relative of, burning a £20 note in front of a desperate person is in my view extremely hateful and arrogant.   I could imagine my arrogant nasty brother doing something like that but his character and lack of values are not mine.   Isn't there something about trump's son-in-laws brother being the entire opposite of the flange?

The journo who sought to make a story out of nothing is clearly hoping to get a job with the Scum, the Wail or the Sexpest.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2335 on: 10 February, 2017, 12:45:15 pm »

As with self-driving vehicles, this is the sort of thing that if done right is going to treat cyclists better than a typical human driver who is either incompetent or doesn't give a fuck.

Sadly in some cases both terms apply.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2336 on: 10 February, 2017, 07:07:16 pm »
"Burning a £50 note in front of a tramp" was an apocryphal Bullingdon Club initiation ritual.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2337 on: 10 February, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »
Ann Coulter.

ian

« Reply #2338 on: 10 February, 2017, 08:09:09 pm »
Ann Coulter.

AKA Skeletor or The Coultergeist. She's certified Class A weird. Through some weird congress of events, I met her once outside US senator's office ('nice person,' he said, comprehensively proving that even Republican senators can do irony). She has a Katie Hopkins-like need (supersized for American tastes) to puke up something objectionable every few minutes. Which probably explains why she looks like the Angel of Death's least favourite sister.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2339 on: 10 February, 2017, 08:25:11 pm »
I think she's Mrs Coulter from Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials books  :demon:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #2340 on: 10 February, 2017, 08:31:24 pm »
And Paul Nuttall...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #2341 on: 10 February, 2017, 09:13:49 pm »
I think she's Mrs Coulter from Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials books  :demon:

She makes her seem pleasant. We in the UK have sadly mostly been deprived of Coulter's peculiar form of wisdom, but Katie Hopkins regurgitates the same schtick. I don't know whether these people believe this stuff they come up with or just have a sad, desperate need for attention.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2342 on: 11 February, 2017, 12:05:36 pm »
Rhyming-slang, unhealth secretary.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2343 on: 14 February, 2017, 03:20:43 pm »
I see Piers Morgan, who is a colossal bell end, got into a twitter fight with J K Rowling over Trump's travel ban.  This culminated in Morgan, the colossal bell end, saying "this is why I've never read a single word of Harry Potter"

Fortunately help is at hand, in the shape of Simon Key of The Big Green Bookshop, who is kindly tweeting either the entire works of J K Rowling or one book, reports are unclear, a line at a time. 

I'm doing it because Piers clearly spends all day on Twitter staring at his timeline.

He clearly needs a bit of a break from all the abuse, so as he mentioned that he hasn't read any JK Rowling, rather then having to tear himself away from Twitter to read it, I'd tweet him

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2344 on: 14 February, 2017, 03:27:40 pm »
This is childish and ultimately futile (twitter does have a mute feature), but I like to think that they're going to stop when it gets to one of the exciting bits.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2345 on: 14 February, 2017, 06:44:00 pm »
JKR told PMTCBE to fuck off, which is a bit like your primary school teacher swearing.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2346 on: 14 February, 2017, 08:49:08 pm »
Up to a point, Lord Copper.  She expressed great delight that Aussie comedist Jim Jefferies told Piers "Morgan" Moron, who is a colossal bellend, to fuck off on live TV.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2347 on: 14 February, 2017, 09:52:53 pm »
Up to a point, Lord Copper.  She expressed great delight that Aussie comedist Jim Jefferies told Piers "Morgan" Moron, who is a colossal bellend, to fuck off on live TV.

I believe she expressed it thusly:
Yes, watching Piers Morgan being told to fuck off on live TV is *exactly* as satisfying as I'd always imagined.
She seems to have forgotten to mention that Piers Morgan is a colossal bell end however.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2348 on: 15 February, 2017, 12:40:57 am »
I believe she expressed it thusly:
Yes, watching Piers Morgan being told to fuck off on live TV is *exactly* as satisfying as I'd always imagined.
She seems to have forgotten to mention that Piers Morgan is a colossal bell end however.

Which is strange, as the string ", who is a colossal bellend," fits perfectly in the remaining 28 characters.

« Reply #2349 on: 15 February, 2017, 09:35:58 am »
www.colossalbellend.com redirects to Piers Colossal Bellend Moron's twitter account.

It previously redirected to Michael Fartley's website after he was rumoured to be playing at Trumpton's inauguration.