Author Topic: PBP - Reflective vests?  (Read 99579 times)

Re: PBP - Reflective vests?
« Reply #275 on: 16 November, 2010, 07:13:35 pm »
Rebonjour...

If that doesn't work (the address changed as it appeared on the screen), the address of the site generally is Accessoires pour améliorer la sécurité du vélo, le confort du cycliste et le transport des enfants - LeCyclo

Go to « Securité » and then scroll down.

french boy

« Reply #276 on: 16 November, 2010, 07:17:08 pm »
Just to point out that mine are EN471 and cheaper.

« Reply #277 on: 16 November, 2010, 07:37:56 pm »
I've got the vest , where can I get the underpants?

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #278 on: 16 November, 2010, 10:32:40 pm »
more hi-viz than a school lollipop persons convention ...5 mins round the corner from chillmoister towers .......also handy for the steel toecap SPDs and industrial rubber safety track mits:

light me up like an M25 traffic Cone Please

appearing in a tea room near you

« Reply #279 on: 17 November, 2010, 05:10:13 pm »
I've got the vest , where can I get the underpants?

He's got them on the wrong way round, surely for a "bent" rider.
When you're too tired to continue you fall off                            

200(7) 300(4) 400(4) 600(3) 1200(1) 1400(1)

« Reply #280 on: 17 November, 2010, 05:19:17 pm »
It's a rechargable glowing hi-vis codpiece, it inspired Larry Blackmon for his red one in the video for 'Word Up'.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MZjAantupsA&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/MZjAantupsA&rel=1</a>

« Reply #281 on: 26 November, 2010, 12:53:34 pm »
On a slightly more serious note - Looked at the FFCT sit for the "gilet" in the security section.... There are two models 1 at 15 euros and one now reduced to 45 from 80. |Great I'll take the cheap one, process the on line purchase until prompted for the membership number....Ok I'll join .....Or maybe not 60Euros for the year (includes insurance)..... :-[

Maybe's I'll be using an Ian H one instead....

Andrew

« Reply #282 on: 26 November, 2010, 03:11:45 pm »
Great I'll take the cheap one, process the on line purchase until prompted for the membership number.

If you, or anyone for that matter, wants one then pm me. I'm an FFCT member and will quite happily post stuff on to the UK.

« Reply #283 on: 27 November, 2010, 03:06:22 pm »
|Great I'll take the cheap one, process the on line purchase until prompted for the membership number....Ok I'll join .....Or maybe not 60Euros for the year (includes insurance).....

It is possible they might accept your CTC membership (if applicable) as an "associate member" .   FFCT do accept CTC membership when booking for the Semaine Federal.

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #284 on: 27 November, 2010, 03:54:38 pm »
I've trialled Ian's today and it is fine. Doesn't flap, and it is easy to put on.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #285 on: 04 December, 2010, 11:29:51 am »
Great I'll take the cheap one, process the on line purchase until prompted for the membership number.

If you, or anyone for that matter, wants one then pm me. I'm an FFCT member and will quite happily post stuff on to the UK.
The FFCT seem to have suspended online orders, as of 1st Dec.

LEE

« Reply #286 on: 04 December, 2010, 11:56:15 am »
I think I'll just get a big marker pen and draw a YACF logo on the back of mine, just for identification.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #287 on: 04 December, 2010, 11:59:45 am »
I think I'll just get a big marker pen and draw a YACF logo on the back of mine, just for identification.
But which version? Christmas, Royal Wedding, "Classic", LHD .... too many decisions ...  :(
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #288 on: 13 January, 2011, 10:08:55 pm »
I see they are planning to sell the reflective Gilet with registration:

Paris-Brest-Paris 2011

« Reply #289 on: 13 January, 2011, 10:11:31 pm »
I still have stocks of the mesh ones I found. EN471 compliant.

border-rider

« Reply #290 on: 14 January, 2011, 08:59:17 am »
But which version? Christmas, Royal Wedding, "Classic", LHD .... too many decisions ...  :(

CDC ?

« Reply #291 on: 14 January, 2011, 10:38:45 am »

Paris-Brest-Paris 2011

Unfortunately without the price....? (I think this has been noted on another thread...)

border-rider

« Reply #292 on: 17 January, 2011, 01:19:14 pm »
I already own 2 Hi Viz mesh fasten-up-the-front vest objects*; one is an official Audax UK one from several years ago (possibly bought but not used for a previous PBP), and one I got from Lidl last year for a couple of quid for running in.  It's a bit lighter and packs down to about 1/3 the size of the AUK one.

I'd assumed they weren't EN471-compliant but I just checked and they both  are labelled as such, and are CE-marked accordingly.

*MV cunningly avoids admitting ownership of anything beginning with g

« Reply #293 on: 17 January, 2011, 02:51:22 pm »
*MV cunningly avoids admitting ownership of anything beginning with g

gears? ;)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #294 on: 17 January, 2011, 03:02:10 pm »

Paris-Brest-Paris 2011

Unfortunately without the price....? (I think this has been noted on another thread...)

on the website it says that the price of an item is 30 euros. i take it it's the same price for the vest and jersey.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #295 on: 17 January, 2011, 03:19:53 pm »
[30 euros
That's a bit much - I can do five El Supremo events for that.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

border-rider

« Reply #296 on: 17 January, 2011, 03:24:43 pm »
It struck me as quite a bit for an item that does the same job as something that cost me a couple of quid at Lidl, I must say...

If you want a nice logo'd one then I suppose it's probably worth it, but I don't wear one often enough to be desirous of that myself.

Angstbremser

• Zwei Minuten einwirken lassen
  • not the nature of Audax
ACP requirements for Hi Viz
« Reply #297 on: 17 January, 2011, 10:37:29 pm »
Good evening!

Regarding the following:

So if you have a Monday start, you don't pick up your stuff and get your bike inspected until Sunday?

Does the reflective gilet actually have to be labelled as conforming to EN471 or just meet the requirements?

Yes, on the bike inspection, etc.  I assume so, on the gilet.

I just received an email from the ACP. The EN471 requirement had me slightly puzzled, as EN471 is designed to regulate the making of clothing for professional use. Visibility clothing for non-professional use is regulated by EN1150. I wrote an email to the ACP enquiring as to the actually required EN tag on your clothing, since the text of the respective French law will state no specific requirement. However, Mr. Faburel wrote an email back to me stating that EN1150 would be entirely sufficient. This is very good news as it means that my new Mavic Vision Vest will be allowed.

Ciao, Gernot

border-rider

ACP requirements for Hi Viz
« Reply #298 on: 17 January, 2011, 10:39:47 pm »
Useful post

I was wondering about that very aspect when I was looking at the requirements today.

Andrew

Re: ACP requirements for Hi Viz
« Reply #299 on: 18 January, 2011, 09:12:03 am »
the text of the respective French law will state no specific requirement. However, Mr. Faburel wrote an email back to me stating EN1150 would be entirely sufficient.

I'm sure that has been said here on the forum as well!

The law is imprecise and so can understandably cause confusion as to exactly what constitutes conforming hi-viz. Methinks the practical answer can only be 'one or the other' EN reg... even though I'm sure it's an anally retentive lawyers paradise!