Author Topic: Three Bromptons, a Moulton and a Bickerton - 200 km from Northallerton, 03/05/21  (Read 7632 times)

My pace was much better than expected till I got to the private school at Cundall. Then my knee started complaining. I eased back a bit but it didn't shut up. I decided discretion was the better form and all that, and decided to bail. I was so annoyed at the 'waste' of the day I went bimbling square bagging instead, so I got all the weather, and the hike a bike walking was at least as bad for the knee as cycling so I might as well have ridden the whole lot.

O, and the icing on the cake? The velcro on the trunk bag ate my shorts. I was so cold & wet I didn't notice I had bare flesh exposed on my upper thigh.

I'm sure the weather would have been better if you'd all ridden Bromptons, Moultons and Bickertons.

Oh, and a small correction to the above - it was one Brompton and one Moulton. No Bickertons, but there's always another year.

In the end I had 22 riders on the day and 21 (slightly damp) finishers. Thanks to all the helpers, of course, and those who did start, though the day did get a bit grim so I can't really blame anyone for staying in bed.

There's a bit of leftover cash which I'm going to bung at my local food bank. And leftover cake which I'll have to distribute round the neighbours.