Author Topic: Aiframe folder for....  (Read 1885 times)

Aiframe folder for....
« on: 20 August, 2011, 11:22:30 am »
... 80 quid at Bike Station, Edinburgh:

I thought about buying it for a laugh. Quite light, but the bars seem to flex a lot just from grabbing them. I can't imagine it's very stiff.

A bargain or cheap because it's shit?

It was in good nick and had a 4 speed Shimano hub gear
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
Re: Aiframe folder for....
« Reply #1 on: 20 August, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
There was also a Claud Butler for £280.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2011, 02:36:39 pm »
I don't know that particular model, but small bikes are always fun to ride, and you'll find a use for the foldability.  For eighty quid, who cares if it's flexy?
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2011, 02:40:40 pm »
I've done a bit of research and apparently they are a bit bendy and don't fold particularly small, but otherwise seem OK. It would be useful to have storable bike at my Edinburgh residence, but if it's to be a folder it has to be a Brommie so I could enter the BWC! I appreciate I wouldn't get one for 80 quid though...
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2011, 09:23:46 pm »
I've done a bit of research and apparently they are a bit bendy and don't fold particularly small, but otherwise seem OK. It would be useful to have storable bike at my Edinburgh residence, but if it's to be a folder it has to be a Brommie so I could enter the BWC! I appreciate I wouldn't get one for 80 quid though...

No you wouldn't, MFWHTBAB has given up in despair until he's saved a bit more...

We had an Airframe in the Company of Cyclists fleet, I remember it as nice to ride, but a devil to fold - you had to remember something ccritical about the pedal position. Just once, we had to take a pedal off to unfold it, after someone (possibly me) got the fold wrong....  <ooops>
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk