Author Topic: Making Cat Food  (Read 1348 times)

Making Cat Food
« on: 30 May, 2015, 08:13:27 am »
I'm contemplating making cat food. Not for the same reasons as all those BARF-ers out there or any of the normal cat-centric reasons. It's because cat food stinks, and Mrs Ham detests it - I only dislike it. (and yes I know dry food doesn't but I can't see that is a brilliant option on its own)

So, I figger I can make something better, and whatever I use isn't going to cost more than we can afford.

Any others out there doing it?

A quick gewgal will show that the overwhelming majority are into it for the sole benefit of their pets. I'm not, I reckon there might be a lot wrong with commercial food, but it is good enough for millions upon millions.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: Making Cat Food
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2015, 04:05:46 pm »
I don't make cat food, but I do feed Pete a mixture of commercial wet and dry food, and some raw meat - muscle meat, offal, and muscle with bone eg chicken pieces.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2015, 10:16:23 pm »
Cats can't synthesize taurine.  I know approximately nothing about the taurine composition of potential foods, which means you need a better knowledge of the subject than me to not put your cat's health at risk...

« Reply #3 on: 30 May, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »
There's a lot of information out there on pet nutrition, many people seem to be slightly....obsessive? about it, but I might just see how she gets on with a can of Red Bull just for the heck of it.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #4 on: 31 May, 2015, 10:46:02 am »
Not if you value your curtains.
There's no vibrations, but wait.