Author Topic: Xbox360 & Kinect  (Read 760 times)

Xbox360 & Kinect
« on: 15 June, 2010, 04:00:28 pm »
It seems there is a Wii-like hands free gizmo arriving for the Xbox360 called Kinect.  Is this going to a standalone box that will plug in.  Apparently there is a new xbox towards the end of the year?  Anyone know?
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
Re: Xbox360 & Kinect
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2010, 09:28:12 am »
The new xbox is just higher capacity. 

Kinect looks potentially very cool: it's what Eye Toy should always have been.  Brace for Minority Report interfaces.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2010, 11:18:03 am »
Yep, standalone box. Suggestion is that it'll be heavily subsidised. My guess is £70 with a game bundle.

We had a Microsoft labs person over the other day, touting the Lifecam. She said that the labs are full of Natal'd 360's, but she's never touched them. She claimed she'd never played a video game.

I'd have sacked her.

« Reply #3 on: 16 June, 2010, 05:31:11 pm »
Do you reckon the Kinect will be a better system than the new Wii?
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

finch

• Hair today gone tomorrow
    • Comicpictures
« Reply #4 on: 16 June, 2010, 06:04:29 pm »
Apparently it's going to cost £135 , depth of field camera ought to make it better than wii but lots of journos at E3 are disappointed with the early games . However it knows who you are and auto loads the correct profile , it IS suppposed to have both voice commands AND minority report menus . It is also standalone , the new xbox is just a gimmick . 250gb hdd , wi-fi built in and super quiet ( it's a ps3 with no bluray ) .