Author Topic: Evernew ti stove clone  (Read 4751 times)

Evernew ti stove clone
« on: 02 December, 2013, 08:17:27 pm »
Just ordered one for my touring brew kit. It cost approx. £16 posted. The evernew is £45 so a bargain. It's had a few good reviews on various forums. The beauty of this is that you don't need a support.

Just thought I'd post if anyone wanted an evernew but was put off by the cost.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281202021321?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It's a clone of this, there's a video link on this page too
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/cookers-and-stoves/RB102.html
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Evernew ti stove clone
« Reply #1 on: 02 December, 2013, 08:32:51 pm »
How does it work without a support?  Just balance the pot on the upper ring and the flame spreads outwards?

Doesn't seem to have a lid, which presumably means you have to burn it dry every time...

« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »
The evernew stoves don't have a lid. These do fit a trangia too apparently.

Your pot sits on top and the flames come from the lower holes once it's bloomed, similar to a whitebox but works for smaller pots too. You can use a small trivet though if you like, they are £5 from backpackinglight.

I always burn dry, meths seals the lids on the burners and it stinks my mug out if stored inside.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #3 on: 02 December, 2013, 08:46:34 pm »
I've edited the first post with a link to the evernew, there's a video link on that page too ;)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2013, 09:21:34 am »
I have a White Box stove.  It is superb but my concern with stove that you rest pots directly on is that they can easily fall over as the stove base is very small.

« Reply #5 on: 03 December, 2013, 09:31:27 am »
That's the major issue with resting on top of burners. I do have the trivet which fits, I use it on a small wood burner stove and a tatonka burner. The trivet makes it much safer. I use the Alpkit mytimug and it sits nicely onto the extra pot support.

If you have a section of metal and a dremel, they're super easy to make. Just two bits of interlocking metal.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 03 December, 2013, 02:57:25 pm »
I always burn dry, meths seals the lids on the burners and it stinks my mug out if stored inside.

FWIW, assuming we're talking about a standard Trangia-type burner: The seal effect seems to be mostly caused by the air in the burner cooling down along with the remaining fuel, and can also be mitigated by topping up with cool meths from the bottle before closing the cap.  A Mk 1 ziplock bag prevents pot contamination and reduces rattle.

« Reply #7 on: 03 December, 2013, 03:01:14 pm »
A ziploc bag! More weight!

Do they do a lightweight version ;)

« Reply #8 on: 09 December, 2013, 12:59:18 pm »
A week from Hong Kong! A few UK companies could learn lots from our eastern friends!

It's light, high quality and burns great too. It's also got graduated marks inside so you can gauge the amount of meths for a nice brew ;D

« Reply #9 on: 09 December, 2013, 04:59:45 pm »
Do you have small hands or is it quite a bit bigger than a trangia burner?

« Reply #10 on: 09 December, 2013, 05:04:06 pm »
I think it's an optical illusion. My hand and fingers are bent behind the stove.

It will apparently fit into a trangia ( I haven't tried it ) but the hole and top are more chunky.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #11 on: 09 December, 2013, 05:07:01 pm »
The graduated marks are an excellent idea.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #12 on: 09 December, 2013, 05:15:02 pm »
It made a nice brew this afternoon whilst I was at work. It boiled an almost full mytimug in under 10 minutes with no windshield. It boiled enough for 2 full myticup brews. This was from a touch over the first marker.

It'll burn for well over 30 minutes filled to the max line, my tatonka will burn for 1hour. This has a bit more ooomph!

It will also fit inside an alpkit myticup and obviously a mytimug.

« Reply #13 on: 10 December, 2013, 07:41:24 pm »
It did a full mytimug today to a rolling boil in 6'34". This was after the stove was primed, no windshield and outside in the cold. I may get another to stick in my bike travel kit :thumbsup:

« Reply #14 on: 13 June, 2015, 08:59:33 am »
Instead of a specific stand, could you use 3 ti tent pegs to hold up the pot?

« Reply #15 on: 13 June, 2015, 09:20:21 am »
you could easily use ti pegs.

if I'm using my larger cooking pot, I use the ti trivet. If I'm just doing a brew in the myti mug, it just rests directly on top of the stove.

These are the most used stoves I've ever owned. I've perfected my russian doll style pots too :thumbsup:

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #16 on: 23 June, 2015, 04:21:40 pm »

I have an evernew burner (part of the Appalachian set). It's a very very thirsty beast, but it sure chucks out a lot of heat.

I can recommend the BPL Universal Trivet.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #17 on: 23 June, 2015, 04:54:11 pm »
Nice little stove - needs a windshield though.
Reine de la Fauche

« Reply #18 on: 23 June, 2015, 05:23:21 pm »
ti foil with a ti trivet  ;)

« Reply #19 on: 23 June, 2015, 07:09:15 pm »
ti foil with a ti trivet  ;)

Where do you get ti foil please ?
Reine de la Fauche

« Reply #20 on: 23 June, 2015, 07:22:23 pm »