Author Topic: Video footage from the twentyfour12  (Read 1334 times)

Video footage from the twentyfour12
« on: 29 July, 2009, 09:58:21 pm »
I've been trying out a GoPro POV cam like the one Charlotte let me use on TRAT.  I used it for the first time in anger this weekend at the Bontrager twentyfour12. 

Video on Youtube

Re: Video footage from the twentyfour12
« Reply #1 on: 29 July, 2009, 10:04:39 pm »
no swearing at 6.45?  Or just very quiet swearing...

« Reply #2 on: 29 July, 2009, 10:09:08 pm »
I was cursing horribly most of the way round! Fortunately the shockproof case the camera lives in blanked most of the sound :D

Actually, at 6.45 I was pretty much resigned to that happening - those tree roots were right across the steep trail and I didn't have enough speed up to float over them.  I was only astonished that it only happened once. 

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2009, 10:22:55 pm »
Fabulous video, Phil!

In fact - a fabulous effort all round.  You are quite potty  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #4 on: 29 July, 2009, 10:32:31 pm »
I was thinking about you at the weekend, it was hooching down for a good part of the day in Liverpool.   Glad you had decent weather for it.

PS  you are far too young to be into Led Zep,  that's for old farts like me, reliving our misspent youths in The Swan!

PPS What Charlotte said  ;D
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #5 on: 30 July, 2009, 02:36:55 pm »
You were certainly showing most riders a clean pair of wheels.

Sounds like you need a new bottom bracket though!

Didn't you get bored with that course?  (Or am I just spoiled round here?!)

« Reply #6 on: 30 July, 2009, 03:15:27 pm »
I was on the uphills.  I'm not much good at descending so I got overtaken a bit on the downs (you could tell the roadies from the mtbers by that measure).  The course was 14k long, and in our team we reckoned a 45 minute lap was a fast one, although some people were going faster. 

Those clicks are totally inaudible when you're riding - the camera mount wasn't shimmed so it was quite sensitive to bike noise.  I think it might have been the forks making that noise!

The course was significantly more technical than either of the other two big 24s, Sleepless in the Saddle and Mountain Mayhem, which do get a bit dull after a while.  It's certainly at the limit of what I'd want to do if I was riding it solo.  The first climb was probably the boring bit for most people, but since it was where I did all my overtaking I didn't mind it.