Author Topic: Fixed Wheel Challenge Log  (Read 19157 times)

Re: Fixed Wheel Challenge Log
« Reply #50 on: 08 November, 2010, 08:46:50 pm »
20 for 2009/10

I'd quite like some competition this year please. I'll never be challenging the boys, so another lady or two to chase might be nice.

simonp

« Reply #51 on: 08 November, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
Get someone to have a sex change?

« Reply #52 on: 08 November, 2010, 10:07:22 pm »
I've been knocked off my perch this year. Good to see someone else getting the miles in on fixed. Glad that he rode more AUK miles than me and didn't just get it by AAA points (I don't think they should count) but good to see that he did some hilly rides on fixed.
Good to have another FWC rider and even better to have a new name on the AUK award.

Well done Mike. :thumbsup:

20 for 2009/10

I'd quite like some competition this year please. I'll never be challenging the boys, so another lady or two to chase might be nice.

Like I said above. Good to have another fixed wheeler and also to have another name on an AUK award. Even better that you issa lay-dee because we don't have many that ride fixed. 20 points is very worth when you see what has been done before by others. Often nothing at all. so well done and well deserved. :thumbsup:

« Reply #53 on: 08 November, 2010, 10:50:56 pm »
70.75 for me for 2009/10.  :smug:

Which is probably only good enough for about 7th this year. Who'd have thunk it?

You beat me, Chris.  I got 62.25 points - I'd have had more, but I stopped in August.  Dammit. 

I was surprised at the total  - you tot up FWC points remarkably quickly when you ride AAA events.

« Reply #54 on: 08 November, 2010, 10:55:29 pm »
20 for 2009/10

LindaG has just bought a FW bike - and has just ridden her first 200k.

Just sayin'.

« Reply #55 on: 08 November, 2010, 11:17:45 pm »
I have 10 or 12, I'm not submitting a claim because I can't be sure, keep forgetting to complete my FWC card, few were on calendar events and I'll not be challenging anyone anyway.

2 this year so far

« Reply #56 on: 09 November, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
I've hardly touched the fixed this year. Just a couple, possibly three, local 200s.

Interestingly I have had folk asking me to sign their FWC cards for DIYs or permanents. As far as I can see, self-certification is the only possibility is that case, unless I'm expected to position myself somewhere along the route, secret-control fashion, with a camera.

Billy Weir

« Reply #57 on: 10 November, 2010, 06:34:33 pm »
(This is not a submission.)

2 FWC points last year (The Upper Thames which I'm pretty sure I did on fixed).

I equalled your impressive tally of 2 points.

Richard has made a note of my claim, but did kindly manage my expectations by pointing out that he didn't think I'd be in the running for the trophy.

simonp

« Reply #58 on: 10 November, 2010, 06:40:50 pm »
I only realised after receiving the FWC card that the SFW award has to be entered separately.

So now I needs to get one of those cards too.

I need to choose my rides carefully.  I'm thinking:

DIY 200k to Harwich and back.  Or maybe Up the Uts.
The Dean 300k.
Brevet Cymru 400k.  Easier than the Irish Mail, innit?  Or is it.

Then I have to work out which 600k.  I've already entered the K&SW and the Offa's Dyke.  Both of those sound like hard work on fixed.

So it'll have to be the BCM or the Border Raid.

Should I add this to the 2011 goals thread?  :hand:

Chris N

« Reply #59 on: 10 November, 2010, 07:12:36 pm »
Brevet Cymru 400k.  Easier than the Irish Mail, innit?  Or is it.

Yes. Much easier. I'm going for the Irish Mail and the Border Raid.

rob

« Reply #60 on: 10 November, 2010, 08:33:05 pm »
An unplanned SFW and 27 points for me.

Geared bike has been stuck in the garage since May.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #61 on: 11 November, 2010, 06:18:48 pm »
Being a numpty, I cannot find the website that tells me how to buy the cards logging the audax rides I've done on fixed. Or the card for recording a fixed SR. Can someone point me in the right direction? Ta.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

simonp

« Reply #62 on: 11 November, 2010, 06:55:46 pm »
Being a numpty, I cannot find the website that tells me how to buy the cards logging the audax rides I've done on fixed. Or the card for recording a fixed SR. Can someone point me in the right direction? Ta.

Look in the handbook, which is in PDF form on the website.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #63 on: 12 November, 2010, 07:08:38 am »
Ta.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #64 on: 12 November, 2010, 10:37:38 am »
20 for 2009/10

You'd better ride less on fixed then ...
I'll have trouble even chasing 20 points.  My original, more modest plan was for about, er, 8.
Will see what the weather is in Dec anyway, my Nov ride will include gears.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #65 on: 12 November, 2010, 11:01:26 am »
20 for 2009/10

You'd better ride less on fixed then ...
I'll have trouble even chasing 20 points.  My original, more modest plan was for about, er, 8.
Will see what the weather is in Dec anyway, my Nov ride will include gears.
Before this goes any further, I'd like to point something out:
various well-known female AUKs routinely ride further-n-faster than most of the boys.
And Boab (on fixed) finished before many boys (and men) on Saturday.

So unless you want to split all the competitions, and have different easier time limits for the allegedly slower gender, well ... hopefully you get my drift.  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #66 on: 07 January, 2012, 10:41:39 am »
Tossing my hat into this years ring, although not as a serious points chaser. Going to do my first Fixed Wheel audax tomorrow by doing the Goodbye Yorkshire Christmas Pud 100k from Thorne.

Slight problem being that I haven't yet registered for FWC as I didn't really think about it until yesterday. Is there any way that I can claim restrospectively for this ride once I've registered. Also doing the ride as ECE. Can ECE portions be claimed as well? The pdf says you need to have the organisers validation after the ride, which there won't be as the organiser will be sat at home laughing at my folly by the time I finish my bit.

Will start making progress into an SR as well, although not sure how far I'll get with that.

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #67 on: 08 January, 2012, 09:15:13 am »
Yes, once you recieve your FWC card you could ask the organiser to stamp/sign it and return by post.  I have done this a few times in the past after forgetting to hand in my card because of exitement at finnishing and/or extreme fatigue

I am not sure about the ECE bit - I would have thought that this is taken on trust - similar to completeing a fixed DIY

best,
J