Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3004966 times)

Clan Ham is n+1  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mother and baby doing well, girl, 2.9Kg
\0/  Yay!

fuzzy

Yay and verily Wohoo!
Congratulations :thumbsup:

Many congratulations.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

nicknack

• Hornblower
Jolly good show!
There's no vibrations, but wait.

ian

The modern art of interpretative offence, I'm sorry, isn't something I can agree with.

Ironic?

I wouldn't be worried about triggering a few snowflakes. Noisy outrage is just a distraction and not really the point.

Corporate social media posts don't have to be completely anodyne. But if you want to be provocative, you still have to get the tone right. To me, that bloke comes across sounding more like Alan Partridge or Piers Morgan. Not edgy, just a dick.

Irony, me, no, the Americans beat it out of me.

It was, in essence, a pointless post (but hey, it's LinkedIn).

I've been asked many times over the years to post on behalf of my mothership command to participate in social media. Not a chance. I'd probably offend myself. I am a beautiful snowflake.

Should I have received instructions to complete the census? I don’t remember anything arriving.
A letter telling you to complete it on 21st March. Plenty time yet.

I just did a search, as I've had nothing. Apparently Scotland has moved the census to 2022, whilst the rest of the UK is sticking with 2021!

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Wednesday February 3rd 2010
Today (Thursday March 4th 2021)
Monday April 5th 2032
What comes next? 
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

JStone

• E=112
Monday April 5th 2032
What comes next?

Wednesday 6 May 2043 - when, according to my 'repeats indefinitely' calendar reminder, the cat is due another dose of flea treatment
Néophyte > 2007 > Ancien > 2011 > Récidiviste

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Monday April 5th 2032
What comes next?

Wednesday 6 May 2043 - when, according to my 'repeats indefinitely' calendar reminder, the cat is due another dose of flea treatment

Spot on - although I would be surprised if the cat makes it that long.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Should I have received instructions to complete the census? I don’t remember anything arriving.

I just did a search, as I've had nothing. Apparently Scotland has moved the census to 2022, whilst the rest of the UK is sticking with 2021!
Because a census is a snapshot of the entire country at one particular moment in time!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Beardy

• Shedist
Monday April 5th 2032
What comes next?

Spot on - although I would be surprised if the cat makes it that long.
ISWYDT but our vet prefers Stronghold now as the fleas were reportedly becoming immune to spot on.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter

Ah good, you've looked so I don't have to :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter

Because a census is a snapshot of the entire country at one particular moment in time!

Scotland *is* an entire country. So ner.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
Wow, that PR guy. You would think he would know about that sort of thing, being in PR & all.

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Mazal Tov!

Cudzoziemiec

Scotland *is* an entire country. So ner.
Well yeah. I'm not sure there is an organisation-type category that the UK fits into but Scotland does not. Certainly not nation.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Getting a bit jiggly in NZ today  :-\

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
At least it ent Christchurch again.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
We were censused last year.  Some sort of development practice round it would seem.  The only question they didn't ask was which bollock hung lower.  :hand:
Doesn't get us out of having to do it again this year.  :(

Just received the real thing.  A quick glance through suggests fewer questions than earlier versions,  although I couldn't suggest what was missing.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter

We were censused last year.  Some sort of development practice round it would seem.  The only question they didn't ask was which bollock hung lower.  :hand:

Just received the real thing.  A quick glance through suggests fewer questions than earlier versions,  although I couldn't suggest what was missing.
Just did it online.  Designed in a sub-optimal fashion (wife and three kids, need to indicate familial link from each person to each person, it can’t work out that if child A is sibling of child B then child B is sibling of child A ...).
Got to all be European, but on a factual as opposed to protest vote basis.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
At least it ent Christchurch again.

Crivvens!  A Canadian tsunami!  Eh.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

They sent you a printed version? Curiouser and curiouser.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
We got the printed version for $house_number $other_road, which I diligently delivered to the correct address.  If someone's got ours, they haven't reciprocated.  Is there a way to do it on the interweb?

ETA: Ah, found a thingy to make them send a new access code.