Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 11:42:19 am »
The origin of the word banlieue. It's a lieue or place that was extended beyond the city boundaries, by ban or edict. Yes, obvs really, but I'd never thought about it till reading a claim that it was a place to which people were sent when banned from society, which sounded a bit iffy.

There where dwelleth darkness, lit only by the odd Molotov cocktail, burning car or searchlight with police helicopter attached.

Yes, that’s Edmonton in a nutshell.
The rest of Alberta's full of BEARS!
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 11:41:00 am »
The origin of the word banlieue. It's a lieue or place that was extended beyond the city boundaries, by ban or edict. Yes, obvs really, but I'd never thought about it till reading a claim that it was a place to which people were sent when banned from society, which sounded a bit iffy.

There where dwelleth darkness, lit only by the odd Molotov cocktail, burning car or searchlight with police helicopter attached.

Yes, that’s Edmonton in a nutshell.
Grow Your Own / Re: Beekeeping?
« Last post by Woofage on Today at 11:39:09 am »
That'll be fine, I'm sure. The bees will fill any gaps ;). Credit to Thorne for swapping it out.

I've assembled several "seconds" quality boxes to save money and they've all gone together fine, even if they sometimes need a bit more persuasion than the "first" quality versions. Thorne often has time-limited sales of these, but C Wynne Jones (and others) have them in stock at other times.
The pelican runs on sugar!
Miguel is one of the fastest cutters in his team - or pelotón - recognised by his bosses as among the most efficient in the country.

The sugar fields were where Fidel's bunch practised re-education.  Trabajo hace libertad or some such.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:15:34 am »
'Ear, 'ear!  Speaking of which, maybe that electric nose-picker thing would fit a lughole...
Further and Faster / Re: New bike for Audax from Halfords.
« Last post by Blodwyn Pig on Today at 11:14:48 am »
I did experiment with 650b on Olive, but used GB Hetres tyres, 42mm, and they were superb, very light weight, supple and fast, BUT, they are very spendy, and not really suited to our flint strewn roads, as they are not that P* proof. Defo more comfy tho.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:13:08 am »

Further and Faster / Re: Tyre pressures
« Last post by Paul H on Today at 11:10:19 am »
I had a look at the silca website. I'm really surprised how low I should run my tyre pressures.
As you say, I have too much difference. 32 and 33.5 psi is recommended.
That does seem low, though of course it depends on weight. 
I use a different app, with less criteria, and that gives me a 20% higher recommendation than the Silca one.  The higher recommendation  works well for me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.jakuborlowski.biketirepressurecalculator&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by T42 on Today at 11:02:39 am »
Toddled to next village to pick up my usual meds, MrsT sez oh, get me multivitamins with iron, would you so I do. Forty-two fucking euros!  Get home, she looks: only 30% of RDA Fe and "I can get 6 months' worth for 20€ on Amazon".  Words about buying supplements on Amazon, but she's been getting them since scams were invented and she's still OK.  "Why not get them there again, then?"   Deponent sayeth not.
Further and Faster / Re: Tyre pressures
« Last post by toontra on Today at 11:02:32 am »
Whatever I reckon the lowest I can get away with whilst preventing a pinch flat from hitting a nasty pothole.  I judge this by pinching/pressing with fingers.  It will vary with tyre size and type.

I don't actually use the gauge on the floor pumps - I'm never sure exactly how accurate they are and out on the road you're guessing anyway.  Not very scientific I know but is based on intuition and experience.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10