Author Topic: ToB Stage 5: Exeter to Exmouth  (Read 1112 times)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
ToB Stage 5: Exeter to Exmouth
« on: 13 September, 2011, 02:59:54 pm »
Me and Mrs V are thinking of riding out to see this at Silverton, which is about as near as it gets

Re: ToB Stage 5: Exeter to Exmouth
« Reply #1 on: 13 September, 2011, 08:03:11 pm »
Me and Mrs Unipaul and unipaul jnr (granted a day off school) will be heading out to Crockernwell and then Whiddon Down to catch them twice. The first is solely because it is a bit of a drag of a hill so we'll have a chance of it not being a "whoosh - bye" thing. The second is cos that'll be on the way home...

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #2 on: 13 September, 2011, 08:21:26 pm »
I'm gonna hare round and try to catch the start, some of the moor, my home pass, and the finish.  Have cowbell, will travel. :thumbsup:
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #3 on: 15 September, 2011, 07:14:21 pm »
Bloody hell that sprint finish was fast. :o
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #4 on: 15 September, 2011, 07:21:05 pm »
That was kinda cool. Crockerwell saw a break trying to go on the hill (which apparently lasted only 4 miles) and Whiddon Down, being a feed station meant that we could get swag. Unitedheathcare musette and bottle - youngster is very happy with this!

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #5 on: 15 September, 2011, 07:28:42 pm »
 :'( I HAVE NO SWAG  :'(

We also caught the start - Garmin and Raleigh gofers ordering a terrifying number of coffees from Costa.  I have a picture of about one-third of Thor's back. 

And we missed Hay Tor, for which I am gutted.

How can you tell the fans from the riders? The fan team strip is snug around that cute little belly.  ;)

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2011, 11:12:53 am »
Near Silverton.  NB: loverly weather.