Random Musings > Phototalk

Old Lenses

(1/2) > >>

pcolbeck:
As opposed to old cameras.

First shots with a Vivitar 200mm F3.5 prime on a M4/3 adaptor this morning.
Blimey this ones a keeper. I need to stop down for more depth of field (these were F8) but you get the idea.
These were shot through the window so not as clear as could be and its raining.

andrew_s:
I've got a Canon FD 300/4 L that's waiting for me to get a suitable mirrorless body.

It didn't get sold because the market for manual focus lenses after autofocus wasn't good, and at the time I was using it with a 10mm eyepiece adapter as a 30x75 spotting scope. It's no good on a DSLR because FD was the shortest lens to film register about, and any mount adapter would need negative thickness.

drossall:
I have my father-in-law's Pentax K-mount 400mm manual lens. Works fine on DSLRs, though I need to practice more.

CrazyEnglishTriathlete:
Have been looking at telephoto lenses as am not happy with my budget Nikon 70 -300 DX AF-S VR 4.5 - 5.6.  Have decided to revert to my Tamron 500m f8 mirror lens bought back in December 1985 and still going strong.  It was used to good effective at the London Olympics as the sort barrel didn't attract attention, and made it into the one Cricket World Cup match I got to last summer for much the same reason.

pcolbeck:
I have had a lock down eBay spree. Buying old lenes dirt cheap. Most under £20.

So far the one I like best is a Sigma Mini Wide 28mm F2.8. This works really well on a micro 4/3rds. Like a nifty 50 on a full frame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version