Linked Events

• DIY 200 (Milton Keynes): 27 April, 2008

Author Topic: DIY 200 (Milton Keynes)  (Read 9581 times)

Re: DIY 200 (Milton Keynes)
« Reply #25 on: 14 April, 2008, 08:10:40 pm »
It would be easier to do this  ;D (Cafe here)

Rich.

Is that any good? I've only been to one cafe at Grafham Water and never thought much of it. I never knew there was another.
If not, then there is a cafe in Sainsburys on the inner ring road of Huntingdon. Also a Tesco with a cafe (unless, like many other Tesco cafes, it has been shut  :'() on the by pass. Tesco are better for breakfasts because you can have about as much as you like. Sainsbury's do better meals though. IMHO.
I might try to arrange my 600 ride to meet up with you at your half way point. Not sure if it will work out on the day though.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #26 on: 14 April, 2008, 10:10:33 pm »
Don't know if the cafe is any good as I didn't stop there on Jackies ride. I know where the sainsbury's is though as I got a reciept from there in December.

Rich.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #27 on: 22 April, 2008, 02:44:17 pm »
Rich, can you confirm the exact start place please.  Looks like it might be shorts weather.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #28 on: 22 April, 2008, 03:55:22 pm »
Rich, can you confirm the exact start place please.  Looks like it might be shorts weather.  :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I'll be getting a receipt from the BP garage on Aylesbury street.
Will pm my number.

Rich.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
« Reply #29 on: 23 April, 2008, 12:03:52 pm »

Thanks.

I'll be getting a receipt from the BP garage on Aylesbury street.
Will pm my number.

Rich.

Message received.  Just need to find my phone now..........oh and make sure I set the alarm clock.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #30 on: 27 April, 2008, 06:45:58 am »

leaving shortly, looks calm and peaceful, but overcast

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #31 on: 27 April, 2008, 06:56:45 am »
The forecast is a bit better than yesterday, now shows light showers yesterday showed heavy showers.
See you later.

Rich.

annie

« Reply #32 on: 27 April, 2008, 07:27:11 am »
Shall be thinking of you.  Take care and have fun.

« Reply #33 on: 27 April, 2008, 03:56:12 pm »

Good gentle ride over, thought I was struggling as it was hard work, rolled into the cafe about 15 secs behind Adam and Rich.

The cafe has changed considerably, now looks quite posh.

Adam peeled off at Buckden to head home, while Rich proceeded to give me a good work out, fast to Huntingdon, faster round the ring road,  the steady fast to Haddenham, with some rain to help. Haddenham hill finished my legs off, but for the workout it was worth it, Thanks Rich.

Seriously nice (and fast) 'bent

SF

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
« Reply #34 on: 27 April, 2008, 05:51:59 pm »
Yup, Rich's new Barchetta is very streamlined.  On a number of downhills when he was coasting, I was having to peddle to keep up, and it was only by getting really aerodynamic that I had a chance  - until the uphill of course.  ;)

I ended up doing 172 km in the end, but it was a struggle from St. Neots, with a strong head wind and rain, and my average speed dropped away rapidly from the 27 km/h we'd done up to Grafham Water.  It's the first time since last July that I've done that sort of distance so I need to work on that.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #35 on: 27 April, 2008, 08:49:47 pm »
Got round in 12.20hrs, Fast 100k to Ely 4.45 with a stop for coffee.
Steve, Ian and Andrew rolled in at 13.30 on their 600 so I spent 1.5 hrs there all told. Rode back to MK slowly with them.
Really happy with the new bike it holds the speed quite well and when the new seat comes it will be more aero  ;D

Well done to Andrew on his first 600  :thumbsup:

Rich.

Andy M

« Reply #36 on: 30 April, 2008, 12:50:44 pm »
Thanks Rich. Pleasure to meet you.

Apologies for the  :sick: in Woburn Park - at least I missed your new bike! I imagine the deer are probably partial to a bit of regurgitated flapjack anyway.

Assuming I regain the use of my knees by Sunday I'll pop down the town for your Salcey Forest ride.

« Reply #37 on: 30 April, 2008, 01:02:43 pm »

Assuming I regain the use of my knees by Sunday I'll pop down the town for your Salcey Forest ride.

Eh? You've lent them to someone?

Seriously: you might with advantage consider the gears you use. Blank Mr A from your mind and think about cadences of 90rpm and upwards.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
« Reply #38 on: 30 April, 2008, 05:28:28 pm »
Thanks Rich. Pleasure to meet you.

Apologies for the  :sick: in Woburn Park - at least I missed your new bike! I imagine the deer are probably partial to a bit of regurgitated flapjack anyway.

What if you win on Thursday, will you be busy  ;D

Rich.

Andy M

« Reply #39 on: 30 April, 2008, 05:46:59 pm »
Ssh, I'm superstitious. ;)

If that happens I'll try to organise a BP to coincide with the Tour of Britain coming to Milton Keynes in September.