Author Topic: Wow! It’s raining!  (Read 9662 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Wow! It’s raining!
« Reply #25 on: 03 June, 2020, 09:30:38 am »
 :thumbsup:

We have a cat that is about the size of a baby elephant...
It is simpler than it looks.

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #26 on: 03 June, 2020, 02:20:25 pm »
Nice to see a little wet stuff here too.
The grass was about to go roots up.
Local reservoirs (Ladybower/Howden/Damflask) were suffering from the thirst of the Midlands despite being full to overflowing in January!
 :)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #27 on: 03 June, 2020, 02:28:18 pm »
Mr R has planned a socially distanced picnic with his family this evening on Granchester Meadows...  forecast isn't looking promising.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #28 on: 03 June, 2020, 06:10:56 pm »
Very light occasional bouts of drizzle on and off all day but not enough to make the ground, pavements wet . :)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #29 on: 03 June, 2020, 09:11:02 pm »
There was a bracing dampness in the air* when I went out for a ride this afternoon. After the "scorchio" conditions on the last few rides, it was actually strangely enjoyable.

* 'Asterix and the Normans' applies: https://www.omgbeaupeep.com/comics/Asterix/009/8/
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #30 on: 03 June, 2020, 10:36:45 pm »
Rain?

Still a myth.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #31 on: 04 June, 2020, 08:59:56 am »
a mere sprinkle, no visible impact on water butt levels, but soil is damp
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #32 on: 04 June, 2020, 09:30:18 am »
Rain?

Still a myth.

Let me know when it eventually reaches you - then I'll know I've got a few minutes to go and get the washing in off the line...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #33 on: 04 June, 2020, 09:44:28 am »
Other than a slightly damp cat in the middle of the night, it seems to be dodging the Surrey-ish portion of the North Downs so far.

Definitely cooler though but I'm damned if I am going back to long trousers. Shorts through to October now. I may not like feet (and especially toes) but I don't mind legs. I'd wear a skirt if I were a girl, which I might be of course, I could just be playing a bloke on the internet. Maybe I really am Jess, and thus undead, but figure you wouldn't believe me.

Anyway, regardless, I'm not wearing a skirt at this moment. But for the future, who knows.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #34 on: 04 June, 2020, 09:49:58 am »
Rain?

Still a myth.

Let me know when it eventually reaches you - then I'll know I've got a few minutes to go and get the washing in off the line...
Don't hold your breath...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #35 on: 04 June, 2020, 10:05:47 am »
The roses got battered overnight - the Old English ones are looking very old this morning and I haven't looked at the ones that hang over the front fence.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #36 on: 04 June, 2020, 10:09:09 am »
It's too late for a lot of crops round here :(
I was talking to one farmer who is thinking that most of his fields won't be worth the cost of harvesting so he'll have to plough them back in and start again next year.

What's next? Locusts?
Everyone's favourite windbreak

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #37 on: 04 June, 2020, 10:13:14 am »
Rain?

Still a myth.

!!!
We've just had the tiniest shower.
I wouldn't bother with the washing.

citoyen

« Reply #38 on: 04 June, 2020, 10:16:29 am »
Rain?

Still a myth.

!!!
We've just had the tiniest shower.
I wouldn't bother with the washing.

Exciting times!

citoyen

« Reply #39 on: 04 June, 2020, 10:19:06 am »
I'd wear a skirt if I were a girl

Surely you can wear what the hell you like if you're WFH. Just as long as you remember not to stand up during Zoom meetings.

« Reply #40 on: 04 June, 2020, 12:55:12 pm »
Other than a slightly damp cat in the middle of the night, it seems to be dodging the Surrey-ish portion of the North Downs so far.

Definitely cooler though but I'm damned if I am going back to long trousers. Shorts through to October now. I may not like feet (and especially toes) but I don't mind legs. I'd wear a skirt if I were a girl, which I might be of course, I could just be playing a bloke on the internet. Maybe I really am Jess, and thus undead, but figure you wouldn't believe me.

Anyway, regardless, I'm not wearing a skirt at this moment. But for the future, who knows.
Real men of course wear kilts. Girls wear skirts!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #41 on: 04 June, 2020, 01:00:45 pm »

It's supposed to be raining here today. Apparently it's 0.2mm an hour constantly since this morning. So far none of it has hit the ground :( Would quite like it to rain. Plants desperately need it. And with the amount of time since it last rained, the petrichor should be wonderful...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #42 on: 04 June, 2020, 01:42:46 pm »
I went to the shop in mild drizzle last night.  The ground was damp enough to make me take it easy on the bollocks infra, though (shades of SteveC's post above) the perpetual puddle of building site run-off at the pedestrian conflict point at the bottom of the hill was still absent.

Other than some gloom and a few spits of rain on the window about an hour ago, it doesn't seem to have amounted to much.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #43 on: 04 June, 2020, 01:46:59 pm »
Still nothing here, though it did go very grey for a while.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #44 on: 04 June, 2020, 01:50:53 pm »

Real men of course wear kilts. Girls wear skirts!
Real men also wear skirts if they are eg cannibalistic warriors of the South Pacific. Though not when playing rugby.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #45 on: 04 June, 2020, 02:06:11 pm »

Had some proper rain come over just now, I tried to photograph it, but failed. Plants look wet now. It's still drizzling.

Yay rain!

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #46 on: 04 June, 2020, 02:23:32 pm »
Hmm, we've at least another week with nothing more than a bit of drizzle forecast.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #47 on: 05 June, 2020, 08:55:53 am »
Fairly heavy in Liverpool at the moment. 
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

ian

« Reply #48 on: 05 June, 2020, 09:22:52 am »
I'd wear a skirt if I were a girl

Surely you can wear what the hell you like if you're WFH. Just as long as you remember not to stand up during Zoom meetings.

I have a wife who might be less keen to find me rummaging through her clothes. That said, I'm not sure I'd survive, she's not just filled the wardrobes, they're fighting for space in Narnia. I'm sure we used to have more cats, but they squeezed in there and never got out, forever compressed in the folds of a coat she bought in 2008 and never wore again.

Our local pub landlord always wears a kilt, I have no idea why. But to be honest, I was thinking of something a bit more feminine.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #49 on: 05 June, 2020, 10:34:35 am »
Very Scottish King King frontman Alan Nimmo wears a kilt on stage so I was a little disappointed when I encountered the band outside a venue and found him wearing jeans.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime