Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750065 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series (plus random E Anglian stuff)
« Reply #6650 on: 27 April, 2015, 04:53:11 pm »
I can bring the tools if you like....
Do you have a bigger hammer?  ;D

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #6651 on: 27 April, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »
No need for tools just yet. Need to talk dates.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6652 on: 27 April, 2015, 05:15:49 pm »
Ok, so as some of you heard last Wednesday and as DL intimated up thread I have now taken ownership of a bike transportation and overnight accommodation vehicle which may also be employed as a team van on occasion (it has 2 passenger seats!).

Clearly the bike pictured in the back is not the intended way of moving bikes in the future but it shows how I got it back from the train station earlier.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #6653 on: 27 April, 2015, 05:30:00 pm »
Ok, so as some of you heard last Wednesday and as DL intimated up thread I have now taken ownership of a bike transportation and overnight accommodation vehicle which may also be employed as a team van on occasion (it has 2 passenger seats!).

Clearly the bike pictured in the back is not the intended way of moving bikes in the future but it shows how I got it back from the train station earlier.
Needs a bunk/shelf which will give something to tie the bikes to and sleep on.  :thumbsup:
Having sat in many a van, two seat passenger set-ups are rarely comfy over long distance or time.  :-\

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6654 on: 27 April, 2015, 05:30:43 pm »
Very tidy Huggy. Van envy still rages.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6655 on: 27 April, 2015, 05:48:30 pm »
Having sat in many a van, two seat passenger set-ups are rarely comfy over long distance or time.  :-\
Agreed it will be quite cosy with both passenger seats occupied but I'm not intending to go big distances, possibly 2-3 hours from home at most, anyway I'll be in the driver seat so I won't care  :demon:  ;D

« Reply #6656 on: 27 April, 2015, 05:59:08 pm »
Agreed it will be quite cosy with both passenger seats occupied but I'm not intending to go big distances, possibly 2-3 hours from home at most, anyway I'll be in the driver seat so I won't care  :demon:  ;D
It's not the number of passengers just the seat position. I once drove a hired Transit from Southend to an area near Alnes, just off the A9, with two passengers and eight sets of SCUBA gear, it took around ~18 hours inc. stops, and they were ready to kill me!  :demon:
Not going to take it to French France then? It'd be ideal. Take all the MEMWNS bikes and we'll fly over and meet you!  ;D  :thumbsup:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6657 on: 27 April, 2015, 06:06:06 pm »
It's not the number of passengers just the seat position. I once drove a hired Transit from Southend to an area near Alnes, just off the A9, with two passengers and eight sets of SCUBA gear, it took around ~18 hours inc. stops, and they were ready to kill me!  :demon:
Not going to take it to French France then? It'd be ideal. Take all the MEMWNS bikes and we'll fly over and meet you! ;D  :thumbsup:
That is a scenario that has crossed the mind and a big reason we didn't do that last June was the cost of the van hire, that is not an issue with the team van now  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6658 on: 27 April, 2015, 06:17:33 pm »
An exciting opportunity has landed in our laps ...

Hummers, yacf and audax legend, father of the Portsmouth Wednesday Night Pub Rides which inspired our MEMWNS and all round lovely bloke will be in Witham on the night of Friday 8th May prior to the Asparagus & Strawberries 400.

I shall be booking a table at Witham's Indian Ocean for 8:30pm. There might be a beer in the 'spoons as well. So why not join us???  And bring a WAG why not???

Let me know so I can book the approtiatly sized table.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #6659 on: 27 April, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »
I'm gutted I won't be able to come along - I'll be the wrong side of the Atlantic.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #6660 on: 27 April, 2015, 09:12:49 pm »
Just noticed Hummers' entry to the A&S, but I'll be going up to Rushbanks Farm campsite [the one Tippers used last year] for Friday and Saturday nights - its about an hour's ride from Manningtree and will be my base for controllering duties at the Station Buffet.

« Reply #6661 on: 28 April, 2015, 09:37:34 am »
I'll be up for that Friday night OD, I'll speak to Frau Tippers as well and get back to you.

Huggy, you need to get some of those pics from the Alps posterised and used as wallpaper in the van.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6662 on: 28 April, 2015, 09:40:04 am »
Nice one tippers  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6663 on: 28 April, 2015, 11:13:01 am »

Cool. You did mention it when I bumped in to you on Saturday but it didn't really register at the time (too busy having a decadent Greggs moment). You need a couple of jump seats in the back for extra passengers, bike racks, bunks, insulation for overnighting, cooker, fridge, awning, pop top. Endless possibilities!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6664 on: 28 April, 2015, 12:27:53 pm »
An exciting opportunity has landed in our laps ...

Hummers, yacf and audax legend, father of the Portsmouth Wednesday Night Pub Rides which inspired our MEMWNS and all round lovely bloke will be in Witham on the night of Friday 8th May prior to the Asparagus & Strawberries 400.

I shall be booking a table at Witham's Indian Ocean for 8:30pm. There might be a beer in the 'spoons as well. So why not join us???  And bring a WAG why not???

Let me know so I can book the approtiatly sized table.

I shall try to make that, but will no doubt be very knackered after attending two sets of electoral counts.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6665 on: 28 April, 2015, 03:13:56 pm »

Cool. You did mention it when I bumped in to you on Saturday but it didn't really register at the time (too busy having a decadent Greggs moment). You need a couple of jump seats in the back for extra passengers, bike racks, bunks, insulation for overnighting, cooker, fridge, awning, pop top. Endless possibilities!
And then it could look like this

:-)

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6666 on: 28 April, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »

And then it could look like this

:-)

Will this fit in the space in front of your garage Huggy? I shall keep working hard on building up the slush fund  ;)

« Reply #6667 on: 28 April, 2015, 03:27:59 pm »
hehe....£20 a week from now then!

Actually Huggy....a White Van and an Audi now....I hope you never stop cycling  ;D

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #6668 on: 28 April, 2015, 03:58:20 pm »
^^^^  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6669 on: 28 April, 2015, 04:19:58 pm »

Actually Huggy....a White Van and an Audi now....I hope you never stop cycling  ;D
A cyclist, white van driver and Audi owner (new one to be picked on Thursday btw) - can there be any more to the list that could make me more hated by car drivers??!

As for the Sky van the only difference from mine I see is that theirs is a different paint job than mine, does the same job  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6670 on: 28 April, 2015, 05:19:59 pm »
To be properly hated you need a fucking massive double axle caravan. I wonder whose you could borrow?

« Reply #6671 on: 28 April, 2015, 06:21:21 pm »

As for the Sky van the only difference from mine I see is that theirs is a different paint job than mine, does the same job  ::-)

Erm. Satellite dish on the roof for off bike entertainment, probably beds, showers and several hundred grands worth of top top cycling equipment. Mechanic, driver, masseuse.....etc etc

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #6672 on: 28 April, 2015, 06:37:34 pm »
Don't forget the washing machine!
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #6673 on: 29 April, 2015, 08:45:56 am »
Yeah, I'm still winning, my van is far more streamlined, just look at the size of that satellite dish - you'd have thought Sir Dave would have whipped that off straight away for the small gain!!
I'll also have versions of everything else mentioned with the exception of the masseuse....any volunteers?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #6674 on: 29 April, 2015, 08:49:01 am »
Anyhow, enough talk of vans. Do we have a route for tonight and who's coming out?