Author Topic: Bought any camping gear today?  (Read 331878 times)

Re: Bought any camping gear today?
« Reply #1125 on: 15 April, 2015, 08:29:01 pm »
I have bought a new tent today  :) . A vango mirage 200 .

I have already bent a pole section putting it up in the front garden   :(  :-[  but I will see if I can get a replacement section tomorrow   :) .
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #1126 on: 18 April, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »
Inflatable Mammut pillow. Mmm bit small. Some nice tents around atm, very tempting, I want a porch.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #1127 on: 18 April, 2015, 07:37:40 pm »
The mirage has a small porch and for 1person it is roomy . I didn't peg the tent out for the photo . I wanted this tent because it is freestanding which makes it very versatile . :)

« Reply #1128 on: 18 April, 2015, 07:51:57 pm »
Nice tent.   Bringing it to Long Itch?

« Reply #1129 on: 19 April, 2015, 07:57:31 am »
Yes I will use it for long itchington .I will be towing the trailer this time   :).

« Reply #1130 on: 19 April, 2015, 09:54:39 am »
Recently took delivery of Tarptent Moment DW - already have the Moment and this came out later - reasonably priced at about £300 including delivery, seam-sealing, I've used the Moment 100s of times for stopping over at work throughout the year but with the mesh inner it's not so suited to the sort of wild camping I like to do, hence the upgrade.  Looking forward to trying it out in Cornwall over the May Day BH when I go to visit my niece in Penzance, but from setting it up downstairs it's got masses of room for my needs, weighs just 1kg, and the spec has to be read to be believed with all the options available.

Unfortunately TT don't have a UK service outlet, could be a business opportunity for someone with a bit of cash to invest in some stock.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #1131 on: 19 April, 2015, 01:53:51 pm »
New tent day!

I ummed and ahhed in Cotswold Outdoor for a while on the merits of 1-man vs 2-man, decided that a really teeny tent was too small for me to be comfortable in, and ended up coming home with a Wild Country Zephyros 2. It's currently half-up in my living room while I figure out all of the bits, and frankly I'm pretty confused  ??? because some of the attachments aren't immediately obvious to a muppet like me and not massively over-labelled like everything in my Vango tents.

Still, I'm sure I'll figure it out. I imagine it's a lot more obvious when it's pegged out properly, and not just held by a coffee table leg at one end and a chair leg at the other!

« Reply #1132 on: 19 April, 2015, 05:50:09 pm »
...at the other end of the spectrum the Kelty Triptease cord I ordered yesterday afternoon arrived earlier - speedy!

About a tenner, which seemed to be a good price for reflective dyneema cord. Now to test it with some mini lineloks...

« Reply #1133 on: 19 April, 2015, 09:29:13 pm »
Hmmm, I may have accidentally bought a tent. Despite being on a mission to reduce tent quantities around here  :-[. We'll see how it is when it arrives.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Juan Martín

• Consigo mi abrigo
« Reply #1134 on: 22 April, 2015, 11:20:55 am »
A Gelert Evora porch awning type thingy as part of my Berlingo austerity camper project.

« Reply #1135 on: 22 April, 2015, 10:28:23 pm »
Hmmm, I may have accidentally bought a tent. Despite being on a mission to reduce tent quantities around here  :-[. We'll see how it is when it arrives.

Lovely :thumbsup:

https://m.flickr.com/photos/joansherriff/17211766496/

(Hope that works - copying and pasting on the kindle is tricky!)

« Reply #1136 on: 23 April, 2015, 07:31:17 am »
Other than being mighty fine bike storage for Nye, what is it and what about it upset the tent rationalisation?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1137 on: 23 April, 2015, 08:33:36 am »
erm well I think this can go into this thread.

Since I'm picking up a converted VW Transporter T5 today.

Time to spend this summer as a support vehicle for Peli :)

I send her on her merry way on her bike, go for a walk with mutt, pick her up with a freshly made cup of tea, cake and a place for her to change into non wet/sweaty clothing.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #1138 on: 23 April, 2015, 09:17:24 am »

I send her on her merry way on her bike, go for a walk with mutt, pick her up with a freshly made cup of tea, cake and a place for her to change into non wet/sweaty clothing.

I've just acquired one of these too!  A beautifully converted camper van that I was calling the Scooby Van until Hillary Clinton called hers that. :(
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

« Reply #1139 on: 23 April, 2015, 09:46:58 am »
Other than being mighty fine bike storage for Nye, what is it and what about it upset the tent rationalisation?

2015-04-22 12.44.18 by misssherriff, on Flickr

It's a standard Good Companion, without a sewn in groundsheet - the next size down from our Good Companion Major.  :)

Tents are supposed to be leaving, not arriving!

« Reply #1140 on: 23 April, 2015, 09:48:07 am »

Sounds like a fabulous plan  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1141 on: 23 April, 2015, 10:09:09 am »

Fantastic!  Very cool idea :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #1142 on: 05 May, 2015, 11:47:38 pm »
I bought an ex-Army basha from a local yesterday, and I was wondering about a bag to keep it in...

...and spotted that Wilkinsons are doing a set of 3 drybags for a fiver - it fits nicely in the middle sized one.  :thumbsup:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

« Reply #1143 on: 06 May, 2015, 09:03:14 am »
Just had a Helinox chair delivered ready for the weekend at Long Itch.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #1144 on: 06 May, 2015, 09:59:32 pm »
After a bit of umm-ing and ahh-ing, this evening I've finally cracked and ordered myself an Alpkit BruKit. For a third of the cost of a JetBoil it seems like it's probably worth a punt, and fingers crossed it'll turn up on Friday morning before I need to set off to Long Itch.

« Reply #1145 on: 06 May, 2015, 10:09:29 pm »
After a bit of umm-ing and ahh-ing, this evening I've finally cracked and ordered myself an Alpkit BruKit. For a third of the cost of a JetBoil it seems like it's probably worth a punt, and fingers crossed it'll turn up on Friday morning before I need to set off to Long Itch.

Oooo
Interested to see that in action ....

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1146 on: 09 May, 2015, 11:01:33 am »
Just ordered 2 alp kit airo mats, a brukit and a spork. Got a 2/3 May for my son to try. Given he is 5 it should be big enough!

« Reply #1147 on: 10 May, 2015, 01:53:43 pm »
Anyone after a great all in one camp kitchen for one (Or 2) - https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=90628.0

« Reply #1148 on: 10 May, 2015, 03:16:54 pm »
Not new this weekend but certainly first time in proper use the weekend. A Thermarest Trekker, one of those things that allows your sleeping matt to double up a chair. What a revelation, the best single item of camping kit that I’ve ever bought.

hillbilly

« Reply #1149 on: 10 May, 2015, 04:25:35 pm »
Alpkit Koala bag.  For some bikepacking adventures in the South East of England.