Author Topic: Vicky Pendleton...oh my  (Read 94434 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Vicky Pendleton...oh my
« Reply #125 on: 03 September, 2008, 03:42:49 pm »
But are you her Facebook Friend?

That kind of behaviour can be dubious.  My friend Mr Sunshine plays in a band.  Amog the Luckyband's friends on FaceSpace, or Mybo, or something, may be counted Jarvis Cocker.

This is cool.

But they have also attracted the attention of The Anti-Christ, a.k.a. Russell Brand.

This is the opposite.
Cute song:
You're no one if You're Not on Twitter
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #127 on: 28 October, 2008, 08:49:52 am »
Part of me wants to give her a hug... and part of me thinks, if crushing insecurity is what gets you to perform at world class, then go for it. 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Dave

« Reply #128 on: 28 October, 2008, 08:54:42 am »
She's bloody ace, isn't she?

"And what other sport has to deal with the attitude we get as cyclists on the road? I certainly haven't noticed any sudden courtesy to cyclists in the wake of us being the most successful British team in the Olympics. I cycle to the velodrome most days and I have one narrow escape for every hour on the road. I just think, 'Holy shit, I could die on my bike out here.'

"To a cyclist, these bloody motorists might as well be running around with a loaded gun. When you have that sort of attitude towards cyclists how are we going to move our sport into the mainstream?"

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #129 on: 28 October, 2008, 09:45:33 am »

"And what other sport has to deal with the attitude we get as cyclists on the road? I certainly haven't noticed any sudden courtesy to cyclists in the wake of us being the most successful British team in the Olympics. I cycle to the velodrome most days and I have one narrow escape for every hour on the road. I just think, 'Holy shit, I could die on my bike out here.'

"To a cyclist, these bloody motorists might as well be running around with a loaded gun. When you have that sort of attitude towards cyclists how are we going to move our sport into the mainstream?"

Eloquent, intelligent, attractive, and pulls out the performances when it matters.

Definitely needs more mainstream media attention.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #130 on: 28 October, 2008, 10:09:37 am »
part of me thinks, if crushing insecurity is what gets you to perform at world class, then go for it. 

I think the GB cycling team employ a psychologist to help the athletes cope with the mental stresses of competing at that level. I think it's a bloody excellent idea, and wonder if any of our other athletes in other disciplines get this kind of support? Perhaps it's part of the reason GB cycling is so dominant right now...

« Reply #131 on: 28 October, 2008, 10:23:42 am »
Part of me wants to give her a hug... and part of me thinks, if crushing insecurity is what gets you to perform at world class, then go for it. 

All of me wants to give her more than a hug!

I can't help but feel (especially after some other recent interviews) that she's trying really hard not to come across as arrogant (which is fair enough). I doubt she's as insecure as the article implies....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #132 on: 28 October, 2008, 10:31:02 am »
Without wanting to get into the 'phwooarr' end of things, I'd have to say that's a great picture - VP as a woman, rather than a dolly-bird.
Getting there...

Dave

« Reply #134 on: 28 October, 2008, 02:17:37 pm »
Does anyone else wish the bike was in focus as well?

No? Oh. Carry on.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #135 on: 28 October, 2008, 02:19:30 pm »
Bike?
Getting there...

LEE

« Reply #136 on: 28 October, 2008, 05:16:57 pm »
Does anyone else wish the bike was in focus as well?

It is in focus.

Turns out it was true what your mum said about it damaging your eyesight.

microphonie

• Tyke 2
« Reply #137 on: 28 October, 2008, 06:11:47 pm »
part of me thinks, if crushing insecurity is what gets you to perform at world class, then go for it. 

I think the GB cycling team employ a psychologist to help the athletes cope with the mental stresses of competing at that level. I think it's a bloody excellent idea, and wonder if any of our other athletes in other disciplines get this kind of support? Perhaps it's part of the reason GB cycling is so dominant right now...

The psychologist was interviewed on BBC at the world champs & he said he does help some of the other sports but I can't remember which for sure - possibly the rowers...
Bingo! That's what I am, a saviour.
A sort of cocky version of Jesus.

« Reply #138 on: 28 October, 2008, 06:25:30 pm »

He is Steve Peters - also works with some other sports. Used to work in secure hospitals I think. He has made a huge difference to some riders. Confidence and self-belief is as important as fitness, and BC work on the basis of "no stone left unturned".

« Reply #139 on: 29 October, 2008, 09:00:12 pm »
Don't think this has been posted and I'm sure some people will have seen it - Vicky interviewed on BBC

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #140 on: 31 October, 2008, 03:26:39 pm »
Modelling the kit for the Sky HD team...

a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #141 on: 31 October, 2008, 04:21:40 pm »
Stock up on VP material with this week's Cycling Weakly. Pages 8, 16 and the back cover.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #142 on: 31 October, 2008, 04:29:14 pm »
Modelling the kit for the Sky HD team...

That's not really doing it for me.

« Reply #143 on: 31 October, 2008, 04:34:58 pm »

I do like the fact that she actually cycles to the Velodrome, and it's not a case of driving there, and only cycling when she absolutely has to.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #144 on: 31 October, 2008, 04:43:50 pm »
She looks rather fetching in this pic on from The Comic....

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #145 on: 02 November, 2008, 01:31:04 pm »
Was at the World Cup on Fri & Sat - I've seen the guy with the ultimate job ....he stands with his arm round Vicky, holding her backside on the bike ready for the explosive start ......  I understand the amount he has to pay each week is well into four figures  ;D ;D

Rob

alan

« Reply #147 on: 02 November, 2008, 11:31:43 pm »
She has some competition from Elizabeth Armistead in terms of ability,appearance & personality :D

« Reply #148 on: 02 November, 2008, 11:32:52 pm »
I find Lizzie Armitstead (centre) far prettier than VP:

When was the last time the podium at a major event was filled by British girls? (I'm old, and I can't remember)
And all lovely to boot. Marvellous  :thumbsup:

Edit: Alan beat me to it.
Working my way up to inferior.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #149 on: 03 November, 2008, 06:31:26 am »
Gosh!
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.