Author Topic: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!  (Read 570921 times)

Re: Gratuitous cat pics - new and improved!
« Reply #1200 on: 17 May, 2011, 12:11:41 am »
She wouldn't hold still ;D

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1201 on: 17 May, 2011, 07:31:26 am »

cat thinks: We are not amused.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1202 on: 17 May, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1203 on: 17 May, 2011, 12:59:48 pm »
awwh!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1204 on: 28 May, 2011, 12:17:49 am »
Some Frankie videos for you :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JmyB5op9dYg&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/JmyB5op9dYg&rel=1</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vzt3T5U33oU&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/vzt3T5U33oU&rel=1</a> // Anyone know what kind of birds they are? Really quite bulchy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Em2rIQCz9Ws&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Em2rIQCz9Ws&rel=1</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gPbTHVOAgH4&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/gPbTHVOAgH4&rel=1</a>
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1205 on: 28 May, 2011, 12:23:20 am »
eep they are magpies!

Frankie is gorgeous!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1206 on: 28 May, 2011, 12:39:03 am »
They be teasing Frankie and banging on the wood why? They come close staring at him, peck at the wood, jump back then forwards twice peck and sqwark and then back again.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1207 on: 28 May, 2011, 12:46:51 am »
They be teasing Frankie and banging on the wood why? They come close staring at him, peck at the wood, jump back then forwards twice peck and sqwark and then back again.

They are bastids  >:(
Magpies can't even be arsed to make their own nests, they steal them off other birds, kill their young and throw their eggs out of their nests. I hate magpies  >:(

« Reply #1208 on: 28 May, 2011, 12:55:55 am »
They be teasing Frankie and banging on the wood why? ...

Because they're stupid? ... or maybe they realise he's a kitten and not much of a threat yet.

Any bird that got that close to Talisker, would be breakfast. :-\
Actually, it is rocket science.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1209 on: 28 May, 2011, 01:37:23 am »
I've not been able to contribute so far because I have a singularly unphotogenic kitteh.  She was feeling more co-operative than usual today. 

D'awwww

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #1210 on: 28 May, 2011, 09:20:09 am »
Magpies can't even be arsed to make their own nests, they steal them off other birds, kill their young and throw their eggs out of their nests. I hate magpies  >:(

Rubbish.

Most magpies live off carrion, most of the time. Roadkill is why we see so many more than we used to.
They make their own nests as often as they 'steal'.
Yes, they eat fledglings sometimes, but on the scale of their diet as a whole, it's insignificant.

« Reply #1211 on: 28 May, 2011, 09:26:10 am »

Rubbish.

Most magpies live off carrion, most of the time. Roadkill is why we see so many more than we used to.
Yes, they eat fledglings sometimes, but on the scale of their diet as a whole, it's insignificant.

Not to the parents of the young it isn't insignificant. It wasn't insignificant to me to see the death of the baby birds I had been carefully watching hatch and be raised in my garden as I was growing up either. Magpies are vermin, and any injured specimen brought in to me takes an instant trip to 'devon'.

« Reply #1212 on: 28 May, 2011, 09:41:19 am »

Rubbish.

Not to the parents of the young it isn't insignificant. It wasn't insignificant to me to see the death of the baby birds I had been carefully watching hatch and be raised in my garden as I was growing up either. Magpies are vermin, and any injured specimen brought in to me takes an instant trip to 'devon'.

Are cats vermin then too?

Puh-leese

« Reply #1213 on: 28 May, 2011, 09:51:11 am »

Rubbish.

Are cats vermin then too?

Puh-leese

You're entitled to hold a different opinion on magpies, you won't change mine though. (Plus I won't tell you you're speaking rubbish even if you are ;) )

border-rider

« Reply #1214 on: 29 May, 2011, 07:53:10 pm »
They just discussed this on Countryfile

It seems that just about every organisation (including the RSPB) except the BSSC accepts that the primary impact on songbirds is habitat destruction and that magpies are not really a significant factor at all.

« Reply #1215 on: 29 May, 2011, 08:04:26 pm »
Its a weird one. Last year in my dad's garden magpies took every single chick from the nests of all the other birds. It's never happened before though and my dad shot the offending pair of birds and this year there has been no repeat.so perhaps it is not a problem of magpies as a whole but just that some magpies get into the habit of it.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1216 on: 01 June, 2011, 07:14:43 pm »
So this little lady has come to share take over our home.  She's from Battersea, came in as a stray a couple of weeks ago.  Been aged at between 3 and 5 years old, probably at the lower end of that scale.  She's a really tiny cat whatever age she might be.

Very confident and affectionate so far.  Rubs herself up on you a lot, comes onto the sofa if you're sat there etc.  Not overly keen on being picked up, but who is?

We collected her today, and she seems to be settling in quite nicely.  We've let her be for a while, just in the front living room.  She's had an explore and so on around. 

She seems like a really lovely cat.

New cat - Lady Chilli Pepper by marcus_jb1973, on Flickr
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1217 on: 01 June, 2011, 07:31:56 pm »
She's gorgeous!  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #1218 on: 01 June, 2011, 08:06:43 pm »
Congrats on the new arrival Marcus, she does look very chilled out already. I'm sure she is delighted with her new human pets  :thumbsup:

border-rider

« Reply #1219 on: 01 June, 2011, 11:14:16 pm »
Monmouth Household Waste Site's Rodent Control Officer:

Not dead, just rolling in the sun :)

She's quite elderly; turned up a few months ago and they've made her a little house, and they feed her.  Lovely cat :)

border-rider

« Reply #1220 on: 01 June, 2011, 11:16:10 pm »
So this little lady has come to share take over our home. 

That's a lovely cat :)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1221 on: 06 June, 2011, 11:10:30 pm »
Mojo

« Reply #1222 on: 07 June, 2011, 03:31:28 am »
Ah Mojo looks very cute!
My cats likes to chase your Pingu .gif across the screen btw  :D

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1223 on: 07 June, 2011, 12:23:51 pm »
I feel I ought to point out the bottom picture was not taken at home and therefore that is not my carpet.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1224 on: 07 June, 2011, 10:55:05 pm »
Waiting...