Author Topic: Really bad photoshop  (Read 3700 times)

Really bad photoshop
« on: 24 January, 2013, 01:06:50 pm »
I'll kick off with this:

It's supposed to show smoothly-paved areas and ramps. The photoshopper has obviously used the blend tools for a quick result.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

LEE

Re: Really bad photoshop
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2013, 05:27:56 pm »

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2013, 07:36:41 pm »
Can't see anything wrong with that (or the first one for that matter). A little help?

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 24 January, 2013, 07:58:55 pm »
 ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #5 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:10:49 pm »
No, I don't get it either.  Has it got anything to do with the "Pay Nothing Until 2007" sign?
What are we supposed to be looking at?  ???
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #6 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:14:41 pm »
I got it straight away, it's a really bad photo shop!

Anyway, back on track, it always makes me laugh when you see someone look at a photo in a film or on tv. The people they hire to do the PS work obv have no clue, so one person will have the light on them from the left, the other from the right and the background will have the light coming from behind.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #7 on: 24 January, 2013, 08:42:33 pm »
I agree, Rhys. Everyone's being a bit cryptic. I can't see what's wrong with the second one, apart from the appalling punctuation (or lack of).

In the first one, as mc says, they've bodged it and swept out all the detail, including the steps.

« Reply #8 on: 24 January, 2013, 09:12:59 pm »
Thanks, RR.

But wow, that's a really obscure pun.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #9 on: 24 January, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »
OK, pretty good. Wish I hadn't spent four minutes squinting at the window display looking for disembodied limbs or something.  :facepalm:

« Reply #10 on: 25 January, 2013, 08:41:46 am »
Can't see anything wrong with that (or the first one for that matter). A little help?

Several of the pedestrians are hovering in mid air. One seems to have sunk into the 'pavement'.  The road/path is paved with small slabs but where they've drawn the 'ramps' they've just smudged the colour up, wiping out the lines between the slabs.  All shadows have disappeared.

This is supposed to be an architect's drawing of the proposed new entrance to the York Minster. 
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #11 on: 29 January, 2013, 10:11:11 am »
… and in truth one must also consider the amount of time given over to doing the photoshop.

"It's not very good Geoff. I need more time really"

"Doesn't matter Simon, that'll do … nobody'll know!"
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #12 on: 29 January, 2013, 03:44:22 pm »
… and in truth one must also consider the amount of time given over to doing the photoshop.

"It's not very good Geoff. I need more time really"

"Doesn't matter Simon, that'll do … nobody'll know!"

Exactly.

PSer: "I can do it, probably take me 3 days so £600, and you will only be able to tell it isn't real if you look really close."
Client: "Bloody hell! £600! For farting around on a computer? Here's £100, do what you can."
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart