Author Topic: My first race  (Read 1406 times)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
My first race
« on: 04 February, 2009, 05:17:12 pm »
I've spent the afternoon having a bit of a tidy-up, and came across some old photos.
Here's a battered pic of me beating my cousin Trevor in the sprint to my gran's house in Kirkcaldy, ca 1952

I think that was the pinnacle of my cycling career.    :-[ ;D
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
Re: My first race
« Reply #1 on: 04 February, 2009, 08:05:45 pm »
Great stuff !  :)
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #2 on: 04 February, 2009, 09:32:02 pm »
I remember that race. There was Wee Eck; Wullie; Soapy Soutar and Fat Boab hurlin' doon Auchenshoogle Brae. I don't remember Trevor though!  Hang on, that was the 1978 Oor Wullie annual.  ;)

I all honesty, I learned to read by reading Oor Wullie and Broons books.  The first thing I read alound to my Mum was Wee Eck saying, "Wullie, Wullie, let me oot".  I still hear about it from her.  ::-)

R

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #3 on: 04 February, 2009, 11:47:45 pm »
I remember that race. There was Wee Eck; Wullie; Soapy Soutar and Fat Boab hurlin' doon Auchenshoogle Brae. I don't remember Trevor though!  Hang on, that was the 1978 Oor Wullie annual.  ;)

I all honesty, I learned to read by reading Oor Wullie and Broons books.  The first thing I read alound to my Mum was Wee Eck saying, "Wullie, Wullie, let me oot".  I still hear about it from her.  ::-)

R

For the southerners, if you press 888 on your keyboard you can get this post with subtitles.

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #4 on: 05 February, 2009, 06:01:47 am »
Phew.  I was getting worrried that you had started a pro career, at your age !!  It was not the age that was concerning me, it was the impending Bikejournal miles. I'm having enough trouble keeping in touch as it is  ;D