Author Topic: Beacon RCC's February Sunrise and Snowdrop Audaxes  (Read 5651 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Beacon RCC's February Sunrise and Snowdrop Audaxes
« Reply #25 on: 07 February, 2010, 07:58:04 pm »

I rode the whole event alone as I couldn't keep up.

so did I for the same reason.
I started near the back & succeeded in finishing last.Is there an award for Lantern Rouge RTY?

« Reply #26 on: 07 February, 2010, 09:35:49 pm »
Rob - the other cafe in the area which was used when I rode the first leg of the sunrise with you a few years back has, in recent years, not always proved to be cyclist friendly. The diversion into Evesham is unfortunate but I'm not aware of any other options nearby.

Anyway, the "Fisherman's Cafe" is just the job when it has not run out of its legendary bread n butter pudding - I guess those on the Sunrise ate it all  :(

« Reply #27 on: 07 February, 2010, 10:02:10 pm »
Photos from Charles White are now available at...

Picasa Web Albums - Beacon Roads Cycl... - February 2010...

« Reply #28 on: 08 February, 2010, 06:18:25 am »
Rob - the other cafe in the area which was used when I rode the first leg of the sunrise with you a few years back has, in recent years, not always proved to be cyclist friendly. The diversion into Evesham is unfortunate but I'm not aware of any other options nearby.

Anyway, the "Fisherman's Cafe" is just the job when it has not run out of its legendary bread n butter pudding - I guess those on the Sunrise ate it all  :(

Even those at the back of the Sunrise did not get any  :( :(

As for "OVER" the Lenches,  Fladbury is fine.

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

« Reply #29 on: 08 February, 2010, 09:28:47 am »
Thanks for the feedback.  Fladbury it shall be!

I have found another route that avoids The Lenches and in particular the 'Hanbury grotty lane' that does not add any distance or cause control complications.
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

« Reply #30 on: 08 February, 2010, 06:31:53 pm »
The bread pudding was VERY nice and the portions large. :thumbsup:
I don't want to grow old gracefully. I want to grow old disgracefully.

« Reply #31 on: 08 February, 2010, 09:34:52 pm »
of course bread pudding not bread n butter but all the same  :P to you  ;)