Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1750075 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #12575 on: 05 September, 2018, 06:15:51 pm »
Is there a route for tonight?  It looks as if a direct to the Compasses is consensus, which is also my plan.....
I have the classic Compasses via TMNH and Boreham prepped if anyone else wants to go that way from the roundabout @ 7:30, usual time at the General’s if GS wants to rendezvous there. ETA 9pm
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #12576 on: 05 September, 2018, 06:22:45 pm »
Is there a route for tonight?  It looks as if a direct to the Compasses is consensus, which is also my plan.....

I posted a less than direct route.

« Reply #12577 on: 05 September, 2018, 06:28:47 pm »
OK  - I'll be at the Generals at the usual time to join the peleton.

Watch out, there are traffic lights half way up TMNH

I have the classic Compasses via TMNH and Boreham prepped if anyone else wants to go that way from the roundabout @ 7:30, usual time at the General’s if GS wants to rendezvous there. ETA 9pm
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Jem

• ACME HR and Diversity officer
« Reply #12578 on: 05 September, 2018, 06:31:18 pm »
The knackered pussy cat lynx and I are going direct. Power-saving mode for the Fenlands... :facepalm:
See you at the compasses.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12579 on: 05 September, 2018, 07:02:37 pm »
GS, my route has us ascending TMNH via the eastern escarpment so we won’t be troubled by traffic lights.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12580 on: 05 September, 2018, 07:06:23 pm »
GS, my route has us ascending TMNH via the eastern escarpment so we won’t be troubled by traffic lights.
That's a maybe, but by the time you get to the Generals we'll be at the Compasses  :demon:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12581 on: 09 September, 2018, 11:49:57 pm »
Three Elms this week - nice and easy for our Fenland warriors...   :thumbsup:

Following Week (19th), OD proposes a WAG friendly trip to The Chequers at Goldhanger.
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12582 on: 10 September, 2018, 11:05:43 am »
Following Week (19th), OD proposes a WAG friendly trip to The Chequers at Goldhanger.

Nearly but not quite.  There's a lady in my spinning class who is super fit and does a lot of bike racing.  She lives in Tollesbury and would like to see another side of cycling i.e. the magic which is beer(*)'n'bikes  :thumbsup:

(*) other forms of refreshment are available and indeed encouraged.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12583 on: 10 September, 2018, 11:29:01 am »
If the Witham peloton fancies a direct route to The Three Elms THIS SUGGESTION from the archive might suit.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12584 on: 10 September, 2018, 01:19:35 pm »
If the Witham peloton fancies a direct route to The Three Elms THIS SUGGESTION from the archive might suit.

Subject to my London activities on Wednesday, I might ride out to meet you all at Spa RBT.

I would note a slightly nicer route in to 3Elms would be to continue down Sandon Mill after teh path under the A12 (i.e. the route we took to Woolpack last) and follow the cycle path through to Beaches Drive rather than bash along Baddow Road and along Parkway.

https://www.komoot.com/tour/45831471?ref=wtd
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12585 on: 10 September, 2018, 01:24:42 pm »

Subject to my London activities on Wednesday, I might ride out to meet you all at Spa RBT.

I would note a slightly nicer route in to 3Elms would be to continue down Sandon Mill after teh path under the A12 (i.e. the route we took to Woolpack last) and follow the cycle path through to Beaches Drive rather than bash along Baddow Road and along Parkway.

https://www.komoot.com/tour/45831471?ref=wtd

We look forward to following your wheel sweetie.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12586 on: 12 September, 2018, 10:42:03 am »
Should be out tonight on recently fettled winter fixie [Bernardette 67"]; Poppy [75"] will be resting after completing a Fixed Essex SR ...

I just need to send off for the medals to mark my Grandest Slam [50 - 1000km]  :thumbsup:

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #12587 on: 12 September, 2018, 10:43:51 am »
I just need to send off for the medals to mark my Grandest Slam [50 - 1000km]  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #12588 on: 12 September, 2018, 11:37:29 am »

Well done.

Is that a thing? I seem to have got the same except for a 50, and i’ve only done 100s when an ECE has upped it to 200. If it’s a thing I might see how I can complete it, bearing in mind there are no perm 50s in Essex.

I’ll be making my own way to Three Elms, slowly.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12589 on: 12 September, 2018, 11:43:43 am »
Oh God, I’ve just thought, is there going to be some sort of live entertainment horror going on at The Three Elms this evening?

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #12590 on: 12 September, 2018, 11:49:19 am »
https://www.britishairways.com/travel/managebooking/execclub/_gf/en_gb/role-tradecustomer?eId=104030&source=mmb_tab_mb#

Well done.

Is that a thing? I seem to have got the same except for a 50, and i’ve only done 100s when an ECE has upped it to 200. If it’s a thing I might see how I can complete it, bearing in mind there are no perm 50s in Essex.

It's a(n unofficial) thing. 

The "grandest" being the extension to 1000km of the original "Tomsk Grand Slam of Shiny" that he invented a while back.  Here is mine from that same year: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=22529.msg1571811#msg1571811

The 150km was my last ride of the series, which is just as well, as I crashed, fracturing my wrist about 5 miles from home during that ride.

I don't think the GSoS "rules" are too strict, a DIY would be valid.  (Assuming you can enter 50km as a DIY distance).

I’ll be making my own way to Three Elms, slowly.

I'm not going to be at the Three Elms tonight (other plans).

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #12591 on: 12 September, 2018, 12:08:00 pm »
Oh God, I’ve just thought, is there going to be some sort of live entertainment horror going on at The Three Elms this evening?

That's next Tuesday, I checked as soon as I saw which pub we were scheduled for...  http://www.the-three-elms.com/events/

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12592 on: 12 September, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »

That's next Tuesday, I checked as soon as I saw which pub we were scheduled for...  http://www.the-three-elms.com/events/

Praise be.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12593 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:07:08 pm »

Well done.

DIY 50 it'll have to be. You're welcome to plagiarise my 'Woodman's Daughter' 50km route, with or without COR. You can come here to Dunmow for coffee/lunch, whatever, assuming we're around when you ride of course. I'll email it to you.

Any other takers for this to complete the GSoS?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12594 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:13:55 pm »
I'll see you guys at Spa RBT - I have a route - its a bit like the Woolpack one but goes on to 3 Elms through the park etc... Obv no TMNH for me, turns right halfway up as usual :)

https://www.komoot.com/tour/45831471
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #12595 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:24:25 pm »
DIY 50 it'll have to be. You're welcome to plagiarise my 'Woodman's Daughter' 50km route, with or without COR. You can come here to Dunmow for coffee/lunch, whatever, assuming we're around when you ride of course. I'll email it to you.

Thanks Tom, received.

Just to confirm, it is 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1,000? Not a 150 as well?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12596 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:27:54 pm »

Thanks Tom, received.

Just to confirm, it is 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 600 and 1,000? Not a 150 as well?
oh yes, a 150 too!
Some this parish get very upset if you try to sub in a 200 for a 150 saying it's not a true GS :demon:

« Reply #12597 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:35:44 pm »
Yes, a 150k is commitment without points.

Quote :oh yes, a 150 too!
Some this parish get very upset if you try to sub in a 200 for a 150 saying it's not a true GS :demon:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12598 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:53:27 pm »
Some of us already have a dirty 150km... shame I didn't get the rest...  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #12599 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:54:43 pm »

Quite right, too.