Author Topic: How messed up is your post at the moment?  (Read 16700 times)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: How messed up is your post at the moment?
« Reply #75 on: 20 June, 2020, 09:13:47 am »
Colonissimo seem to be going flat out to redeem themselves after the 'orrible lags of lockdown.  My last coffee order arrived the day after they picked it up in Bordeaux: usually it takes around 3 or four days.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #76 on: 20 June, 2020, 12:21:57 pm »
That's Royal Mail's new EcoPost. Items are carried by a small barefoot boy herding unruly goats in the general direction of the recipient, eating only porridge (for the boy) and whatever they want (for the goats).  Large bodies of water present an obvious difficulty, as do wolves.

There is a ferry across the large body of water, but the ferry operator also has to transport a mountain of cabbages.  The small barefoot boy cannot leave the cabbages in the care of the goats, nor the goats in the care of the wolves.  And because the ferry operator was appointed by Chris Grayling, there is no boat.

Q1. Devise a strategy that will allow the small barefoot boy, the goats and quixoticgeek's parcel to cross the large body of water.  Your budget is £14 million.  Go!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #77 on: 20 June, 2020, 01:06:36 pm »
That's Royal Mail's new EcoPost. Items are carried by a small barefoot boy herding unruly goats in the general direction of the recipient, eating only porridge (for the boy) and whatever they want (for the goats).  Large bodies of water present an obvious difficulty, as do wolves.

There is a ferry across the large body of water, but the ferry operator also has to transport a mountain of cabbages.  The small barefoot boy cannot leave the cabbages in the care of the goats, nor the goats in the care of the wolves.  And because the ferry operator was appointed by Chris Grayling, there is no boat.

Q1. Devise a strategy that will allow the small barefoot boy, the goats and quixoticgeek's parcel to cross the large body of water.  Your budget is £14 million.  Go!
Having spent £13,599,999.99 on cocaine, prostitutes and dancing gnomes, the project is cancelled with the recommendation that we instead buy a ticket on the Eurostar.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #78 on: 20 June, 2020, 11:04:05 pm »
Something posted from West Wickham yesterday afternoon arrived today.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #79 on: 20 June, 2020, 11:38:44 pm »
Package which was due to be delivered on Tuesday next week, turned up this morning. (Saturday)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #80 on: 21 June, 2020, 11:17:57 pm »

Arf  :D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #81 on: 22 June, 2020, 09:28:23 am »
This morning saw the return of the delivery of Important Pizza News.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #82 on: 01 July, 2020, 04:00:27 pm »
8 days ago I posted a birthday card first class in Forest Hill.
It reached its destination in Rotherhithe today.
Googlemaps tell me it's a distance of 5.5 miles and that I could walk it in under 2 hrs.
The recipient's birthday was last Friday.
How we laughed.

TBF - I'm not having a pop at RM here. I think they've done admirable work over the past 4 months.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #83 on: 01 July, 2020, 07:03:28 pm »
It's D's birthday today.
He received a card from his Dad yesterday and from his brother today.

Which is fine and just as expected, knowing the senders' personalities and habits.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #84 on: 25 July, 2020, 03:16:18 pm »

Got home from 6 days away camping. Found 19 packages waiting for me, 4 on my doorstep, and the other 15 in the mailbox. Not many more would fit...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #85 on: 25 July, 2020, 03:55:04 pm »
Quote from: Basil
Package which was due to be delivered on Tuesday next week, turned up this morning. (Saturday)
Package which was due on Tuesday last turned up yesterday (Friday) morning and it looked as though unlicenced Canadian rats* had been at it.

*Probably.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #86 on: 25 July, 2020, 06:45:09 pm »

Went to go out, opened the front door, found another package on my doorstep. Opening it I found 17 packages. For a total of 36.

It's like Christmas!

