Author Topic: Denmead 300k: 26th April  (Read 16438 times)

Treewheeler

Re: Denmead 300k: 26th April
« Reply #75 on: 27 April, 2008, 05:09:54 pm »
Mr Tuggo and I did it as a perm last year and just snuck back at dusk after a lot of buggering about and a bit of going wrong.
In 2007 as I recall, the last Mint Magnum at Ower was overlooked by yourself.
 This year year I contented myself with a chocolate Milka.
Back in daylight with enough time to diagnose terminal Ganoderma in Mrs Pilbeams cherry tree and eat more than my fair share of Tunnocks tea cakes.

« Reply #76 on: 27 April, 2008, 06:17:36 pm »
The lane from Downton was hard work and Salisbury couldn't come soon enough. The stop seemed to do me some good and I picked up for the last bit back to Romsey. The inclusion of Dean Hill after ~240km (280 for me) was a bit mean I thought. Barry (on fixed) was reduced to zig-zagging his way up it but made it OK). Glad to reach the top but the descent past bright yellow fields of oil seed rape made up for it.

Yes, those rolling hills were getting quite hard work. I'm not a brilliant climber anyway, but I've paid for those granny rings, I lug them around with me, so I'm damn well going to use them :-)

I'm also not too proud to get off and walk, which I did about half way up Dean Hill. It was tough going, and walking wasn't going to be much slower (and a lot easier on my legs).

As I type, we have had rain, thunder and lightning here this morning so I guess we were pretty lucky.

I was thinking that this morning too - as my wife and kids had gone to do the St George's day parade with cubs/scouts :-)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #77 on: 27 April, 2008, 07:22:22 pm »
I'm also not too proud to get off and walk, which I did about half way up Dean Hill. It was tough going, and walking wasn't going to be much slower (and a lot easier on my legs).

Bleddy 'ell.  :o

That had one of them there chevrons on it.

Next to Mean Wood.   ???

Sad I missed it.  ;)

H

LEE

« Reply #78 on: 27 April, 2008, 09:14:06 pm »

Back in daylight with enough time to diagnose terminal Ganoderma in Mrs Pilbeams cherry tree

I hope that's not a euphemism.

bazzerp

• A new life in Cape Town.
« Reply #79 on: 27 April, 2008, 10:10:46 pm »
Hummers - love your Avatar ....
Where have all the hedges gone ?

LEE

« Reply #80 on: 28 April, 2008, 09:42:42 am »
Hummers - love your Avatar ....

I hope that's not a euphemism.

border-rider

« Reply #81 on: 29 April, 2008, 10:37:34 am »
  Only one nasty climb on the whole ride, over a ridge on the stage to Ower

Marshall's Leap.  Get him to tell the tale :)

He did :)

Most bizarre thing you've ever ridden/crashed your bike into?