Author Topic: Petworth 2019 End of Summer Time 50, 100 and 200k Rides  (Read 4929 times)

AJB

Re: Petworth 2019 End of Summer Time 50, 100 and 200k Rides
« Reply #25 on: 21 October, 2019, 05:22:10 pm »
Entries have now closed for the 100 and 200, but will consider On the line entries for the 50 if notified before of intent by Friday October 25th.

Emails have been sent to all riders on the 50, 100 and 200 containing amended Welcome Letters, Routesheets, and GPS Tracks. I have also updated the AUK Entry pages with this latest data.

If the Petworth carpark on entering appears to be full, there is an overflow at the back.

Also remember to get your free ticket from the carpark machine on arrival.

Since this is the largest group of 100 & 200 riders to have ever entered any of my events there may be a staggered start to prevent congestion on Petworth's narrow High Street and the A283.

Finally, since I need to get to the hall quickly to get set up before the 100s make their initial visit, I will not be hanging around at the start. If you will be late please advise me directly.

Anton

Martin

« Reply #26 on: 27 October, 2019, 08:30:49 pm »
Excellent ride! a familiar area for me but some unusual lanes on the 200 I've not ridden before. Thanks Anton for levelling off Duncton Hill on the last leg I was expecting it to be 60m higher! I will probably need a stair lift on Harting soon!

Excellent food at the HQ which hit the spot!

Thanks Anton Shirley El S Mad Jack Lurcio and Phixie  :thumbsup:

« Reply #27 on: 27 October, 2019, 10:29:52 pm »
I can only agree with Martin about today's ride.

It would have been an excellent route, but someone put a big climb at 160k/100 miles. Anton is no longer on my Christmas card list!

Thanks to Anton, Richard, Chris, Andy and Dave. Honourable mention to Shirley for the hot food and delicious, homemade cakes

« Reply #28 on: 28 October, 2019, 09:49:33 am »
First one in a very long time for me!! Only did the 100k but all those hills more than made up for it 😊

Great day for riding, good route, brilliant food at the controls, the home made cakes were amazing.

Thanks so much Anton and all the helpers for a great day out, ages since I had el Supremo’s catering and Richard’s stamping!!

Will hopefully be back for the 200 version in March 😊😊 I intend that ride to be the start of my post baby comeback for me.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #29 on: 28 October, 2019, 01:00:13 pm »
I can only echo all the thanks and praise expressed above.
I also had a good ride, and it was nice to see lots of other riders around, after all the Helpers Rides I have been doing recently.
A good introduction to post-summertime 200km riding, fairly easy to get ahead of the time limits - until I reached Harting in the gloom, and the undulations of the last 11 miles or so.
Even so I was back faster than I expected,  :) though I was the penultimate finisher.
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Martin

« Reply #30 on: 28 October, 2019, 08:28:11 pm »
First one in a very long time for me!! Only did the 100k but all those hills more than made up for it 😊

yes; looked at the route couldn't work out quite which climbs it did up the S Downs but we only had one MF on the 200, Harting (and then it was the easiest of the 3 that go up there from the North). The last climb up to Duncton was very shallow by comparison and made better by not being able to see it in the dark!

« Reply #31 on: 29 October, 2019, 09:11:59 am »
Hi,

Many thanks to Anton and crew of good organisation and tasty food at checkpoint, my first UK Audax was very impressive.
Robertas
Lithuania Audax Representative

AJB

« Reply #32 on: 29 October, 2019, 12:58:46 pm »
Excellent ride! a familiar area for me but some unusual lanes on the 200 I've not ridden before. Thanks Anton for levelling off Duncton Hill on the last leg I was expecting it to be 60m higher! I will probably need a stair lift on Harting soon!

Excellent food at the HQ which hit the spot!

Thanks Anton Shirley El S Mad Jack Lurcio and Phixie  :thumbsup:

Martin glad you enjoyed the ride. Re: Harting Hill Sorry I cannot provide a stair lift and remember for next years resurrection of the Sussex Midsummer Corker the climb is via Hill Lane

Anton

AJB

« Reply #33 on: 29 October, 2019, 01:03:26 pm »
I can only agree with Martin about today's ride.

It would have been an excellent route, but someone put a big climb at 160k/100 miles. Anton is no longer on my Christmas card list!

Thanks to Anton, Richard, Chris, Andy and Dave. Honourable mention to Shirley for the hot food and delicious, homemade cakes

Sorry about Harting Hill and then long drag from Chichester to eventually get over Duncton Hill. I'm thinking of changing the order of the rides two loops, but need to sort out some details first.

If I managed to get these hills out of the way earlier will I be back on your Christmas card list?

Anton

AJB

« Reply #34 on: 29 October, 2019, 01:07:43 pm »
First one in a very long time for me!! Only did the 100k but all those hills more than made up for it

Great day for riding, good route, brilliant food at the controls, the home made cakes were amazing.

Thanks so much Anton and all the helpers for a great day out, ages since I had el Supremo’s catering and Richard’s stamping

Will hopefully be back for the 200 version in March  I intend that ride to be the start of my post baby comeback for me.

Glad you enjoyed the ride and my wife's homemade cakes.

Hopefully see you on the 200 in March 2020

Anton

AJB

« Reply #35 on: 29 October, 2019, 01:12:11 pm »
I can only echo all the thanks and praise expressed above.
I also had a good ride, and it was nice to see lots of other riders around, after all the Helpers Rides I have been doing recently.
A good introduction to post-summertime 200km riding, fairly easy to get ahead of the time limits - until I reached Harting in the gloom, and the undulations of the last 11 miles or so.
Even so I was back faster than I expected,  :) though I was the penultimate finisher.

Glad you enjoyed the ride.

I've already mentioned I intend looking at switching around the loops of this ride to get Harting and Dunction out of the way earlier.

Anton

AJB

« Reply #36 on: 29 October, 2019, 01:13:43 pm »
Hi,

Many thanks to Anton and crew of good organisation and tasty food at checkpoint, my first UK Audax was very impressive.

Glad you enjoyed the ride and the organisation at the hall.

Safe journey back home to Lithuania

Anton

AJB

« Reply #37 on: 29 October, 2019, 01:20:00 pm »
All,

Just to say many thanks for all the emails I've received thanking me and my teams for laying on a successful set of rides.

My wife is very happy with the praise for her homemade cakes.

For those who entered one of these rides (including DNS and DNF) you should have received an email from me with some stats and the following thanks

My Thanks to:

Dave ‘El Supremo’ Hudson for providing Tea and Coffee both at the start and in the Hampers Green Community Centre.

Chris Tracey / Andy Seviour for manning the Shoreham Control on the 200 and then joining the rest of the team to help in the hall.

Richard Phipps for route checking the 100 before the event and card stamping at the hall, plus final validations.

My wife Shirley for all the catering and hard work both before and after the event, plus in the hall kitchen on the day.

Anton