Author Topic: Cyclist attacked by driver  (Read 2021 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Cyclist attacked by driver
« on: 14 April, 2021, 09:21:28 am »
On my way home yesterday I was passed by an ambulance going the other way.  Then I read this on the local news website:

https://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/news/crime/cyclist-suffers-significant-head-injuries-in-attack-by-driver-in-turners-hill-3199930
Sussex Police said officers were called to Paddockhurst Road in Turners Hill at 4.50pm yesterday (April 13) following reports of an alleged assault on a cyclist.

The driver of a black Mercedes had overtaken the cyclist, before getting out of the vehicle and allegedly assaulting him with what is believed to be a metal pole, police said.

That's just up the road from where I work. All a bit close really. The report then goes on to say that a 28 year old man has been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent.

There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Re: Cyclist attacked by driver
« Reply #1 on: 14 April, 2021, 05:59:16 pm »
I doubt it's random, not that many people drive around with a metal pole just in case of cyclist road rage.
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

« Reply #2 on: 14 April, 2021, 06:33:01 pm »
I doubt it's random, not that many people drive around with a metal pole just in case of cyclist road rage.
There are quite a few people who drive around with weapons in case of any rage. Plenty of people will enrange the weapon carriers by doing things like stopping for pedestrians or generally not getting out of their way.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2021, 10:12:45 pm »
Even just riding a bike along the road seems to make some motorists want to kill.