Now to see if I have enough of any one item to finish any of my projects...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #87 on: 05 August, 2020, 05:37:03 pm »
3 days for a first class letter to get here from Surrey and then it's so wet it is half way to papier-mâché  >:(

CTC magazine may be unrecoverable
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #88 on: 25 August, 2020, 12:13:47 pm »
Bought a small item online late on Sunday night. Paid for second class post. It was delivered a few minutes ago. Conclusion: our post is working fine (and possibly they sent it first class even though I'd only paid for second).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

simonp

« Reply #89 on: 25 August, 2020, 12:16:15 pm »
Our post is erratic. Nothing for a few days then a pile of mail. My friend at the Royal Mail told me they are alternating delivery routes.

I had a phone call from the bank last week about a letter that was returned with "not at this address". Except the address they quoted was correct.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #90 on: 15 October, 2020, 07:54:58 am »
Had a chat to the (different) postie on Tuesday, as he gave me a huge pile of envelopes.  He said I haven't had a delivery for days, lots of his colleagues are off sick* and my round has been tacked onto another one which means it gets dropped if they're running late.

The curse of delivery as a business is that those experiencing the shite service aren't the ones who choose or pay for it, so can't complain.

*my b-i-l may be one of them - he's type 1 diabetic and the sorting office is nowhere near Covid-secure
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #91 on: 15 October, 2020, 08:56:33 am »
Our Royal Mail service is very reliable.  Perhaps the fact that we live less than a mile from the sorting office and our postie leaves the building with his or her trolley, turns right, passes under Rugby rail station, turns left and starts their round amid the victorian terraces where we live helps somewhat.

And when the package through Royal Mail is too large for the postie our very own Postman Pat arrives from the same depot in his red van and with his cheerful outlook on life.

ParcelFarce and most other couriers though ...  🤔

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #92 on: 15 October, 2020, 02:02:57 pm »
3 days for a first class letter to get here from Surrey and then it's so wet it is half way to papier-mâché  >:(

CTC magazine may be unrecoverable

No great loss then...

Post seems to be back to normal here.  Most days it's delivered between 1 and 2 pm.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #93 on: 15 October, 2020, 09:57:21 pm »
Received two NHS letters today.

One was result of poo sticks posted after last collection Monday 5 October, so would have needed a double postal journey. Seems fine to me. Similar time scale last time.

Other was invitation to a time-limited COVID study. Still a week before closing date so also fine.

Chris S

« Reply #94 on: 15 November, 2020, 12:47:10 pm »
Our local Facebook group has a thread running about recent postal delays.

Someone mentioned it to their postie, and he basically said more than half the staff at Durham are off with the 'rona, or are isolating; so they're basically only processing half the post each day. That quickly builds up a decent backlog.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #95 on: 21 November, 2020, 05:43:30 pm »
I thought my post was OK until I received a letter from e-on stating payment for my last bill was overdue.
Bill date 27 October.
Bill received 13 November & paid same day.
I didn't note the bill date at the time as I never leave bills unpaid. I checked my bank to find out when I'd paid.
Demand dated 12 November, received 19th...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #96 on: 21 November, 2020, 07:55:47 pm »
Mr BHPC Secretary Glen has noted that the post in South Oxon is fuXX0red and not to expect the latest magazine inside a fortnight.  Got mine the day after it was posted.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #97 on: 22 November, 2020, 08:15:12 am »
Mine's really bad - ordered a new CH 'stat/prog. on Wednesday a.m., due for delivery Mon. - Tues., delivered on Thursday. Installed and set up yesterday.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #98 on: 22 November, 2020, 08:36:50 am »
Ordered a book from Turkey. It arrived 6 days after despatch with excellent tracking info. The trains probably run on time, too.
Move Faster and Bake Things

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: 27 November, 2020, 04:25:37 pm »
I've been waiting for 2 parcels from Royal Mail. One said it was going to be delivered Weds but wasn't. The 2nd said it would be delivered y'day, along with the one that wasn't delivered on Weds. They weren't.

Nothing appeared today either. I just looked up the tracking info which for both said 'delivered' today .
Details are Delivery Scan Recorded at Customer Service Point at my local delivery office at 0608 today.

So I assume either they're being naughty and saying it's been delivered to avoid a penalty (if there even is one) and I'll get it later, or they  CBA delivering it and I'll never see either item...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.