Author Topic: Need access to neighbour's land to maintain gable wall.  (Read 19561 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Need access to neighbour's land to maintain gable wall.
« Reply #125 on: 12 June, 2015, 03:14:36 pm »
Our scaffold planks are all locked down with clamps.

....apart from the ones that aren't.
It is simpler than it looks.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #126 on: 13 June, 2015, 10:29:14 am »
Possibly the most legendarily stupid boy I ever taught became a scaffolder. After he left school he seemed to dispense completely with consonants when he spoke. He told me he was an a-o-er. This could have been any number of things, but, model of patience that I am, I persisted and eventually through context managed to understand what was going on between his ears.

My pal Mel has a very amusing story involving this child*, logarithms and a mathematics inspector.

*If he survived his experience as an a-o-er then he will by now be in his 50s, I reckon.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #127 on: 13 June, 2015, 11:17:15 am »
Sadly the story of the scary combination of scaffolder/cokehead must remain unreported.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #128 on: 13 June, 2015, 11:48:35 am »
Sadly the story of the scary combination of scaffolder/cokehead must remain unreported.

Rolled fiver v. short length of scaffold pole?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #129 on: 13 June, 2015, 11:57:42 am »
Scaffolders not only dealing coke out of their yard but having it for lunch :o
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #130 on: 15 June, 2015, 07:02:53 pm »
Possibly the most legendarily stupid boy I ever taught became a scaffolder. After he left school he seemed to dispense completely with consonants when he spoke. He told me he was an a-o-er. This could have been any number of things, but, model of patience that I am, I persisted and eventually through context managed to understand what was going on between his ears.

My pal Mel has a very amusing story involving this child*, logarithms and a mathematics inspector.

*If he survived his experience as an a-o-er then he will by now be in his 50s, I reckon.
Th fnny thng bng tht vwls ar th dspnsbl prts f txt.  Y cn gt by wth jst cnsnnts.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #131 on: 16 June, 2015, 02:10:17 pm »

Th fnny thng bng tht vwls ar th dspnsbl prts f txt.  Y cn gt by wth jst cnsnnts.

Hbrw s rttn mstly wth jst cnsnnts. Sy whn y knw hw...

« Reply #132 on: 17 June, 2015, 09:46:38 am »
Tht's n ntrstng rvltn!