Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208993 times)

ian

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1400 on: 09 January, 2020, 12:26:38 pm »
LMC now habitually tries to wake me in the morning while my wife is in the shower. The downside of this is that it's not yet 6am. If she can't find a bit of exposed flesh to poke with her paw she'll start a noisy fight with the edge of the quilt.

This morning, as a bonus, the edge of the quilt was sharing space with my forearm. There was blood and unfortunately, it was mine.

Now Bad Cat has puked all over my sofa. And the bed. Our cleaner disturbed me more with the I think your cat has pooed on the bed. It says something of pet ownership to be relieved it's just vomit soaking into your bedsheets and sofa.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1401 on: 09 January, 2020, 02:09:18 pm »
Big Tom is resting on a doormat.

I saw him sitting on the grand piano earlier and (mistakenly?) reported this to D who is Not Pleased and threatening to kill him...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1402 on: 09 January, 2020, 02:17:47 pm »
Dog Major's puking again. We got new dog-food on 27th December and he was fine with it for a solid week, now he's not & MrsT with her own ineffable logic blames the food.  His brother's eating the same stuff and he's fine, but she still wants to spend 60-odd € for different stuff on the off-chance he won't honk it all up. :(
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1403 on: 09 January, 2020, 03:07:06 pm »
€60 is probably cheaper than a vet's bill? And he'll need food at some stage so it's not money thrown away surely?

ian

« Reply #1404 on: 09 January, 2020, 03:23:46 pm »
Then Bad Cat continued her theme of using the litter tray in the hallway by dropping a stink bomb just as I buttered my toast.

Working from home isn't all it's cracked up to be.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1405 on: 09 January, 2020, 03:57:58 pm »
€60 is probably cheaper than a vet's bill? And he'll need food at some stage so it's not money thrown away surely?

We're insured for the vet. Lab Minor could eat it if it makes Major throw up.  So far he's OK on mince & rice with an egg in it, but preparing that twice a day would be pricey.

« Reply #1406 on: 09 January, 2020, 11:05:02 pm »
Carrying a big stick!

]

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1407 on: 10 January, 2020, 09:50:34 am »
 :thumbsup: Lovely dog. Looks a bit goofy.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1408 on: 10 January, 2020, 05:16:40 pm »
The vet just told me that Lab Major had a malignant tumour on his spleen, so he took the whole spleen out. The incision was from pubis to sternum, so we're in for a jolly couple of weeks trying to keep his brother from licking it; and then we'll wait to see if there are metastases.

Poor old dog. This was him a few years ago, feeling a bit dozy:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1409 on: 10 January, 2020, 05:40:40 pm »
Aw, hope he heals well
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1410 on: 10 January, 2020, 05:59:49 pm »
Wishing a speedy recovery to Lab Major

simonp

« Reply #1411 on: 14 January, 2020, 01:04:46 am »
Rory is sleeping off 3 nights stuck up a vertical tree by the reservoir. Missing since at least Friday. I went out tonight with a big light (PBP light) and found him several metres up after checking about 50 trees. After failing to get him down ourselves Feline found a late night tree surgeon. The cat went higher. You can run but you can’t hide.

Good job I didn’t give up on him. The weather has been awful.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1412 on: 14 January, 2020, 02:30:15 pm »
Aw, silly cat.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

simonp

« Reply #1413 on: 14 January, 2020, 03:44:57 pm »
Aw, silly cat.

Floofy soft in the head cat that likes to explore. Most likely chased up there by a dog given the location, lots of dog walkers down there. The noise he made while being carried down from the tree, which he'd climbed nearly to the top of to avoid capture, was utterly demented.

He got himself stuck on top of a roof one summer (last year or the year before) and was up there all day. Neighbour came round and said "I've seen your cat on Facebook".

Had to be rescued through a roof light, once access could be gained, as he could not be coaxed to come to the edge of the roof.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1414 on: 14 January, 2020, 04:00:13 pm »
Our cats have fortunately not climbed anywhere beyond their ability to descend, and, given their weight, are unlikely so to do in the future. Big Tom has always been big and Blackie's getting fat. Last year, she was happily running over the top of the outhouses.

The magnetic catch on our cat flap no longer works, despite D's fettling efforts. Big Tom usually sits on the doormat just inside the kitchen door but Brendan has been blowing it open and it's now become too draughty, even for him. Blackie has retreated to the drawing room, to stay out of the wind.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1415 on: 14 January, 2020, 04:10:02 pm »
Thanks for the good wishes for Lab Major, aka Raz, short for Erasmus.  They seem to be working, for he's coming out of it remarkably well so far.  We now have to stop him getting too frisky or he might pop his staples.

ian

« Reply #1416 on: 14 January, 2020, 06:37:26 pm »
Bad Cat likes to climb the fir trees out the front and sit in the branches. She seems to manage a controlled fall/descent. Apparently there's only one kind of cat that can climb down headfirst (a margay), all other cats must reverse down or wait for the fire brigade or other fine-spirited bearers of suitably long ladders.

Our last cat, Lamb Chop, once opted to find her way onto the school outbuilding roof that adjoined our property. Which meant she sat outside our bedroom window all weekend wailing (rather than simply retrace her steps, she didn't parachute in) until the school opened and we could get her back. They really don't want you breaking into a school these days, trust me, we tried.

« Reply #1417 on: 15 January, 2020, 11:33:12 am »
When I was a kid we inherited Grandads pub cat. He didn't like going out through the bar so had got into the habit of leaving though a first floor window and 'running' down the wall to the pavement. He still kept that up when he was moved in with us.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1418 on: 15 January, 2020, 03:00:11 pm »
Waiting in a rescue centre somewhere for us to be ready for them...  ;)
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1419 on: 15 January, 2020, 03:34:23 pm »
When I was a kid we inherited Grandads pub cat. He didn't like going out through the bar so had got into the habit of leaving though a first floor window and 'running' down the wall to the pavement. He still kept that up when he was moved in with us.

We once had an Alsatian that was in the habit of jumping out of my son's bedroom window. Then we moved from a bungalow to a 2-storey house. Fortunately there was large clump of grass growing through the patio.

« Reply #1420 on: 15 January, 2020, 05:14:48 pm »
Waiting in a rescue centre somewhere for us to be ready for them...  ;)

Excellent WoW !

The kennels where I take Tilly is 50% boarding and 50% Romanian rescue dog rehab, I keep wanting to bring an extra dog home with me when I collect Tilly after she has stayed.
Some lovely dogs, one climbed the 6 foot chain-link fence and followed my to the car a couple of month ago. Probably a bit too far for you to come and look at them though.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1421 on: 18 January, 2020, 09:52:20 am »
The dog next door - we called him Willis because he was always barking - used to climb their 2-metre fence too. It was painful to watch.

Meanwhile, Lab Major had a quick vet visit this morning and is healing well. He's as happy as Larry (NOTP). He had a chronic cough for the last couple of years which we put down to bronchitis caused by an allergy, but that has gone since the tumour came out. We're guessing now that pressure on the stomach was giving him acid reflux.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1422 on: 19 January, 2020, 09:50:32 pm »
The dog next door - we called him Willis because he was always barking - used to climb their 2-metre fence too. It was painful to watch.

Very good!  ;D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #1423 on: 20 January, 2020, 10:38:58 am »
;)

« Reply #1424 on: 23 January, 2020, 11:09:23 am »
Scoffing crunchies.
Neither cat has much interest in wet food at the moment.

Yep, ours is studiously ignoring the previously-enjoyed-recently-stocked-up-with wet food. Thankfully crunchies still pass the test.  Might try a different manufacturers product.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)