Author Topic: Mille Pennines 3rd July 2020  (Read 195365 times)

simonp

Re: Mille Pennines 3rd July 2020
« Reply #125 on: 22 February, 2016, 09:57:31 pm »
There'll be limited parking available at/or around the start for the duration of the event. There's also a park + ride about a mile or so from the event start. More details on this will be available around March/April when the provisional event info' will be ready. Distance now down to about 1003 km. I'll be getting the jersey design back from the suppliers soon. Entries still open.

Andy Corless
Organiser
Mille Pennines 1000

Sigh... finally cracked.

I'm in.

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #126 on: 29 February, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »
I can't believe I'm saying this..... I'm in.

simonp

« Reply #127 on: 29 February, 2016, 10:28:58 pm »
 :thumbsup: it'll be a blast. Or something.

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #128 on: 02 March, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »
"Sigh... finally cracked. I'm in".

"I can't believe I'm saying this..... I'm in.
"

I have your entries.

Andy Corless

« Reply #129 on: 03 March, 2016, 09:20:22 pm »
The lack of flexibility with teachers' holidays prevent me from entering this, but good luck to all the riders.  Winter miles bring summer smiles...

Andy Corless

« Reply #130 on: 07 March, 2016, 11:42:41 am »
"The lack of flexibility with teachers' holidays prevent me from entering this"

That's a shame. The event will hopefully run again.

Andy Corless

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #131 on: 07 March, 2016, 01:48:36 pm »
The lack of flexibility with teachers' holidays prevent me from entering this, but good luck to all the riders.  Winter miles bring summer smiles...

you could pretend to be ill.  I'm sure you will look suitably haggard afterwards  :thumbsup: ;D

« Reply #132 on: 30 March, 2016, 02:47:49 pm »
Does anyone know if there will be car parking at the start location for the duration of the ride? 

LMT

« Reply #133 on: 30 March, 2016, 06:40:13 pm »
Does anyone know if there will be car parking at the start location for the duration of the ride?
Earlier in the thread...

There'll be limited parking available at/or around the start for the duration of the event. There's also a park + ride about a mile or so from the event start. More details on this will be available around March/April when the provisional event info' will be ready. Distance now down to about 1003 km. I'll be getting the jersey design back from the suppliers soon. Entries still open.

Andy Corless
Organiser
Mille Pennines 1000

« Reply #134 on: 01 April, 2016, 06:09:27 pm »
I am fancying this (dont now why ;-) ) but I am not sure I will have enough battery time with my lights. I did the Pendel 600 and managed fine with light but this will be aprox double the night time riding I think. I have a Lezyne Deca drive this does about 7 hours on low and a Lezyne xl 400 as a back up which will do about 4 hours.

Will there be any facility's to charge lights at Hawes?

Rich...

Andy Corless

« Reply #135 on: 01 April, 2016, 08:02:32 pm »
That obviously depends on how much night-riding you do. There's no necessity to ride over the 3 nights. The Askrigg control (no longer Hawes) will provide sleeping facilities and likely somewhere to charge up your batteries. Entries still open due to high drop out.

Andy Corless
Organiser
Mille Pennines 1000

« Reply #136 on: 01 April, 2016, 08:12:20 pm »
whens the order for event jersey due
nam dan on fb

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #137 on: 01 April, 2016, 08:16:07 pm »
I am fancying this (dont now why ;-) ) but I am not sure I will have enough battery time with my lights. I did the Pendel 600 and managed fine with light but this will be aprox double the night time riding I think. I have a Lezyne Deca drive this does about 7 hours on low and a Lezyne xl 400 as a back up which will do about 4 hours.

Rich...

Rich - are there any other options for you to explore - can the lights be recharged with a battery pack? Can you get spare batteries for these?

I am in a similar position - use Lezyne Super Drive and Power Drive - but both of these can charge through a usb cable from a battery pack or take spare batteries (although not high street shop sized batteries).

I think there may be quite a bit of night riding for me to get round in time....

Richard.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #138 on: 01 April, 2016, 09:37:07 pm »

Rich...

According to the official site the light takes a "LIR18650 2 Cell" and this takes 6 hours to recharge but can be replaced.  So just get a couple of spare batteries and charge them before the event

Andy Corless

« Reply #139 on: 04 April, 2016, 05:52:01 pm »
"whens the order for event jersey due?"

In about a month or so.

Andy Corless

Jonah

• Audax Club Hackney
« Reply #140 on: 04 April, 2016, 07:31:38 pm »
Nice one Andy  :thumbsup:
Can we have a sneak preview?  :)

« Reply #141 on: 06 April, 2016, 01:30:39 pm »
not sure whether to use battery lights of get a dynamo ...

I managed a 17hr dark stint at xmas time in the dark on replaceable batteries but it was all a bit awkward

« Reply #142 on: 06 April, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »

I managed a 17hr dark stint at xmas time in the dark on replaceable batteries but it was all a bit awkward

I wouldn't worry: you'll not get that much darkness in 3 nights in northern England the middle of summer. 

« Reply #143 on: 07 April, 2016, 08:00:32 am »
That's what I hoped! Just got to make these lezyne lights work properly... They keep flickering!

« Reply #144 on: 07 April, 2016, 12:04:36 pm »

I wouldn't worry: you'll not get that much darkness in 3 nights in northern England the middle of summer.

Unless it's raining !  ;D

Not far enough

• But what I do I do because I like to do.
« Reply #145 on: 07 April, 2016, 02:09:13 pm »

Rich...

Have you entered yet Rich ? do it do it do it  :)

Steve
https://www.strava.com/athletes/stevegee

Is it better for a man to have chosen evil than to have good imposed upon him?

Not far enough

• But what I do I do because I like to do.
« Reply #146 on: 07 April, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »

Unless it's raining !  ;D

That's a point, It's an Andy Corless ride, better make contingency plans for the wettest July day on record then, just in case!  :D lol

https://www.strava.com/athletes/stevegee

Is it better for a man to have chosen evil than to have good imposed upon him?

Andy Corless

« Reply #147 on: 08 April, 2016, 01:01:15 pm »
"whens the order for event jersey due?"

In about a week or so.

"That's a point, It's an Andy Corless ride, better make contingency plans for the wettest July day on record then, just in case!"

It doesn't normally snow in July, but then again .......

Andy Corless

« Reply #148 on: 08 April, 2016, 01:56:45 pm »

Rich...

If the T shirt looks nice I will enter it ;-) got to have some motivation to get me up them hills ;-)

Have you entered yet Rich ? do it do it do it  :)

Steve

simonp

« Reply #149 on: 08 April, 2016, 04:04:43 pm »
I used B&M Ixon IQ Speed Premium on PBP. Claimed 10h and 50h battery life on high and low power.

I found low plenty most of the time and did not need to use the spare battery pack I took. A note of caution. He battery life was very poor at first and you need to condition the batteries with charge discharge cycles to get anywhere near the claimed life. On the dean this year the battery life was reduced again and I needed the spare pack. Just testing with two lights plugged into one pack just now, and it's exceeding 4h - so close to the expected life again.