Author Topic: Dick Turpin's Day Out 200km Permanent on Saturday 23rd January  (Read 15996 times)

Re: Dick Turpin's Day Out 200km Permanent on Saturday 23rd January
« Reply #100 on: 29 January, 2016, 04:01:58 pm »
That is the singularly worst photo of me I have ever seen Tom. Audax, the great leveller!

« Reply #101 on: 29 January, 2016, 04:05:03 pm »
3 beers at the Angel and Harp finished me off. I suspect that Jibberjabber will never let me in his car again and he is probably planning a bank robbery after I spent the hole way home telling him and poor Mrs Jibber about how things work at my office!!

Gawd, I have not felt like that after a ride for some time....not even after PBP

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #102 on: 29 January, 2016, 04:32:28 pm »
That is the singularly worst photo of me I have ever seen Tom. Audax, the great leveller!

Captain Mainwaring I presume?

« Reply #103 on: 29 January, 2016, 04:54:05 pm »
Oh yes, and THREE Kinesis tripsters on one ride?!

And all riding in a small Kinesis Ti-only group on one leg!

I was absolutely shattered by that point and only up to short turns on the front - was it you doing most of the hard work Alotronic? Thank you if so!

My new Sector 28s went on today. Hopefully the increase in efficiency will make things easier compared to knobbly 35mm tires which cost £12 for the pair :-)

« Reply #104 on: 29 January, 2016, 05:25:25 pm »
Oh yes, and THREE Kinesis tripsters on one ride?!

And all riding in a small Kinesis Ti-only group on one leg!

I was absolutely shattered by that point and only up to short turns on the front - was it you doing most of the hard work Alotronic? Thank you if so!

And I was the other in that 3 up Tripster group!  :)

I must apologise for not taking many any turns on the front, but I was absolutely desperate for a piss at that point! I was keeping an eye out for a hedge, but every time I saw one I kept thinking about the miles we were munching at that speed and just hung on!

Eventually my bladder could hold on no longer and I had to pull over for a very satisfying and long wee ;D
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #105 on: 29 January, 2016, 05:48:09 pm »
That's not like you Bobb.  You are normally so strong of bladder  :o

Anyway, what about team Genesis.  5 bikes out, 2 on fixed   :thumbsup:
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways