Author Topic: Akto camping - in the snow!  (Read 27361 times)

Re: Akto camping - in the snow!
« Reply #75 on: 13 April, 2009, 05:43:44 pm »
Just to to complete the thread, here it is, in action:

Just an overnight at North Berwick, but good fun, and good to try out the tent.

I did have one frustrating conversation on the way back, though: a guy on a Look road bike pulled up alongside me and asked where I was from, where I was going, and seemed disappointed when I was just from Edinburgh. I wanted to show him photos of last year, prove I do real tours! Honest!

Looks good. Better for you than the Akto ?   
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #76 on: 13 April, 2009, 08:13:24 pm »
Yes, it was - I went 'inside' quite early, cause it was cold, and just felt more comfortable with more room to move about. Of course, it helped that the weather was better!

« Reply #77 on: 13 April, 2009, 08:20:05 pm »
Does the table and bench fit in a pannier or just strap to the rack ?

Looks a neat outfit - hope you get many uses from it.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #78 on: 14 April, 2009, 09:11:43 am »
We had our Nallo out this weekend at Ross on Wye. :)

Unfortunately, it was the lad who got to sleep in it :(
Getting there...

« Reply #79 on: 15 April, 2009, 12:28:03 pm »
That looks nice :D.

I did have one frustrating conversation on the way back, though: a guy on a Look road bike pulled up alongside me and asked where I was from, where I was going, and seemed disappointed when I was just from Edinburgh. I wanted to show him photos of last year, prove I do real tours! Honest!

I've had that - often on the train on the way back from a weekend. "Wow! Have you been on a long tour?" " :-[ No just a weekend in the cotswolds."
It always looks impressive ;D.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #80 on: 27 May, 2013, 08:00:26 pm »
Slightly off topic.
My Akto is now in the rain & looks extremely "shrivelled" as it did this morning at first light due to overnight rain.
I know well that tent fabric stretches when wet,thus generating the sagging appearance but this looks extreme.The internal clearance at the head & foot is such that the inner tent is almost touching the sleeping bag.
I have shortened the guy lines already but begin to wonder how much more .......
It'll be like a drum if it dries before I subsequently slack off the guy lines.

My other two tents don't sag to the same degree.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #81 on: 27 May, 2013, 08:18:18 pm »
My Akto went quite saggy with the overnight dew/drizzle at the Long Itchington weekend.  It's only done that before when I've pitched in windy conditions that have subsequently died down (so not, I think, a behaviour of the fabric).  I tightened the ropes on returning from the 3am loo visit, and all was well.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #82 on: 27 May, 2013, 10:44:29 pm »
With having a 5 and a half metre long Kaitum tent we have had our fair share of saggy'ness. Going from hot to cold/damp and the other way we have been lucky not to be locked in* because of the nearly 30cm flex in the fabric. If we are pitched for a day we redo the guy lines and straps 3-4 times to keep up with the movement. It has managed to pull out the pegs a few times, even then they in nice solid ground and and the right angle.

*impossible to use the zips when the tent is the tight mode.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #83 on: 28 May, 2013, 07:31:56 pm »

Precepitation has barely ceased for 24hrs.A state of max-sag seems to have been achieved since lunch time today.